Casey must attend future hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imajica

Defender of Lost Angels and Sporks
Reaction score
Judge Stan Strickland has ordered Casey Anthony to attend all important future court proceedings. I would like to think that someone in the States Attorney's office finally heard us squawking about the danger of allowing her to waive her right to attend future hearings. Doing so could cause major issues later if Casey wanted to claim that she didn't get a fair shake because she wasn't present at all critical junctures of the case. Even if she was the one who waived her right to attend.

I am glad to see that Judge Strickland is mindful of the needs not to allow Casey and the Dream Team any future legal loopholes to vault through on appeal.

She may only waiver her right to attend "Trial status hearings and minor scheduling issues."

Here is the actual order from Judge Strickland:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18550635/detail.html

Here is the article on the order from WFTV:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18551487/detail.html#-

Boy oh boy oh BOY I bet Casey is going to be decidedly un-thrilled about this turn of events. :):behindbar:chicken:

I don't think she will be able to manage her chirpy visage day in and day out if forced to attend. It will be intriguing to see how she handles not being able to hide until trial starts.

It is good that the judge made this decision. Now we get to see how she acts in front of the camera and poor georte and cindy will get to see the real casey

She shouldn't be spared of all the details leading up to her trial. She should also see first-hand what the state and judge have to say and not just hear what Baez wants her to hear.

Thank you Imajica!! I'm so tired of KC being treated like the super star she wants to be. Finally some justice.

Thank you Imajica!! I'm so tired of KC being treated like the super star she wants to be. Finally some justice.

Bolded by me

Yep a little reality will be a good thing for Casey. And if she is hassled going to and from court, that's a good thing, too. The time to shelter Casey has ended. :):)

Clank, clank goes the chain...priceless.

After watching the new video they released of her and her parents last night, the one where she was so angry, Im thrilled she has to go but she should have been going all along. But we all know this because of possible repurcussions down the road.

IMO, in her mind this isnt happening, it's really not happening, is what she keeps telling herself in her cell because she has never had to be accountable for any misdeeds she has ever done. Being the sociopath she is, she thinks she is entitled to go when and if SHE wants to go. This is all part of being a sociopath.

She wants so badly for people to think she is a "victim" which is just a load of chit if you ask me but typical of her. Victims should be able to do what they want when they want to, in KC's mind that is.

Sadly, she wont go into court looking forward to possibly seeing her parents or some friend there for support as most do. She will be worrying how she looks, her hair, makeup, or lack of, the inmate jumpsuit, and most humiliating of all, the SHACKLES.

Sorry but I look forward to seeing her in there every single time because she doesnt WANT to be.

imo
sharon

After watching the new video they released of her and her parents last night, the one where she was so angry, Im thrilled she has to go but she should have been going all along.

*underlined by moi*

Today was my oldest 10th birthday so I must have missed the new video release. Do you have a link to it? I haven't seen anything new since the doc dump. :waitasec:

*edit*
Or is this the jail visit from August or so that was released a week or more ago? If so then yes, I've seen that nauseating piece of film several times already.

YEAH :clap: :clap: :clap:
I guess she isn't the "boss" of that court room.

Thank God the judge refuses to let Casey control when she wants to be in the courtroom. From the sounds of it she realizes that she has lost control of her life and she isn't liking it at all.

I really couldn't make sense of what George was trying to tell her in that video about everyone working for her...law enforcement works for her?? I doubt that they see it that way. She hates it that her power has been taken away and the only one she seems to have any power over is that goofy attorney of hers. I wonder if he still has a wife waiting at home? If so, what does she think of his relationship with Casey. I wonder if he spends the same amount of time with his other clients? The guy is in way over his head and he doesn't even know it.

I wonder if she really believes that she is going to walk out of that courtroom a free person? She has to know that she didn't fool the FBI or LE one little bit with all of her lies.

Judge Stan Strickland has ordered

Hmmmm......KC's not 'the boss' anymore ??..... so sad. ;o)

:clap: Stan is definitely The Man. He's way ahead of Mr. Baez and any future tricks.

She shouldn't be spared of all the details leading up to her trial. She should also see first-hand what the state and judge have to say and not just hear what Baez wants her to hear.

ITA. I'm very thankful that Judge Strickland ordered this. The State needs to make sure that any issues which could lead to an appeal are dealt with in these early stages.

Good. It's not like there's something super important going on back in her "room" as she calls it.

ITA. She shouldn't be spared. She shouldn't be allowed to hide out in her cell and feel like she is calling the shots. Not to mention the fact, who the heck knows what JB is telling her? She needs to see that the outrage against her isn't dying down. I think in her warped mind, she thinks "out of sight, out of mind" like if no one sees her we will forget about her like she forgot about Caylee.

I like that she gets to see her own attorney "in action" and not just a summary from him of what happened in court! So she will be able to view his abilities for herself, so to speak... :)

Just wanted to add that I think Judge Strickland has made some excellent, well-considered rulings in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627