Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Man Who Found Caylee's Remains Once Arrested On Kidnapping Charge

Meter Reader Likely To Grant Network TV Interview

POSTED: Friday, January 9, 2009
UPDATED: 1:46 pm EST January 10, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County utility worker who last month discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony in a wooded area near the girl's grandparents' home was arrested in the early 1990s on kidnapping charges, Local 6 News reported.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18448218/detail.html

What impact do you think this will have on the case?
Do you think that the defense will use this information that Kronk revealed to cast suspicion on him?
The discussion is NOT whether Kronk kidnapped anyone as he has been 100% cleared of this arrest. The discussion is what will be the ramifications, if any, on his discovery of Caylee.

I don't think it will have any bearing on it at all. I think by coming forward at time of hire shows his true character. It's not like he is revealing this for the first time to avoid suspicion, he has been honest from the beginning. I admire him for coming public with this information in what i see as an effort to head off any possible defense accusations of involvement with Caylee's murder.

Absolutely no impact what so ever ! !

After hearing the "circumstances" surrounding the charge of kidnapping....it's no wonder the charges were dropped and his record was EXPUNGED....this shouldnt even be a topic up for discussion. The current boyfriend of his then EXgirlfriend called the cops and said he kidnapped her, even though SHE called Roy K to come get her.

If it wasnt for this man, Caylee may have never been found....

I think it will definitely "muddy the waters" a bit. Hopefully the evidence presented by the prosecution will be strong enough that this puzzle piece will not be important.

I don't think it will have any bearing on the case personally, unless it is found that someone told Kronk where the body was. At this point, I don't think that happened.
I give him all respect for not hiding his past, and realize that if he was afraid of his past in the least bit, he would not have made that last call.
I do feel however, that the more drawn out the suspicion is around Kronk and his heroic day in Dec, the more chances are that others with pasts will not report things such as this.:confused:

I wouldn't put it past the defense to try to use it--let's face it, there's not much they have going for them at this point. But I would expect the judge to rule that no mention can be made in Court about it. And any even mildly-perceptive person will be able to see through a defense play about this in the media.

Does this create suspicion in any of your minds?
To me it is a big nothing. I am not excited about it nor does it move me in any way.
It almost adds to the comedic element of this case. Another poster posted on the other thread that "another clown just squeezed out of the car" and I think that is a perfect analogy.

I do not believe it will have any impact on the case at all.

Of course, the defense will definitely try to cast a cloud of suspicion on him, but they can't weave him into a scenario if there is no basis for it. They cannot connect him to the other parts of evidence in this case which are key to the prosecution.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Orange County utility worker who last month discovered the remains of Caylee Anthony in a wooded area near the girl's grandparents' home was arrested in the early 1990s on kidnapping charges, Local 6 News reported.

Do you think that the defense will use this information that Kronk revealed to cast suspicion on him?
The discussion is NOT whether Kronk kidnapped anyone as he has been 100% cleared of this arrest. The discussion is what will be the ramifications, if any, on his discovery of Caylee.

I don't think it will have any bearing on it at all. I think by coming forward at time of hire shows his true character. It's not like he is revealing this for the first time to avoid suspicion, he has been honest from the beginning. I admire him for coming public with this information in what i see as an effort to head off any possible defense accusations of involvement with Caylee's murder.

I was reading old threads last night and someone said that if the body was ever found, whoever found it would become part of the news/mess, too, and they were right. I think he is handling it well, though, and if the defense tries to throw him under the very crowded bus, I doubt they will get very far. He could be Charlie Manson's first cousin and it still wouldn't change the facts of the case as it stands.

Grace

I dont think it will have much impact at all. The defense will use it, though. They will use lots of things. Pizza, bogus tips called in by the A's, a non-existent nanny named ZFG, a non-existent job, etc etc etc.

To me it is a big nothing. I am not excited about it nor does it move me in any way.

It almost adds to the comedic element of this case. Another poster posted on the other thread that "another clown just squeezed out of the car" and I think that is a perfect analogy.

ITA. I am not excited about it, but a little sad about it, as I do think it may make others reluctant from being good samaritans in the future.

THIS IS A MOOT POINT!!!!!

No bearing on the case at all.

I think it will definitely "muddy the waters" a bit. Hopefully the evidence presented by the prosecution will be strong enough that this puzzle piece will not be important.

Caylee was found on dec 11, well over a month ago. I think it's safe to assume that if Mr. Kronk had anything to with this he would have been arrested by now.

Whatever personal issues this man had in his past is his business. He is the one who brought forth the information so I assume he is prepared to take on whatever bashing people feel they need to level at him.

He isn't the bad guy here, he didn't murder Caylee..her mother did and thankfully because of him her resting place will no longer be a garbage bag in the woods.

If the defense thinks that they are going to drag this man around by the nose and accuse him of murdering this little girl I think they have another thing coming to them. Because from the looks of Mr. Kronk, his military history, his honesty and his own personal loss of his wife I think he is good and ready for a showdown.

And with he SA's and hopefully with the support of the public (who desperately wanted Caylee found) they will stand behind this man and not allow the murderer's lawyer to accuse this innocent man. And lets not forget that it is highly likely that jose knows that casey murdered Caylee and that information alone prevents him from accusing an innocent party.

This story as we know it to be from the news reporting should have no effect on the trial.

It seems to have had an impact on the case though.

Padilla hasn't spoken at length about this good Samaritan yet - except to believe he is part of a daisy chain. Why? Is more to come?

So, I guess we just go along for the ride while this works its way out like most of the rest.

ITA. I am not excited about it, but a little sad about it, as I do think it may make others reluctant from being good samaritans in the future.

I disagree and look at it completely opposite.

I think he is setting a great example for those that might not want to get involved which, by the way, is not a new behavior.

Look at what happened. he reported the discovery over and over knowing full well that it could be construed as odd behavior and knowing full well that he had a record.
I don't know about you, but if I was under the impression that LE had cleared my report on more than one occasion, I am not sure I would continue to report it. I would expect they might think I was some kind of nut or at a minimum arouse some suspicion as to why i was so adamant about that location.ESPECIALLY if I had a criminal record.

I think he is role modeling that none of that matters, that we have to follow what we think is right and maybe that will encourage others to step forward in the future without regard to themselves.

In fact, it makes him seem a more reliable witness, IMO. He revealed this, obviously knowing it would come out sooner or later. He stole the DA's thunder.

"grand jury determined that there was no probable cause to bring charges against me."

The saying is that a ham sandwhich can be indicted... So if they failed to indict, that means the case was BS.

This has NO BEARING ON THE CASE.

"grand jury determined that there was no probable cause to bring charges against me."

The saying is that a ham sandwhich can be indicted... So if they failed to indict, that means the case was BS.

This has NO BEARING ON THE CASE.
Hi Levi, are you saying you think the defense will just ignore this? IMO, that is the only way it has bearing on the case.

If I were a juror at the trial, and If the defense made an issue of this, and the prosecution presented the same facts as we know now, I would hold that against the defense and probably count it as one of the hundreds of nails in the proverbial coffin. I would hope the defense would be savvy enough to consider this angle before bringing the matter to attention. Having said this, I agree with PGWodehouse that a judge wouldn't allow it anyway.

I am glad this came out early on and hopefully the jury will see it for what it is.....nothing. He had a skirmish in the past and charges were dropped. Moot point. Nothing to look at here folks.

someone's past does not = evidence

are you sure this can even be brought up at trial? It was expunged. I think even if he were the one on trial for murder, it would not be admissable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater