GA GA - Bridget Clodfelter, 27, Smyrna, 5 Sep 1992

AMP1979

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever heard of Bridget before.

She disappeared September 5, 1992 while walking from her apartment to meet her sister at a bar. She never made it. This happened in Smyrna, a close-in Atlanta suburb.

Never been found, and it sounds like no clues.

This is the first time I've heard Bridget's story. It sounds so sad. No one saw her walk to the bar. I'm wondering how large her apartment complex was. I don't know what day September 5th fell on in 1992, but if it was a weekend, I would think, people would be coming home from late a night. Some one should of seen her. I hope her family gets the answers their looking for.

I don't think I've ever heard of Bridget before.

She disappeared September 5, 1992 while walking from her apartment to meet her sister at a bar. She never made it. This happened in Smyrna, a close-in Atlanta suburb.

Never been found, and it sounds like no clues.

Boyfriend trouble or prone to hitchiking?

Bridget Pearl Clodfelter
Race: White
Weight: 110
Height: 5' 3"
Sex: Female
Hair Color: Bleached Blond
Eyes: Blue

Smyrna Police Department - 678-631-5146
Narrative:
Bridget Clodfelter was last seen at between 12:30am and 1:00am on Saturday, September 5, 1992. She had left her apartment on Lake Park Drive walking to the Buckboard, a local country dance bar about one mile away. She was to meet friends there but never arrived and has not been seen or heard from since that night. She was wearing white jeans, black top, black snake skin cowboy boots.

The route she is believed to have taken to the Buckboard would have been north on Lake Park Drive, then east on Windy Hill Road.

Anyone with information on Bridget CLodfelter is asked to contact the Smyrna Poice Department at 678-631-5146.

http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/case_detail/0,26...2477277,00.html

Sept 5, 1992 was a saturday, just looked it up. So technically if the report is correct when it says 12:30 -1 am on Sept 1992, then it was on what would have really been considered Friday night.

I clicked on this thread because the year, 1992, caught my attention. Here are some similarities (far fetched perhaps) to a case I follow closely.

The Date--Dale Dinwiddie disappeared at about 1:30 am on September 24,1992. She was leaving a bar in downtown 5 points Columbia and was walking to another bar (or posssibly home but that is doubtful).

The City Both of these occured in their respective state capitol cities

Time of disappearance both occured close to 1am

Physical and other similarities both are female caucasians, both are of small stature, both disappeared without a trace while supposedly walking at night

There may be more similarites, IDK.

Bump

This week marks 18 years that Bridget has been missing. Come home soon.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/3984/0/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: Available elsewhere

snipped case report from NamUs:
Circumstances Bridget Clodfelter was last seen at between 12:30am and 1:00am on Saturday, September 5, 1992. She had left her apartment on Lake Park Drive walking to the Buckboard, a local country dance bar about one mile away. She was to meet friends there but never arrived and has not been seen or heard from since that night.

Attachments

• slideshow_1228224_Bridget-Clodfelter.jpg
    slideshow_1228224_Bridget-Clodfelter.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 76
This is the first time I've heard Bridget's story. It sounds so sad. No one saw her walk to the bar. I'm wondering how large her apartment complex was. I don't know what day September 5th fell on in 1992, but if it was a weekend, I would think, people would be coming home from late a night. Some one should of seen her. I hope her family gets the answers their looking for.

She either lived in Post Village or one of the adjacent apartment communities. Post Village was a very large, relatively upscale (at the time) suburban garden complex. The adjacent communities are also spread out apartment communities. Here's a link to the renamed Post Village. It looks more or less the same, but Post Properties had better landscaping, and lots of guardhouses.

However, once she left the apartments, there's a large office complex between the apartments and Cobb Parkway. That would've been a rather desolate stretch late at night.

This area is where the new Braves Stadium is going. I mention this because although this is a built up, busy area there ARE still large stretches of undeveloped land pocketed around the area, and the Chattahoochee river is very close by.

I misread the article. She left her apartment and (apparently) walked toward Windy Hill, not Cobb Parkway. This struck me because that really would've been a lonely walk late at night, and she would have passed a not so great apartment complex. Maybe more interestingly, Windy Hill was being widened in the early nineties. I really hope she didn't end up under one of our extended lanes.

