Evidence and Questions Revisted

terminatrixator

All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and
Reaction score
The following information is located on the last two pages. Since then we have received a lot of the information that we were looking for.

Some are locked so we can't bump over to the first page and some really deserve being revisited. There were so many good thoughts and questions that may have been forgotten. If we can remember the questions, maybe one of the answers we have received since then will jar something.

Sometimes you have to "Start Over" to get to the bottom of things.
-----

The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1
started by Misterallgood on 5-4-2005 (32 pages)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22968

---

The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2
started by JerseyGirl on 5-22-2005 (24 pages)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23661

---

Evidence Thread #1
started by Timex on 06-07-2005 (28 pages)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24465

---

Evidence Thread #2
started by Chicoliving on 8-1-2005 (8 pages)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27128

---

Crime Scene Information
started by Golfmom 5-25-05 (9 Pages)

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23846

---

Death Scene
started by PrayersforMaura on 6-12-2005

This has a list of questions contributed by Timex that have not been filled out which many of us know the answers to now. It would be nice to have this completed in the future.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24587&page=2

:clap
I can't wait to look over this, thank you! And my offer of help still stands BTW.

That would be awesome. I am hoping that people want to go back in and look things over from the beginning.

The large amount of blood near the body tells that is where most if not all the wounds took place (in the bedroom) the blood stains (splatter) on the walls suggests Janet was facing the wall when stabbed in the chest, I don't recall reading exactly where in her neck she was stabbed but the blood traveled to the wall. I read some info earlier that says the first wound wouldn't necessarily produce splatter, but a second blow to the area would being the blood be forced out from near an already wounded area. The way I can explain it is this: if you have a balloon filled with water and you make a hole in it with say a pin, then you jab the balloon again water is going to gush out of the first hole you made. Also, when the knife is taken out of the wound blood with come out with the blade and cause a cast off pattern, (not sure if that is a correct term) ex. take a paint brush and dip it in paint and fling it aiming at paper, maybe not exactly but you can get an idea.

That call is fascinating. You hear Kaiden once and that's it. This whole call is spooky.

The large amount of blood near the body tells that is where most if not all the wounds took place (in the bedroom) the blood stains (splatter) on the walls suggests Janet was facing the wall when stabbed in the chest, I don't recall reading exactly where in her neck she was stabbed but the blood traveled to the wall. I read some info earlier that says the first wound wouldn't necessarily produce splatter, but a second blow to the area would being the blood be forced out from near an already wounded area. The way I can explain it is this: if you have a balloon filled with water and you make a hole in it with say a pin, then you jab the balloon again water is going to gush out of the first hole you made. Also, when the knife is taken out of the wound blood with come out with the blade and cause a cast off pattern, (not sure if that is a correct term) ex. take a paint brush and dip it in paint and fling it aiming at paper, maybe not exactly but you can get an idea.

The way that home was built, nobody would have been able to just come into the home and walk up the stairs undetected without Janet knowing.

Raven made comments to friends & family and even mentioned it in a portion of the NC Wanted interview about the little moment they had before he left. He changed things around several times but he mentions Janet folding clothes, then they went into Kaiden's room to put away the clothes and hugged and kissed and said what a wonderful family they had.

Perhaps they put away laundry but this Hallmark Moment that he claims wasn't so Hallmark. Raven was going to play soccer. Per NC Wanted again, she supposedly scolded him because he had homework to do etc. and it was getting late. At this time, I believe she knew she was pregnant again and had told him and he knew they were up sh*ts creek without a paddle monetarily because he owes an attorney because he got caught embezzling, he lost his job, he was going to get forced to sell his vx, he couldn't afford another kid and carry on with his affairs, he was behind on the rent for his place. Janet may or may not have found out he was cheating again, and she was sick and tired of the bs with Raven. He had a larger than life insurance policy out on Janet, and this was the perfect opportunity.

I believe he had planned and coordinated it. Raven's good that way. I believe even bringing Janet's car into the shop was part of the plan, the "If I were a Bird", everything has been leading to this night.

