Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish_Eyes

Reaction score
In the 911 call, we hear Cindy threaten KC that she will file for custody of Caylee...we know she talked to a therapist who instructed her to do this...My question is, why didn't she??? I mean, after all this happened, after July 15, where we now know Caylee is missing... Especially once FCS got involved and KC was in jail...if she truly did believe Caylee was alive, why didn't she file for custody??

In the 911 call, we hear Cindy threaten KC that she will file for custody of Caylee...we know she talked to a therapist who instructed her to do this...My question is, why didn't she??? I mean, after all this happened, after July 15, where we now know Caylee is missing... Especially once FCS got involved and KC was in jail...if she truly did believe Caylee was alive, why didn't she file for custody??

I am NOT an attorney nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, BUT I do know someone in this situation. It is much harder than people realize to take a child away. In addition, Caylee would have likely been placed in Foster care until the court could arrange for CA to be her guardian. In smaller counties that can happen simultaneously with a removal, but in a county as large as Orange it would have been a while to even get CPS to investigate, find cause for removal, and the court to award custody. She could not have done this behind KC's back as KC would have been interviewed by CPS as part of the investigation. If crack moms can keep their parental rights then it goes without saying that lazy moms are a slam dunk.
IMO with some knowledge. Feel free to correct any statements that are untrue.

I know all about how hard it can be to extricate a child from an abusive parent, unfortunately, but my question was more pertaining to AFTER Caylee was missing and AFTER child services had already gotten involved...they had already found that Caylee was an endangered child, and even if she is innocent until proven guilty KC has been in jail for much of this time, so regardless she would be unavailable to care for Caylee...so if Cindy truly believed Caylee was alive, why didn't she pursue being appointed Caylee's legal guardian in case she was found alive?

Good question, I can't say exactly what I would do , but if I REALLY thought my daughter had let her child be missing for a month without reporting her, I think I would have started the process along. That would have been the last straw for me.

as sad as I am to say it....
In the 911 call she wanted Caylee....
She needed KC to tell her what happened...............

BUT................ then after LA got KC to talking...

I think CA "KNEW" No More Caylee ~~~ EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she
just went into a survival mode... and into DENIAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STILL IS..... It is just "BEYOND" what her brain can handle...
that her own flesh and blood daughter... Killed her own flesh and
Blood BABY DAUGHTER>>>CAYLEE MARIE = CA Own Flesh and Blood
GRAND DAUGHTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>> It is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
unreal for her to handle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!! To Sad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
to to to UN NECESSARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JMO
God Bless !
jjgram
*** Little Angel Caylee is Now with her Heavenly Father ! He Cares For her more that KC ever could! She has No more sadness !
some comfort to us !

They were a bit overwhelmed by life and possibly planned to do exactly that when she was found?

See, I get that, yet if it were me, I'd want all these things in place before she was found...

What if she had been found alive? Would she have had to remain with FCS until there could have been a hearing to determine temporary custody? Why not just file to have temporary custody transferred to you? If your daughter is in jail, and the child has lived with you her entire life, you're going to win that motion, right? Even up until 12-10, when they are insisting she is alive, I am suprised they don't do this if they truly believed she was alive...

Finding her would be my top priorty and then using this episode of child neglect to gain custody would have been my next step. Perhaps that is what CA was thinking.

This is the part that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Cindy saying how good of a mom she was and that she loved her child but yet Cindy was advised to "seek custody" of Caylee? And when she threatens it over the 911 call I know that is not the first time it was discussed with Casey. Cindy can NOT have it both ways- either Casey was or wasn't a good parent. All signs point to NOT a good parent for me.

Sorry to post twice in a row-

I also do not think she would have filed for custody even if they thought Caylee was alive because that would make Casey madder than a hornet and they needed her help to find an alive Caylee.

This is the part that DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! Cindy saying how good of a mom she was and that she loved her child but yet Cindy was advised to "seek custody" of Caylee? And when she threatens it over the 911 call I know that is not the first time it was discussed with Casey. Cindy can NOT have it both ways- either Casey was or wasn't a good parent. All signs point to NOT a good parent for me.

Exactly. What had Cindy told the counselor that led this professional to believe that Cindy stood a chance of gaining custody of Caylee? I have to believe that this professional must have been given evidence to make her realistically believe that KC was indeed an unfit mother or IMO she never would have advised Cindy to seek custody. Yet, Cindy somehow conveniently forgets that she, herself, recently came to the conclusion that KC was unfit as a mother and immediately proclaims her "Mother of the Year" material to anyone and everyone who is willing to listen.

ETA: Keeping on topic, IMO, Cindy never filed for custody then because she knew there was no reason to.

IDK... can you file for custody of a child that can't be found/seen ??....& custody battles can be a long process.....this became a 'media circus' very quick.

IMO, she KNEW Caylee was dead at the point she called 911. Why waste the money to file for custody of a dead child? Where would she get the money to do this?

Sorry to post twice in a row-

I also do not think she would have filed for custody even if they thought Caylee was alive because that would make Casey madder than a hornet and they needed her help to find an alive Caylee.

IF cindy really believed caylee was alive then a combination of the above, and the fact that she had more pressing matters to attend to which were overwhelming her are, i think, the answer.

in truth though (and i know you don't wanna here this) i believe cindy knew caylee was dead.

Cindy didnt want custody of Caylee - she wanted KC to take responsibility for her own child. Cindy needed relief from taking care of everyone, the burden gets heavy to shoulder .

Custody was a threat, as was the 911 call. Cndy never thought it would
go in the direction it did and I am positive she would have stayed mute
had she known in advance. She would have begun to lie to family and
friends about talking / seeing Caylee to preserve the healthy family mirage .

This spiraled out of control very quickly and caught all of them off guard
and totally unprepared to deal with the blantant in your face facts of her daughters behavior .

Cindy never acknowledged KC was not capable of being an adult in spite
of lots of evidence and incidents . Malignant hope that things will turn
around - work out well - always a very tough one to give up . The
reality is shocking traumatic and very difficult to accept.
No one wants to believe the monster they catch a brief glimpse of
is real .

In order to file for custody, it requires a child to be alive. I see this as a good reason for her not to file for anything.

I think in the days following Fathers Day, CA thought KC was punishing her (CA) for whatever happened at the house that night between KC and CA....I can see her thinking that. After that, I have no clue what the A's were thinking. They knew KC is a liar and manipulator. CA was evidently gathering evidence from her bank about KC stealing her blind. Why didn't they contact KC's friends?? JG? Just to check if KC and Caylee were ok and where were they staying??

I've never understood why the A's do what they do and say what they say...and, I never will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46