Bridget Clodfelter was last seen at between 12:30am and 1:00am on Saturday, September 5, 1992.
She had left her apartment on Lake Park Drive walking to the Buckboard, a local country dance bar about one mile away.
She was to meet friends there but never arrived and has not been seen or heard from since that night.
She was wearing white jeans, black top, black snake skin cowboy boots.

The route she is believed to have taken to the Buckboard would have been north on Lake Park Drive, then east on Windy Hill Road.

Where was Serial Killer Gary Hilton in 1992?
I think he was in GA - but at his timeline Websleuths thread, I cannot make out where he was -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...r-Updates&s= 10dcc7305cfbacaeef7a8156ac19c86e

But, just something to consider - At one time he lived 12 minutes away in Marietta... on the connecting road.

Missing GA.JPG

Following on from my previous post I came across the following comment on http://policemurdersusa.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/murdered-by-police-in-good-old-usa.html

crogersSeptember 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Let me enter this information; In September 1991 Chris Miller aka Chris Underwood was murdered by Cobb County Police officers David Dunkerton, Mike Archer and Glenn Turner. Miller had contracted gonorrhea and had infected certain members of the 4th precinct with the disease. In 1993 her remains were found 3/4 of a mile from where she was last seen meeting with these officers. In 1995 officer Turner was poisoned by his wife while his fellow officers helped cover up his murder. In December 1997 her brother David Ackerman went missing and has never been seen again. In 1992 Bridget Clodfelter went missing off of Windy Hill Road while walking to the Buckboard to meet her sister and friends. There are a lot of unidentified remains found throughout Cobb and Fulton Counties Georgia some are believed to be police related.

This gentleman seems to have been posting similar on local papers and other sites. I have included the comment here because it seems to summarise his view (some of his other posts ramble). I do not know what to make of this. If this man is stirring he seems very persistent. He also claims (in the link in my previous post) to be a material witness in the Miller case. Something seems wrong here

Following on from my previous post I came across the following comment on http://policemurdersusa.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/murdered-by-police-in-good-old-usa.html

crogersSeptember 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Let me enter this information; In September 1991 Chris Miller aka Chris Underwood was murdered by Cobb County Police officers David Dunkerton, Mike Archer and Glenn Turner. Miller had contracted gonorrhea and had infected certain members of the 4th precinct with the disease. In 1993 her remains were found 3/4 of a mile from where she was last seen meeting with these officers. In 1995 officer Turner was poisoned by his wife while his fellow officers helped cover up his murder. In December 1997 her brother David Ackerman went missing and has never been seen again. In 1992 Bridget Clodfelter went missing off of Windy Hill Road while walking to the Buckboard to meet her sister and friends. There are a lot of unidentified remains found throughout Cobb and Fulton Counties Georgia some are believed to be police related.

This gentleman seems to have been posting similar on local papers and other sites. I have included the comment here because it seems to summarise his view (some of his other posts ramble). I do not know what to make of this. If this man is stirring he seems very persistent. He also claims (in the link in my previous post) to be a material witness in the Miller case. Something seems wrong here

I just read it through - very interesting indeed.

Has Bridget ever been compared to this Jane doe found in Marietta?
http://doenetwork.org/cases/624ufga.html
They have the same height and weight estimates with age just a few years off.
Hair and eyes are unknown for the JD and she was found the year after Bridget was reported missing.
I agree with Mrs Tigglesworth on this match - stumbled across the unidentified remains on another site and decided to do some research and Bridget's missing description came up.

I’m new here. Bridget is my cousin. I’m thinking about trying to submit a request for someone like Payne Lindsey to do a podcast in hopes of cracking this case.

I am related to Bridget by marriage. I have been following all the online comments to try and help as best as possible.

I was searching for crimes in a particular community and her name came up. This is a stretch but does anyone know the exact apartment number that she lived the building number?

I’m new here. Bridget is my cousin. I’m thinking about trying to submit a request for someone like Payne Lindsey to do a podcast in hopes of cracking this case.
Do you know any more details about her disappearance? Did she have a boyfriend at the time? Who was in her circle of friends?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back