Hollywood P. I.

Here's a bio I found about him:

Published on: 12/29/2007 Last Visited: 1/15/2008
And the owner appears to be "Hollywood PI" Lawrence Olmstead, who was quoted in the following racketeering report:
Olmstead acknowledged that he often bought phone numbers and addresses from Touch Tone on behalf of news media clients, whom he would identify only as some tabloids and mainstream media.

"A lot of guys make promises, but James really delivered," said Olmstead, who said everything he bought was used in legitimate news media inquiries.
Brown and Maroney of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said in an interview that Touch Tone records showed that Olmstead bought American Express records and phone records for Ennis Cosby, the son of the actor Bill Cosby, after the younger Cosby had been killed along a Los Angeles freeway in January 1997.
Olmstead denied acquiring information about Cosby.
Olmstead confirmed buying the Columbine information, but he said it had been for legitimate news purposes."Reporters wanted to speak with these families or send them requests for interviews," he said.
As for Lawrence Olmstead, his previous website showed the following bio:

Lawrence Olmstead is Hollywood P.I..Larry has worked in the investigative industry for eighteen years and has been exposed to many unique and challenging situations.

Olmstead has been a professional bodyguard, auto recovery agent, bounty hunter, and even a bar room bouncer at one time.Having gained experience in the above fields, Mr. Olmstead knows how to get the job done when all else has failed.

Larry is the Founder of The World Investigative Network and Detectives Against Deadbeats, Inc..He is also a former columnist of the trade publication called the "Professional Investigator".Currently, Mr. Olmstead administrates an online networking forum called "PI2000" in which investigators worldwide can share ideas and assist each other.

Since 1994 Hollywood P.I. has been a world leader in gathering critical information for media outlets.Having the honor to be requested by television shows, newspapers and tabloids in the United States and England have enabled Hollywood P.I. to earn a reputation as someone who gets solid results time after time.

Larry has appeared on television shows and done radio interviews on a weekly basis.He was also cast as the private investigator on USA Networks pilot presentation of a show called "Justice Hunters" hosted by "Boy's Don't Cry" author Aphrodite Jones."Justice Hunters" was a reality based show that was created to solve current crimes.During the show, Olmstead was able to track down a two time convicted bank robber who convinced a sixteen year old girl to move out of state and become his live in girlfriend.Working with local law enforcement and the FBI, Olmstead was able to locate the girl and coordinate her safe return to her family.

Whether you represent a media organization, corporate entity, law office, government facility, retail business or private person, Hollywood P.I. has services tailored to meet your needs.

Specializing in locating people is Olmstead's specialty and is a Court Qualified Missing Persons Expert.This means he has proven experience that has been evaluated and approved by the courts for purposes of expert testimony.If you need to find someone, there is no one better.Olmstead has been regarded as one of the world's only missing persons experts.There are many who call themselves experts, but do not have the credentials required for making the claim.

If you really need to know the truth, find that one piece of information that will make the difference, or find someone, Hollywood P.I. is the only place to turn to_Olmstead does not accept every assignment, but if you have a case for him to consider, feel free to email the information and details for your free, no obligation email consultation. I guess he might be now out-of-business?
http://www.zoominfo.com/people/Olmstead_Lawrence_51389114.aspx

Interesting.

Check out this site for more information about Mr Olmstead that was posted on a PI forum.

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29133

Has anyone here ever had dealings with the Int'l Private Investigators Union? I've never heard of that organization.

ETA Looks like some of the info on this site is the same as you've posted here.

Just what this case needs - another Say what? player. It's like open season on the weird.

"The heart shaped sticker is certainly a symbol of love, but who would have loved a child so much they allowed or caused their death? “Only someone who loves themself,” said Olmstead.”

Huh?

Another whackadoo that has come out of the woodwork. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he is some how connected with Mr. TB from JB's office.This is getting weirder every day. What next?????

I've never heard of him before....but from what I read in that link, he thinks the heart sticker was placed on Caylee's mouth 1st THEN the duct tape placed over the heart sticker.

"a heart shaped sticker was placed over her mouth, followed up with a piece of duct tape for good measure"

He sounds like another spinner trying to throw the crime to anyone else's corner other than KC's.

Hollywood P.I.: “Two people know what happened to Caylee Anthony, one is in jail and the other is watching it all unfold”!

Veteran Private Investigator, Lawrence Olmstead of Hollywood Private Investigations reveals information that provides a new angle on this case. “Don't let this be another story that ends the way many high profile cases involving children have in the past. This case can be solved; and will if people close to Casey Anthony and Roy Kronk come forward now and tell authorities what they know about the two.”
Los Angeles 1/21/2009 08:09 PM GMT (TransWorldNews)

“Casey Anthony 's guilty, she's guilty of leaving her child in the hands of strangers and that's why Caylee's dead”, stated Private Investigator Lawrence Olmstead, of Hollywood Private Investigations from his Los Angeles office Tuesday morning. Olmstead's come up with new theories regarding the Caylee Anthony case.

“I've examined countless hours of video, audio and text regarding Caylee's disappearance, search and recovery, and have never seen a case where the obvious is being so overlooked”, said Olmstead. “It's like watching a poorly written movie where you can guess who the bad guys are and who did it in the first ten minutes”, said Olmstead.

