Eulogy-Memorial Service 1/24/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

believe09

Reaction score
This was sent by Tawni's cousin who spoke at the service:

“A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam
And for a brief moment it’s glory and beauty belong to our world.

But then it flies again.
And though we wish it could have stayed,
We feel lucky to have seen it.”

Anyone who knew Tawni was lucky to have had her in their life. She was incredibly beautiful, both inside and out. From her big blue puppy dog eyes to her gorgeous long blonde hair. When she walked in the room, everyone noticed. She had the most contagious laugh. We laughed a lot together, Tawni and I. Most of the time she was laughing at me and not with me, but that’s ok. When Tawni smiled the whole world smiled back. When she was angry or upset, however, watch out! The whole world knew it.

Having two teenage girls sharing a room was not always easy. We had our share of arguments, and boy was she stubborn! But no matter what we argued about we could never stay mad at each other. Within five minutes we would both just look at each other and crack up laughing.

She was feisty and free spirited, like a wild horse that could never be tame. When Tawni wanted something, nothing could stand in her way. She always found a way to get what she wanted. And she could talk her way out of anything.

She loved food and man could she eat! Whether it was Ellios pizza with ranch dressing or going to the Chinese buffet, this girl could eat! To say she was boy crazy is an understatement. Of course it didn’t help that every boy was crazy about her!

The simplest things made her happy. I remember when my parents got her a new bed and comforter set. It was the same one that I had. She thought that was the best thing in the world. In fact, we couldn’t get her out of it. That girl could sleep for days.

We all had our share of ups and downs with Tawni. But through it all she had such a deep unconditional love for all of her family and friends. She was as loyal as they come and always tried to see the good in people. She always stood by me. Whether I was right or wrong, she was right there backing me up. She wasn’t afraid to stick up for herself or anyone else she cared about.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said “To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded”

I believe Tawni did all of those things. I will always remember her in her happiest of days, smiling and carefree, and will cherish the time we had together. She was not only my cousin, she was my best friend. And I miss her. The good times, the hard times, and everything in between. I miss it all.
I love you Tawni."

Absolutely Beautiful!
She sounds like such a wonderful girl and she really is a true angel.
Thank you for posting that Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member