George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Continue here and would someone please post the latest link and a quick synopsis for newcomers?

Link to thread#1

Borrowed from Angel who cares:

UPDATED: George Anthony Threatens Suicide, Disappears
Friday, January 23, 2009 – updated: 6:16 am EST January 23, 2009

<snipped>
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- George Anthony, father of Casey Anthony, was reported missing, Friday morning after threatening suicide. He was later found at a Daytona Beach motel.

The Anthonys' attorney, Brad Conway, said George was OK. He was taken into custody under Florida's Baker Act which allows the state to hold people involuntarily pending a psychiatric evaluation.

The lead investigator in the case and several Orange County sheriff's deputies responded to the house of George and Cindy Anthony late Thursday night. His family had grown increasingly concerned when George missed a scheduled meeting Thursday afternoon.

"He had text-messaged family members that he wanted to end his life," said Chitwood.

RAW VIDEO: George Leaving Hotel
http://www.wftv.com/video/18546141/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/1...ews&dm=ss&tn=b

WATCH: Attorney Interview: VIDEO
http://www.wftv.com/video/18546097/index.html

INTERVIEW: Police Chief Describes Finding George: VIDEO
http://www.wftv.com/video/18546286/index.html

Daytona Beach at the Hawaii Motel Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=17&iwloc=addr

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18545717/detail.html

This is so sad. George is another victim of Casey. I'm glad he was found before he could carry out his plans.

This is so sad. George is another victim of Casey. I'm glad he was found before he could carry out his plans.

Yes, this is so sad. I'm not saying George staged this but judging by the comments on lots of forums people are really feeling George's pain. Rightly so, but....

Isn't there a chance if people (jury) feel sorry enough they won't want to deliver an insurmountable blow to the poor guy by sending his daughter away for life?

Is there a possiblity after a mental examination it could be said he isn't mentally fit to take the witness stand at Casey's trial?

I don't know...just spinning out the possibilities.

I just logged on and completed the first thread. Wow, my prayers are with George and I hope he will get the help he needs. Many TY's to Friday for all the much appreciated updates.

My heart breaks for George. It is 11:12AM on the East Coast and I expected Casey to call JB and tell him she wants to end this pain she has caused her dad and she wants to tell the truth confess and put an end to their suffering.

I guess not.

To George, Cindy and Lee - I am so sorry this happened to you and your family and to Caylee. I can't imagine what life is like without her.

Casey needs to confess.

in the video with the police chief he said they had used cell phone pings, which is why it took a minute to find him, because they're not completely accurate - they do not "pin point" someone exactly.

I've prayed for the entire family. Maybe you should go back and read some threads. I'm not trying to stir anything just pointing out the quick turn around.

I don't know if continuing this from the first thread will create problems and if it does I apologize.

I think the turn around simply points to people having empathy for George's current situation. In fact, a lot of posters here have been nothing but sympathetic to the A's, despite the A's often seen unwillingness to cooperate to the fullest extent possible.

I also feel people here are not so cold to believe George deserves to be in this turmoil. No human being with a true blue beating heart wants to see anyone in this type of situation. Despite posters distaste for any of the myriad of upsetting information out there, George is a human being and deserves empathy, sympathy and prayers.

A good person can see past their own beliefs and suspicions and move on to say they wish someone better health and healing.

The weight of the truth is literally killing George inside. I think he wants to do right but has outside influences that wont let him. For his well being, I hope he lets everything out.

Here we go again...."Casey! What have you done???!!!!!!"

She's going to be pissed that suddenly the attention and focus isn't ON HER. Wonder what she'll do from the klink to get that back????

I'm sick about what Casey has done to this family, but I am also still so sick about what the family is doing to CAYLEE. I anticipated this, but was unsure if it would have been GA or CA.....
I'd bet my last dollar that CA is going to give GA a talking to about keeping up the lie WHATEVER THE COST.

I DO feel really sorry for George... :(
I think the two women in his life need to think about all this and change their attitudes.They need to back off and let him grieve.

I don't know if continuing this from the first thread will create problems and if it does I apologize.

I think the turn around simply points to people having empathy for George's current situation. In fact, a lot of posters here have been nothing but sympathetic to the A's, despite the A's often seen unwillingness to cooperate to the fullest extent possible.

I also feel people here are not so cold to believe George deserves to be in this turmoil. No human being with a true blue beating heart wants to see anyone in this type of situation. Despite posters distaste for any of the myriad of upsetting information out there, George is a human being and deserves empathy, sympathy and prayers.

A good person can see past their own beliefs and suspicions and move on to say they wish someone better health and healing.

Exactly - so well said.

I hope for George's sake that this will lead him to the help and support he needs. I also hope that this will inspire Cindy, Lee, and others to seek out psychological help before they suffer any further.

The weight of the truth is literally killing George inside. I think he wants to do right but has outside influences that wont let him. For his well being, I hope the truth will set him free.

I have always had sympathy for the Anthonys, and I am not very surprised at this at all, although I would have thought Cindy would be the one to break first. My heart goes out to him, and to Cindy and Lee... it has to be terrible for them to know he wanted to end his life.
I've seen some wondering how Casey will react to this news. Who cares? Maybe it will shock her enough that she will finally admit to what she's done and end this nightmare once and for all. I believe the trial will be so hard on them, they've already endured so much.

Good people or bad people....we all have opinions..If GA is in anyway involved or has covered up information or hidden information or lied...then his guilty..then I can understand him wanting to leave this earth, besides the fact that he lost his grand daughter in a most horrific way. Come on people his life will never be the same he is going to be in a living hell during the trial..he has a long road ahead of him and not a very good support system around him...what a mess..this story doesn't surprise me...If they would have done things the right way..meaning accepted the fact that KC killed Caylee and been truthful and grieved instead of all this false hope...when the writing was on the wall...But to keep up with the lies and the spins must really take a toll on someone..

Well stated. TY. I can't add a thing to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member