IL - Julieta Clinton for child endangerment, Huntley, 2008

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
HUNTLEY, Ill. (AP) -- An Illinois school bus driver has been found guilty of intentionally slamming on the brakes to throw misbehaving children from their seats.
A judge in Huntley, Ill., found Julieta Clinton guilty on Tuesday of reckless conduct and child endangerment as part of a plea deal in which Clinton did not admit guilt.
McHenry County prosecutors say Clinton was driving 54 youngsters to school last April when she became frustrated with their unruly behavior and braked hard twice.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BUS_DRIVER_CHARGED?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

:furious:

You know when I was in middle school my bus driver used to do the same thing. BTW, I was never a problem to the bus driver nor were any of the other kids. There wasn't enough room for everyone to sit so if you were left standing she would yell at you to sit down. If you couldn't then she would put on brakes to make you stumble. I told my mom and she called the school. The next day the driver stopped a few streets over from where she normally let me off the bus. She said she knew someone on that stop had reported her and she wanted to know who. She was a scarey woman and no one would speak up. I was never so glad when my mom started driving me to school.

I understand that there are some kids who ride the bus who misbehave but there has to be a better way then taking the chance of physically harming them or some of the innocent kids.

I guess you can't do that kind of thing but its sort of funny too. My driver did that. Or would slam the gas pedal down and throw everyone back into their seat like the space shuttle on take off.

I guess you can't do that kind of thing but its sort of funny too. My driver did that. Or would slam the gas pedal down and throw everyone back into their seat like the space shuttle on take off.

lol ours used to do that. There would be over 40 kids on a bus. Too many for one bus driver to control. The principal used to follow the bus and then the bus would stop and the principal gave people detention. After awhile he stopped following the bus, i guess he got tired of it..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back