John already irritating Michigan citizens

Barbara

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is quite an interesting and intelligent commentary. I highligted the quotes that I thought were most interesting, but for context purposes, the whole article should be read.

http://www.heraldtimes.com/articles/2004/05/24/news/opinion/opinion02.txt

Candidate Ramsey
By Jim Grisso

...Lights, camera, action - John Ramsey announces his candidacy for the 105th District in the Michigan House of Representatives. That's our district, which is made up mostly of trees. ..

...Ramsey's opponents were lucky if their announcements made the front page of their hometown newspaper. (By the way, we published every state House candidate's announcement on our front page.) ...

.....But he says he's been given a "platform" (to run for office). The platform is his daughter's death and ensuing investigation, which has not been closed. He wants to use that platform for the "good" (of the people).

...I would prefer his platform be based on what he can do in Lansing for the counties of Otsego, Antrim, Charlevoix and Cheboygan, in particular, and the state of Michigan in general. The mere fact he has suddenly become a permanent resident of Charlevoix, or that he has an unusual "platform," does not qualify him for public office.

He obviously is running on the coattails of his notoriety, or, as some call it, celebrity status. However, his announced "platform" does nothing for us living up here among the trees.

...Voters in the 105th had better step back and take a deep breath. We have five other Republicans and two Democrats seeking the office, some of whom possibly have more knowledge about the district than Ramsey.....

...The Ramseys' experience in Michigan has been primarily limited to living the good life as summertime resorters overlooking the yacht basin in Charlevoix. He says he will focus on jobs, but what does John Ramsey really know about working people in our area? What qualifies him to make important decisions for northern Michigan, not to mention the entire state?

All voters in the district should probe deeply into this man's background and qualifications - and political agenda. Of course, the same holds true for all candidates.

...Interestingly, conservative Republican incumbent Ken Bradstreet of Gaylord, who, unfortunately, can't seek re-election because of term limits, said he would publicly support a conservative Democrat in the general election if Ramsey won the primary. He said he's thoroughly researched the JonBenet case and is not comfortable with Ramsey's candidacy.

...Ramsey may have gotten off on the wrong political foot in Otsego County when he became a no-show for the North Central Michigan Homebuilders Association candidate forum in Gaylord Tuesday evening. He was the only candidate not represented.

Already off on the wrong foot!

...I understand he has an impressive array of politicos and public relations people working for him, but somewhere along the line he will have to come out from behind the TV cameras and talk to us common folks.

Hmmmm.... Is this the equivelent of OJ being found guilty in civil court after the circus of a trial set him loose? Just because you seem to have gotten away with your deeds in one place doesn't mean they won't catch up with you!! John is a fool.

I've wondered if the R's really even thought they had a chance... is this all a charade to get us thinking 'he would never run for office IF he had anything to hide'... Oh look, green pigs just flew past my window!

Sorry can't help it LOL:

Quote:
...The Ramseys' experience in Michigan has been primarily limited to living the good life as summertime resorters overlooking the yacht basin in Charlevoix. He says he will focus on jobs, but what does John Ramsey really know about working people in our area? What qualifies him to make important decisions for northern Michigan, not to mention the entire state?

Ned: Not to mention what qualifies him to focus on jobs? Wasn't he unemployed for years after the murder of his daughter?

All voters in the district should probe deeply into this man's background and qualifications - and political agenda. Of course, the same holds true for all candidates.

Ned: yeah LOL deeply into his background. I think Websleuths has pretty well reviewed that over the years. Hmmmm would I want John Ramsey making decisions in my state? LOL.

Quote:
...Interestingly, conservative Republican incumbent Ken Bradstreet of Gaylord, who, unfortunately, can't seek re-election because of term limits, said he would publicly support a conservative Democrat in the general election if Ramsey won the primary. He said he's thoroughly researched the JonBenet case and is not comfortable with Ramsey's candidacy.

Ned: How in the hell do the Ramsey's think they are going to win anyone over in this world?

Quote:
...Ramsey may have gotten off on the wrong political foot in Otsego County when he became a no-show for the North Central Michigan Homebuilders Association candidate forum in Gaylord Tuesday evening. He was the only candidate not represented.

Ned: LOL kind of like his No-shows to speak with the BPD concerning his daughters murder.

Already off on the wrong foot!

Quote:
...I understand he has an impressive array of politicos and public relations people working for him, but somewhere along the line he will have to come out from behind the TV cameras and talk to us common folks

Ned: And their first question should be, "Why should the folks of Michigan vote for a man who evades the investigation into the murder of his own daughter, and sets up a FAKE foundation in her name that never ever helped one single child?"

wait I know, I know, he will give his first speech when he makes certain he has had a chance to read the questions asked of him ahead of time.

What a hoot.

Never mind Tricia...Ned started the thread.

I loved the part where John has to raise 200,000 dollars to win the primary and the one guy won both the primary and election on 15,000.

Who do you want spending your tax dollars in Michigan?

On LKL we learned all about Patsy's cancer...but nary a word on exactly HOW John will create jobs. Heck I can say....I will create jobs, though I can't do it.

Creating jobs? What a laugh! This from the guy who lost his CEO job and was unemployed for years and years all because he refused to take a polygraph! Now Scamsey is looking to cash in on his latest attempt at suckering the general public. Hopefully his track record of avoiding the thruth will show MI voters he isn't to be trusted in any capacity IMO.
He's been hiding all this time and with all the pressure he'll be under and the questions he won't want to face or answer he'll withdraw. If you're going to use your murdered daughter as a "platform" (how sick is that btw?) then you've got to be prepared to answer the questions about your involvement and why you refused to take a poly when asked by your employer. Insulted? Yeah, I bet he was insulted. His very presence outside of a prison insults the hell out of me.

Not to be copied outside of WebSleuths, esp not to be copied and reposted in whole, or in any part at webbsleuths.org

Seeker, you'd think he used his daughter's 'platform' to start an organization like Mark Klass and REALLY help children. Oh wait...he tried that with the JBR foundation and SHOES...both went kaput.

Maybe John needs some more people to sue? If you are out of the spotlight people soon forget you. Fresh new lawsuits....with Woody standing in the aisles and making notes.

LOL...suing people has been John's job over the years. Whadda ya mean he's unemployed?

Seeker said:
Creating jobs? What a laugh! This from the guy who lost his CEO job and was unemployed for years and years all because he refused to take a polygraph! Now Scamsey is looking to cash in on his latest attempt at suckering the general public. Hopefully his track record of avoiding the thruth will show MI voters he isn't to be trusted in any capacity IMO.
He's been hiding all this time and with all the pressure he'll be under and the questions he won't want to face or answer he'll withdraw. If you're going to use your murdered daughter as a "platform" (how sick is that btw?) then you've got to be prepared to answer the questions about your involvement and why you refused to take a poly when asked by your employer. Insulted? Yeah, I bet he was insulted. His very presence outside of a prison insults the hell out of me.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Excellent, Seeker.

which was growing by leaps and bounds and was one of the largest employers in Boulder at the time of JBR's death.....not to mention he was one of only a few companies to land a contract with Sun, who was building a million square feet in the technology park. He lost his job because of the persecution by some on the BPD, and the media. They may criticize him for his vacation home, but that's the biggest industry up there, besides cherry trees, and the locals make a lot of seasonal money off the tourists and parttime residents.

Maikai said:
which was growing by leaps and bounds and was one of the largest employers in Boulder at the time of JBR's death.....not to mention he was one of only a few companies to land a contract with Sun, who was building a million square feet in the technology park. He lost his job because of the persecution by some on the BPD, and the media. They may criticize him for his vacation home, but that's the biggest industry up there, besides cherry trees, and the locals make a lot of seasonal money off the tourists and parttime residents.

The media and the BPD didn't call up Access Graphics and demand they fire John....AG fired John for their own good reasons.

Big difference in being a local citizen of Charleviox or a part timer resorter. The locals live there year round....'course John has something like 8 months under his belt now as a local. Does this qualify him? I'd say not really.

Maikai said:

I have to laugh at these constant "pity John Ramsey" posts. Here is a man by all accounts from his supporters who was this brilliant businessman, able to do business with all the big guns, blah, blah, blah.

Now here is this "brilliant businessman" unemployed for all these years because, as some claim, nobody would hire him because of all the "PERSECUTION" he endured.

