If you give your spouse a kidney, can you later charge her for it?

Yikes. Wasn't adultery against the law once upon a time?

Im with him on this one just because she did cheat lol she should have left the marriage if she wasnt happy.
Too bad he cant sue her for chustody of the kids and win since she was unfaithful.....of course this is only his side of the story

I think the husband just wants to humiliate his ex wife. I can't imagine the betrayal he must have felt. I think he filed suit to show the world his ex wife is a no good tramp.

I feel for him and think he's pretty darn creative!:blowkiss:

LOL, now see I am siding with the woman! With a guy like this, why wouldn't she cheat?

He gave her his kidney- but he says openly that it was to save an ailing marriage (and because it made him feel good) he didn't say he would do anything to save her life. Then when the marriage ends- he wants to charge her for the gift he gave her?

I would question whether he used that gift during the marriage, as a tool to hold her in the marriage? You know, if she hinted or talked about leaving then him using the guilt factor- after all he had done for her!

He is a surgeon-ya know, the God complex thing. He saved her, now he owns her.

He is a surgeon-ya know, the God complex thing. He saved her, now he owns her.

He gave her the kidney knowing the marriage was failing....going with the God complex....he thinks she owes him her life. Imagine if all donors took his stance.

Those who live in glass kidney's shouldn't throw stones

This is supposed to be a man of science and yet he actually thinks that you can repossess a bodily organ like you would a vehicle. If this is an insight into his personality , well, maybe I can understand why his wife might stray.

Well, they had three kids, he didn't carry them so I guess she could charge him a surrogate fee.
They must have had sex, what's the going rate for that these days? Housekeeping, watching the kids, doing the marketing, walking the pets, filing the mail, vacation planning; can she charge for those too?

Don't forget keeping the social calendar, providing emotional support, hostessing duties.

I somehow don't think that a person can charge another person for a donated organ.

Selling or profiting from organs given to another in good faith and without an financial incentive is illegal.

No wonder this women wants to divorce him, he does seem like a real winner.

So I hope she hand him an invoice for every dish she washed, every shirt she ironed, every errand she ran, ever party she hosted, anything that dhe did for the benefit of her husband.

In my opinion he will owe her money........

I understand his hurt and humiliation that his wife cheated on him (if she did). The kidney was a gift and can't be taken back. He just wants to humiliate her (nationally) and hopefully get the amount of money that he claims the kidney is worth. He's a doctor; you know he probably doesn't need the money.

Kinda reminds me of the idiot judge that wanted to sue for a crazy amount for not getting his pants from the dry cleaner on time.

I somehow don't think that a person can charge another person for a donated organ.

Selling or profiting from organs given to another in good faith and without an financial incentive is illegal.

No wonder this women wants to divorce him, he does seem like a real winner.

So I hope she hand him an invoice for every dish she washed, every shirt she ironed, every errand she ran, ever party she hosted, anything that dhe did for the benefit of her husband.

In my opinion he will owe her money........

Well, from what I saw today, she had the kidney failure during her third pregnancy. It would appear to me, the pregnancies may have contributed to the problem.

This guy is a jerk! No wonder she's divorcing him!:mad:

JMHO
fran

funny how a little bashing in the press and an interview on LKL can get a story to change....

Now it is all about parental alienation. Uh huh.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/15/kidney.custody/index.html

This is truly one of those stories that just makes you want to :banghead: over and over and over again.

Next he will be demanding payment for the sperm he gave which resulted in her conceiving the children........:waitasec: .. :twocents: a :nuts: seems fair :floorlaugh:

funny how a little bashing in the press and an interview on LKL can get a story to change....

Now it is all about parental alienation. Uh huh.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/15/kidney.custody/index.html

um, women had to fight for how many centuries just to be first class people, before slaves and before immigrants.

I sometimes feel sorry for our boys today....

If it aint hmpfh its give me my organ back, dude you can keep your organ! We chicks will pay for transplants from the wrist on south.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back