“You have this young mother, Casey Anthony, 22 years old with out the father of the baby around and living with her parents. She was troubled, and didn't like living under her parents control, and was burdened by having a child she never wanted to keep along with being cold, detached and self absorbed. Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, called 911 on June 30th to have Casey arrested for grand theft auto and stealing money from her. It was then, while waiting for police to arrive, that Casey told her mother Caylee had been missing for 31 days. Forensic investigators reported that traces of chloroform were discovered in the trunk of Casey's car along with what some described as the smell of decomposing flesh. Cadaver dogs were brought in and further confirmed the scent. Soon thereafter, information surfaced indicating Casey had been surfing missing children websites and reading up on-line about chloroform, giving her intimate knowledge of the uses of the toxic chemical and its side effects up to three months before Caylee's disappearance, sources say.

Bounty Hunter, Leonard Padilla, who posted Casey's $500,000 bail and got her out of jail, had the opportunity to review her case and told the media that he believed Casey's story “didn't make any sense,” and further stated that “Casey's story regarding 'Nanny' Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez taking Caylee was false.” Gonzalez has reported she never has met Casey Anthony.

The one person at the center of the case that's the glue to the whole crime is “Meter Reader” Roy Kronk. Kronk, who admitted being arrested in the past for kidnapping, also has an arrest record in Key West Florida for check fraud a Hollywood P.I. Investigation uncovered. “No one is saying because he has had some legal issues in the past, he killed anyone, said Olmstead,. but I think authorities have ruled him out way too soon.” Roy Kronk is an Orange County “Meter Reader” who contacted law enforcement on three occasions to let them know he'd found something in a swampy wooded area near the Anthony's home, where Caylee lived with her mother and grandparents. In his 911calls, Kronk did everything but admit to placing the body there, and has been cleared as a suspect by law enforcement for now. “He knows more than he is sharing and is loving the attention”, said Olmstead.

We have placed a detailed response regarding Kronk's 911 calls and his Good Morning America interview at http://www.hollywoodpi.info/cayleeanthony.html .

Time has run out for little Caylee and I believe Casey Anthony along with Roy Kronk have the answer everyone's looking for.
http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=73801&cat=14

Below is one of his statements and it contains a very twisted perspective.

“Unknowingly, the trusting child was drugged before she went to bed and fell asleep safe and sound. Once the victim was fast asleep and possibly deceased, a heart shaped sticker was placed over her mouth, followed up with a piece of duct tape for good measure just in case the victim woke up while being transported to an area for placement/disposal. In this scenario, someone very close to the victim could be the suspect, someone who loved the child, or cared for her greatly.”

So from what I gather the person that places a heart shaped sticker and then duct tape over their child’s mouth while transporting to an area of disposal, or placement (kind term for alligator infested area), is likely to be someone who loved the child, or cared for her greatly.

Yep, makes sense to me. Hope he isn't giving parenting classes.

"The heart shaped sticker is certainly a symbol of love, but who would have loved a child so much they allowed or caused their death? “Only someone who loves themself,” said Olmstead.”

Huh?

Another whackadoo that has come out of the woodwork. :rolleyes:

This is ludicrous because Baez has boxed himself into a corner with Zenaida Gonzalez as reasonable doubt. Now, Hoover did throw a wrench in the project by allowing the uncovering of the PR connected house in the neighborhood owned by a Gonzalez; but what this tells me is that he is wasting time taking it to trial if indeed they know she is guilty and they are creating the sentencing phase argument. This is what this is. If he thought a ZG did it, by golly, screaming that a heart symbol sticker is an expression of love helps the case none. Not from a non-guilty guilty verdict. It might help sentencing only.

Why go to trial? No idea, unless, of course, the trial creates and generates more revenue to the story at the conclusion.

Not directed just at this particular post but cumulative posting information. I don't think Baez wants to do this now, unless he knows he will lose anyway and he wants to play martyr with a victory in sentencing.

Casey's mother, Cindy Anthony, called 911 on June 30th to have Casey arrested for grand theft auto and stealing money from her

Someone needs to get him up to speed on this case

Seems like this guy was in the news 6 months or so ago in CA. Let's see if I can say this and stay out of trouble :) IIRC, there were some Los Angeles Celebs that were having a problem and it got some media attention. It seems this guy was involved. I'll try a news google and see what I get.

Salem

Seems like this guy was in the news 6 months or so ago in CA. Let's see if I can say this and stay out of trouble :) IIRC, there were some Los Angeles Celebs that were having a problem and it got some media attention. It seems this guy was involved. I'll try a news google and see what I get.

Salem

He talks out both sides of his butt..It's embarrassing really..lol

Ok, so how many other weirdos are out there, waiting to throw their crap in the mix? When I read the article, the thought occurred to me that it sounded like an outline -- just hitting the high points, you know -- for, oh, a novel; made-for-tv movie; mini-series (lol). Maybe he's the reason LE is investigating Baez? I'm just rambling, but geez, enough's enough, ain't it??

Ok, so how many other weirdos are out there, waiting to throw their crap in the mix? When I read the article, the thought occurred to me that it sounded like an outline -- just hitting the high points, you know -- for, oh, a novel; made-for-tv movie; mini-series (lol). Maybe he's the reason LE is investigating Baez? I'm just rambling, but geez, enough's enough, ain't it??

I know what you all mean! The only reason it was bugging me is that he has those tip lines. That is just hinky.

This guy's spelling and grammar is as bad as Todd B's.

It still amazes me where they find these guys who all need remedial english classes and serious retraining in professionalism.

So this is yet another one jumping out to jump on the bandwagon. He can be googled & linked to the John-Benet case (re:phone records & much more).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back