Now, let's ask a real serious question here:

If nobody would hire him, and he lost his job, why in the world wouldn't this brilliant businessman, with the funds to back him up, start his own business???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He certainly brags about his business background, his knack for creating jobs, etc., yet he couldn't create a job for himself by himself?????? How in the world can he have the nerve to brag that because of his business background, he will be able to create jobs for others???

Is there no end to the ridiculous claims the Ramsey supporters will state? Is there no end to the lack of common sense among the RST? Is there no end to the need to actually come to others and rationalize John's unemployment???

Never mind, I'll answer these questions myself. NO, there doesn't seem to be any end to the lunacy

Can someone here send this thread to this MI newspaper? I think that the residents of MI should read what these posters wrote , what people from around the US thinks of the Ramseys.

http://www.50states.com/news/michigan.htm

I say we construct a general "letter of concern" from those of us who would like to "alert" folks in Michigan regarding John Ramsey and especially the foundation he set up which did nothing to help children that are victims of pedophiles, like he promised. If Ramsey can't even help other children that suffered the same fate as his child, how the heck is he going to manage to help the folks of Michigan? What qualifies John Ramsey as a member of the House of Representatives?

Hey Ned, long time no see. I think you are perfect for the job, you can write a great letter and can compile lists of their contradictions over the years. You did a great job in the Van Dam case. I hope you are up to the task. Nice to see you back, like myself I have to keep up with any news in reguards to the Ramseys. Are you following the Peterson case?

FFJ has a special thread for news people that contains case information. I think that making info available to them in ways such as that is about as far as we Internet sleuthers should go in the matter of John's candidacy. If we write letters to the editors of Michigan newspapers, we might come across as a bunch of lunatic fanatics if those letters appear in the papers, and besides, Michiganders (is that what they call themselves?) might resent the interference of outsiders.

imo

I just think the people in MI should know the hard, cold facts of John Ramseys backround. How could people think we are nuts when we present only the truth that can be verified? I wonder if that nut Mrs. B, that lives in MI has anything to do with his campaign. She probably follows the Ramseys around wherever they go.

well make sure you dont do it in a way that u end up being sued is all..
added- and i say that with love and respect- its not discouragement

Nice to see you too. No I haven't been keeping up with any case. New job keeps me hopping. Course I check back in here for what I think is going to be 2 minutes and get sucked back in.

I will TRY and compile a letter, can't promise though.

It might be more powerful too if they heard from us individually along with a letter from the "group".

I like what Trish has done in Boulder, my hats off to her. :clap:

Now let's see what kind of stir we can make with the folks in Michigan. Wouldn't it be nice if John Ramsey thinks he's campaigning for office, when in fact he is giving us the platform to put JonBenet's name right back in the faces of Michigan? Here's a man that's running for a PUBLIC office, yet he refuses to answer to the PUBLIC and POLICE regarding what happened to his daughter. He may be in for more than he's bargined for.

Maikai said:

What a crock! Lies like this belong at your home forum, comonly refered to as "the swamp" (for obvious reasons).

John Ramsey was FIRED from his CEO position for REFUSING to take a polygraph.

Mr "I'll create jobs" couldn't even create a job for himself so how is he going to "create" jobs for others? Puleaze!

Only people who are afraid their guilt will be obvious shun polygraphs. The only way he would take one is when he paid off the polyographers to find him "truthful". Same as he lawyered up ONLY HIS SIDE of the family and hired investigators who were instructed to keep him out of jail.

When John stated that he would run for public office, my initial reaction, which I even posted about was:

How can a man run for PUBLIC office when he has made PUBLIC statements on various TV shows, including LKL that he doesn't trust the FBI?

How can a man run for PUBLIC office and accuse the BPD, etc. of basic corruption?

Everyone admits that the BPD bungled the crime scene, but to go as far as insinuate that they were corrupt is a different story altogether

Just because it happened in Boulder and he is running in Michigan doesn't change the fact that he has had nothing nice to say about authority in law enforcement and the FBI is the FEDERAL bureau of investigation, (not an agency one should accuse of not being trustworthy when you are running for office)

I sincerely hope he does not drop out of this race. The longer he stays in the race, the more he will be scrutinized. The longer he is scrutinized, the more this case will get the attention. The longer the case gets attention, the more we can live with hope that this case may really be investigated properly by the right people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back