MR 911 calls - Full Transcripts Released

DawnTCB

Taking Care of Business
Reaction score
So the MR 911 calls were released in their entirety today.

Here's a link

The interesting parts to me were:

1) During call #1 on August 11, MR does not give any contact information, not even his name, to the operator. (He does give a name and number in the 8-12-08 call). I think this is interesting because in the GMA interview he noted regarding the first call:
GMA: And what was the response?
RK: Well, I called that night about 9:30, 10 o'clock. And they said "OK." And then, nothing happened, no one called me back.

I have thought all along that it was odd that he would expect a call back in one day when his tip was so vague. Now to find out he did not leave a number makes me even more curious why he expected such a speedy turnaround. I helped take calls on a tip line for the DC Sniper case and I am somewhat familiar with how they are prioritized, but it would seem to me that most people would not expect a follow-up call in 24 hours. :waitasec: Clearly you could not really expect a return call at all if you didn't actually tell someone your name and number.:confused:

2) A fuller description of what he saw was reported in the 2nd call.

MR: I went down and there was, behind one of the trees was a gray, vinyl-like bag, like a pool cover or something like that and it looked rather suspicious. I didn't touch anything. And then a little bit further up you can can tell where someone ran across with a mower but the weeds were still real high in that area. There's a fallen tree that looks like someone had tried to cut on it at one point but there was a white board hanging across the tree and there was something round and white underneath of it.

I think this is interesting because the remains were not in a gray vinyl bag that looked like a pool cover, just your normal black trash bag. It does, however, explain the deputy's description of the bag as gray. :)

So what do you guys make of this? Anything at all?

Hmmm, wouldn't 911 have caller id? Maybe that's why RK thought they would be calling him back. At least I would have assumed that if I were him. Just a thought.

Hmmm, wouldn't 911 have caller id? Maybe that's why RK thought they would be calling him back. At least I would have assumed that if I were him. Just a thought.

Yes they probably do. :) However, he specifically said he called the non-emergency line, and he did not say for anyone to call him back.

I think even if he had asked for a call back, 24 hours would be too soon to expect that call. But to not ask for a call and not give a name and number, I can't imagine why they WOULD have called him back. :waitasec: He was apparently still in the "remain as anonymous as possible" phase.

LOL....sounded to me like RK definately "directionally challenged" (as my hubby is)

Also not everyone keeping up w/this case as even 'operators' did NOT know the name of the A's street.

One thing I find strange is that the operator does not know that the Anthony family live on Hopespring Drive. I mean, come on, this has been TOP news for at least a month at that point and the Anthony's residence was already well known by then. Talk about uninformed? It also seems that he would have noted the street names before calling, but otherwise, it sounds to me like a good citizen trying to do a good deed and wanting to do so anonomously at that. The "gray" bag could very well have been the cloth laundry bag. Having been submerged in swamp waters for quite some time, and perhaps having been also buried in the mud, a white bag would certainly take on a dirty gray look. Since BOTH bags had to have come open for her remains to have become as scattered as they were, it is possible there was some animal activity and that was how they came open and maybe one bag slipped from inside the other?

I am interested in looking at LP's theory that both the MR and the PI's were given an erroneous tip, the same erroneous tip.

Here's his statement:

"LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER, HELPED LOOK FOR CAYLEE ANTHONY:
But you`ve got to give me 45 seconds, Nancy. And then you can send me to time-out. The -- the pavers they`re talking about that the -- meter reader and the private detective were sent to, they were both tipped by the same source. And they`re 150 feet away from where the body was found.

That`s the whole confusion here. The cops should not be punished. He was taken 150 feet from where the body was found because the pavers they were keying in on are not the pavers where the body was found. Totally different. "

I don't believe every word out of his mouth but this one intrigues me. LP, when describing his "daisy chain" theory, often says "might have..." or "could have...." or "might be....", etc. This time he says "were both tipped by the same source". This is interesting, and becomes more interesting to me because the new extended version of MR's call says he sees a suspicious gray vinyl bag like a pool cover, and that does not appear to have been what the remains were in, near, or related to. Nowhere in the search warrant do they ask for the Anthony's pool cover... which I would be interested in seeing if it is gray vinyl, BTW.

Is it possible that MR did not find the remains (or was even close) in August, but called in the "tip" anyway, thinking the detectives would swarm the scene and find the remains? And then 24 hours later, when no swarming had begun, he called back to nudge them along? And then he gets a deputy out there who sees the gray bag, and per his report, says it was unrelated trash, which it was? Just a thought.

I have to go to work now (ugh) but my thought is that LA wanted those remains found, and soon. I suspect he figured out approximately where they were from KC's clues, or had KC draw him a map, etc. He (somehow) sent the MR to go find them and send an anonymous tip, but the MR did not find them, and his tip was basically ignored even though he tried very persistently (IMO a little too persistently) to get it noticed. Then the flood came. As soon as the waters receded, there were the PIs out by the pavers. Maybe sent by Lee? But still in the wrong spot. Then once KC sees the tape she says no, no, 150 feet down the block, and (somehow) MR gets the revised tip and calls it in.

