You don't change your phone number and plan

ziggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have moved a zillion times all over the country in the last 10 or 11 years and I've only changed my phone number once.

First, you have no roaming plans so when you move you just keep your old cell number. My sister moved to Florida years ago and still has her Seattle 206 area code cell phone.

Next, you no longer have to change your number when you change your plan. You have the option to keep it. The only way you change is if you need to change area codes.

I was listening to the LE initial interrogation of Casey and she says Zanie had several different plans (even names a few, which is surprising that she knows this much about a person she can't prove any contact with) but that she'd only lived in Orlando since Casey had known her.

It's unlikely that someone in the same area, who makes a living watching children and is self-employed, would change her number so many times. That's losing money. It's such a hassle to let everyone know your new number.

Sorry if there was already a thread for this; I did a search and didn't see one.

So - have you changed plans and kept your number?

Yes, I change mine when I moved from up north to Tampa. I had another reason though. I didn't want an exboyfriend to have my number anymore.

Another good question is why did her nanny keep moving? Her supposed nanny moved like a gypsy...children need stablity. Just another thought.

Since it seems "Zanny" is only a figment of Casey's imagination, it's no surprise she was making excuses to LE for not having her phone number. Most people wouldn't just rely on their SIM card memory to contact the person who is taking care of their child ~ they'd have the number written down and also give it to a family member in case of an emergency. MOO

I have changed plans and changed my number before it was ok to keep yours. Since that has gone through, I have switched plans and kept my number.

I also changed my number when I moved. I didnt have to but I wanted to.

My 4- 20 something's change their phone numbers all the time.

Oh, but remember KC said Zani "has money". She must have been a nanny for purely altruistic reasons.

You raise an excellent point. Not only does it cost money to jump plans but it is a huge pain to let everyone know your new number. I've moved to 3 different states in the past 3 years due to my work and still have my phone number from the first state and have moved to a new carrier.

My older sister has changed hers three times, my younger sister three times, my mom twice, and I've changed mine twice (if we are including a land line for me) all in the last six years. I don't see it as uncommon at all, even thought there were extenuating circumstances, such as moving to a different state. I can think in instances where this can be refuted by the defense.

However, I don't believe a word of it:) There was no ZG, im my opinion.

Since it seems "Zanny" is only a figment of Casey's imagination, it's no surprise she was making excuses to LE for not having her phone number. Most people wouldn't just rely on their SIM card memory to contact the person who is taking care of their child ~ they'd have the number written down and also give it to a family member in case of an emergency. MOO

Ahhh yes, I had that thought when I started this thread. It reminds me of how badly I criticize dudes for arguing who would win a fight - Superman or Batman :)

Now I'm contemplating why a figment of someone's imagination would change their phone number.:bang:

Think how LE must feel?

I have done both. I have changed plans, phones and carriers before. I changed my phone number only when I moved to a new state - because I didn't care to keep my old number and wanted one with the area code where I lived. Now I always ask for my old number to be carried over. It is much easier than having to notify everyone of your new phone number!

It is clear to me that this was all nonsense about the different nanny numbers. She was saying that because she couldn't produce a phone number for LE. She can't even prove she called ONE number for the nanny, much less 3 or more. Heck - she can't even prove there was a nanny at all! Why in the world would she know the phone carriers of her nanny? She knew the phone carriers by name but not the addresses where the nanny lived? Where she supposedly dropped Caylee off? Or the nanny's mother's name! She had to think about that one for a long time and then threw out she "thought" it was Gloria. Whatever Casey.

Ahhh yes, I had that thought when I started this thread. It reminds me of how badly I criticize dudes for arguing who would win a fight - Superman or Batman :)

Now I'm contemplating why a figment of someone's imagination would change their phone number.:bang:

Think how LE must feel?

To the part I bolded...

That it is very unlikely that Casey managed to have EVERY phone number she would ever need to call on the phone she carried with her...EXCEPT for her babysitters.

I don't think so.

i have done both. I have changed plans, phones and carriers before. I changed my phone number only when i moved to a new state - because i didn't care to keep my old number and wanted one with the area code where i lived. Now i always ask for my old number to be carried over. It is much easier than having to notify everyone of your new phone number!