I think this makes sense from what we are seeing, but I am willing to hear all views. :)

Just a few words about calling 911. These calls do not go to the police dept they go through cenral alarm and then they dispatch the call to what dept it is for, Such as police, fire, emt.

So the MR 911 calls were released in their entirety today.

Here's a link

The interesting parts to me were:

1) During call #1 on August 11, MR does not give any contact information, not even his name, to the operator. (He does give a name and number in the 8-12-08 call). I think this is interesting because in the GMA interview he noted regarding the first call:
GMA: And what was the response?
RK: Well, I called that night about 9:30, 10 o'clock. And they said "OK." And then, nothing happened, no one called me back.

I have thought all along that it was odd that he would expect a call back in one day when his tip was so vague. Now to find out he did not leave a number makes me even more curious why he expected such a speedy turnaround. I helped take calls on a tip line for the DC Sniper case and I am somewhat familiar with how they are prioritized, but it would seem to me that most people would not expect a follow-up call in 24 hours. :waitasec: Clearly you could not really expect a return call at all if you didn't actually tell someone your name and number.:confused:

2) A fuller description of what he saw was reported in the 2nd call.

MR: I went down and there was, behind one of the trees was a gray, vinyl-like bag, like a pool cover or something like that and it looked rather suspicious. I didn't touch anything. And then a little bit further up you can can tell where someone ran across with a mower but the weeds were still real high in that area. There's a fallen tree that looks like someone had tried to cut on it at one point but there was a white board hanging across the tree and there was something round and white underneath of it.

I think this is interesting because the remains were not in a gray vinyl bag that looked like a pool cover, just your normal black trash bag. It does, however, explain the deputy's description of the bag as gray. :)

Sounds like there was a lot of garbage in the area. When he describes the "gray, vinyl-like bag" he could be describing debris as a landmark marker that is not necessarily related to the bag in which he found Caylee. Couldn't that explain the discrepancies regarding the colours of the bags?

One more thing, on the second call MR says:

MR: I called this in yesterday and I don't know if this is what ya'll looked at today or not, but...

Do you think he saw them there looking at something? And again, when the swarm of detectives did not arrive he called again?

Just a few words about calling 911. These calls do not go to the police dept they go through cenral alarm and then they dispatch the call to what dept it is for, Such as police, fire, emt.

That is not entirely accurate. I was a dispatcher for 6 years and depending on whether the police department is a PSAP (public safety answering point) or a PSDP (public safety dispatching point) depends on whether the calls go directly to the police department or a county (central) dispatch.

Our department was a PSDP that dispatched fire, first aid, and police. There were no separate departments. Our 911 calls would first go to county dispatch and were then transferred in to our police department. One of the neighboring towns, however, was a PSAP and their 911 calls would go directly into their police station.

His telephone number would have automatically appeared in their system, possibly his name as well. He called the non-emergency number first and may also have given them them his name before he was transferred to 911-if that's how that went down. Maybe he thought he gave them his name and just didn't. If the bag had been rained on it may very well have taken on a vinyl looking grey cast. The reason I say this is that I have 40 plastic garbage bags filled with leaves on my second driveway for the past few weeks and they have been rained on. They are all now covered with dirt from the rain and drippings from the trees and leaves and if I look at them from my driveway they look grey and unusual--I wouldn't say vinyl but they no longer look like shiny black plastic bags.

Sorry, but who, what is MR?

MR stands for meter reader.

I think he wasn't in the same location in August as he was in December.

LP and I disagree on this. I do think the PI's were tipped off, I do NOT think the MR was.

JMHO!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned - this cannot be ALL of the communication between the MR and LE. In the 3rd call, he says something along the lines that he said he would let them know when he was at the scene - since that wasn't discussed in either of the first calls, then either he called them a 4th time, or they called him back after the 2nd call....

In the 3rd call, he says something along the lines that he said he would let them know when he was at the scene...

Kronk was already at the scene when he placed the call on Aug 13.

Attachments

• Kronk aug 13.jpg
    Kronk aug 13.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 188
One thing I haven't seen mentioned - this cannot be ALL of the communication between the MR and LE. In the 3rd call, he says something along the lines that he said he would let them know when he was at the scene - since that wasn't discussed in either of the first calls, then either he called them a 4th time, or they called him back after the 2nd call....

Right. I believe we have not heard his call to "Crimeline". The operator in call 2 tells him to call Crimeline, and in his interview he says he did.

We don't have that tape. It should be interesting.

ETA: I think he has a missing 3rd call, and the one we call the 3rd call is really the 4th call. The 3rd call was to Crimeline and he set up a plan for them to meet him the following day at the scene. Then the August 13 call was the 4th call. JB did not include a call to Crimeline in the motion to compel, which is probaby why it's not here.

This appears to be a call center summary of Kronk's Aug 12 call to Crimeline.

Attachments

• Kronk to Crimeline.jpg
    Kronk to Crimeline.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 175

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members