It is clear to me that this was all nonsense about the different nanny numbers. She was saying that because she couldn't produce a phone number for le. She can't even prove she called one number for the nanny, much less 3 or more. Heck - she can't even prove there was a nanny at all! Why in the world would she know the phone carriers of her nanny? She knew the phone carriers by name but not the addresses where the nanny lived? Where she supposedly dropped caylee off? Or the nanny's mother's name! She had to think about that one for a long time and then threw out she "thought" it was gloria. Whatever casey.

exactly:)

How many people have a special phone just for their "babysitter"?

To the part I bolded...

That it is very unlikely that Casey managed to have EVERY phone number she would ever need to call on the phone she carried with her...EXCEPT for her babysitters.

I don't think so.

Even more to the point...there is no phone record of any calls to or from the nanny. No text messages or emails. Nobody has met, seen, heard or talked to the "nanny". Period. The nanny does not exist.

Edit to say> It doesn't matter how many phone numbers, phones or carriers the nanny had....there is no record that any phone calls were made. So those phones never called Casey, and Casey never called them.

Exactly. Casey was just winging it to avoid their question -- which there was no way for her to answer since there was no nanny/no phone/no phone calls. It was the only answer she could give, so even if no other person in the entire world ever changed their cell number, she still would have had to say that. Making sense doesn't factor into Casey's story. I mean, does it make sense that Casey couldn't point out one place her nanny had ever actually lived?

Exactly. Casey was just winging it to avoid their question -- which there was no way for her to answer since there was no nanny/no phone/no phone calls. It was the only answer she could give, so even if no other person in the entire world ever changed their cell number, she still would have had to say that. Making sense doesn't factor into Casey's story. I mean, does it make sense that Casey couldn't point out one place her nanny had ever actually lived?

Oh come on Steadfast....Casey gave you all that information....you are just MISCONSTRUING what she said. LOL. JK of course. :crazy:

Her lies are so ridiculous I don't know where LE get their patience, listening to her nonsense for 3 hours. All that about the phone wasn't even vaguely believable in anyway.

I think we've been arguing this point since the beginning and all pretty much agree - that who, and please a show of hands, know that a friend changes carriers and plans? Casey seemed to have known which friends (imaginary or ones that she hasn't talked to in years) have changed carriers and to what plans

If you move cross country or to another area code then yes you change your number - do you change your carrier? well maybe but if your moving to the next county than most likely not

EAch time I moved cross country I change my phone number - I've changed cell phone carriers twice - does anyone know this? my family? No, they don't care, they just want the phone number

So all this talk from Casey about Zanny, Jeff and whoever else and she knows what carriers, phones, etc. is baloney - it's all a part of more information so she looks like she knows what she's talking about

And the whole SIM card thing she was talking about? Ahhh baloney - OP is right - you have a sitter, you rely on your cell only? Nothing written down? I don't think so

The whole phone thing is stupid

Yes, it's incredibly STUPID.

The jury won't buy it.

Can't believe her parents do. They are the only ones (who aren't getting paid to).

Yes, it's incredibly STUPID.

The jury won't buy it.

Can't believe her parents do. They are the only ones (who aren't getting paid to).

What I can't believe is that the A's didn't know Zanny, never saw her, never talked to her, didn't have a phone number, no address nothing

Now with all thats said about the A's and how much they loved Caylee, I believe that but for TWO YEARS the line about Zanny and Cindy or George had nothing?

THAT is unbelieveable

I think we've been arguing this point since the beginning and all pretty much agree - that who, and please a show of hands, know that a friend changes carriers and plans? Casey seemed to have known which friends (imaginary or ones that she hasn't talked to in years) have changed carriers and to what plans

If you move cross country or to another area code then yes you change your number - do you change your carrier? well maybe but if your moving to the next county than most likely not

EAch time I moved cross country I change my phone number - I've changed cell phone carriers twice - does anyone know this? my family? No, they don't care, they just want the phone number

So all this talk from Casey about Zanny, Jeff and whoever else and she knows what carriers, phones, etc. is baloney - it's all a part of more information so she looks like she knows what she's talking about

And the whole SIM card thing she was talking about? Ahhh baloney - OP is right - you have a sitter, you rely on your cell only? Nothing written down? I don't think so

The whole phone thing is stupid

Oh trac...are you trying to say Casey was....sniff sniff...LYING? OMG. I guess next you will tell me there's no Santa....

LOL. :blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998