He knew he had a "Pick-up" game, and he knew this was the opportunity before she told everyone she was pregant again.

He had his "buck-knife" and went in to console Janet in the office, and give her a hug from behind, because she was not happy he was going to a pick-up game.

I believe he walked up behind her, put his arm around her as if to cuddle with his left hand and he came down with the knife into her neck and chest with his right hand.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/terminatrixator/ac014559.jpg?t=1239292354

This will help you to see the exact insertions of the wounds. I have checked with many sources and these wounds would have been inflicted from behind.

Janet was an all-star athlete. I understand that in her pictures she looked thin, but Janet was not weak, whatsoever. She was tough and would have fought for her life had she had known what was coming. She would have fought tooth and nail if it was an intruder because of Kaiden. She had powerful legs and was strong, she was more of an athlete than Raven would ever be.

The only person that could have come up behind her without her fighting back would have been Raven.

I believe he cleaned himself up, packed up the laptop, the knives, his clothes and went to the soccer game. He got rid of those items on his way to and from the game. Nobody was going to check on Janet in those few hours he was gone. I believe he came home from the game and took some deep breaths and played the part of his life when he contacted the Police Department.

She was not "bleeding" and was already dead during that 911 call. He did not attempt cpr, he knew she was dead before he left for the soccer game.

Every time I listen to the 911 I am amazed at the way he controls things and manipulates even the 911 operator.

Deb Thank you so much for your post, it's very helpful in examining the splatter =)

I believe he thought the possibility that he wouldn't get blood on him if he did this from behind, but he wasn't counting on the transfer of blood from the close contact he had to of had with her to stab her like that.

The fact that the ME didn't do an autopsy for 48 hours is a little concerning, although they can get a general idea of a time line from looking. Rigor mortis or Liver mortis, has to do with the settling of blood in a deceased body. I always thought they did these cases right away, to get accurate results or (answers) I should say, like the liver tempature.

I have to get my book out that has to do with this. I'll be back later.

The fact that the ME didn't do an autopsy for 48 hours is a little concerning, although they can get a general idea of a time line from looking. Rigor mortis or Liver mortis, has to do with the settling of blood in a deceased body. I always thought they did these cases right away, to get accurate results or (answers) I should say, like the liver tempature.

I have to get my book out that has to do with this. I'll be back later.

This has bothered me since the autopsy report came out, and I have such frustration with the Medical Examiner on this case.

The fact that it did take almost 48 hours for the autopsy, makes me completely ill. The ME signed off as an approximate "about" time of wound and "time of death" but those are the last possible time known, per Raven.

In all reality the last time she was known to be alive was when the home teacher left the home.

I am not sure if temperature of the home and her temperature was taken at the crime scene either. This was initially called in as wife was shot, hurt, and I believe LE went in thinking that this may have just transpired, and they were going by what Raven said. Stomach content will also be of importance.

I know that the ME's don't show up at the scene of every single crime, but come on, a woman murdered in her home....I still shake my head on this one. I truly believe that if ME arrived at the scene of the crime that night, and this was handled properly, I think it would have been Game Over for the Rave and he would have been been sentenced already.

This could be something that may need a higher up's attention- Senator, Governor. Maybe protocol is different than what we think should be done?

I believe (time is of the essence) in cases such as these. In my opinion, too many murderers are getting away scott free because of technicalities such as this.

What I am wondering is how is it that Darlie Routier has been convicted of her sons murders with no said intruder but yet a case like this there is no conviction?

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

There is a new Governor, this is also the town with the ever clever Nifong.

This City has been up and down politically speaking and they also went through the very public trial of Michael Peterson, who killed his wife Kathleen Peterson. Michael Peterson may have also killed Elizabeth Ratliff, in the past, who supposedly fell down the stairs, much like he claimed happened to his wife Kathleen. This was a high profile case, and one I think Durham would not like to repeat.

I believe again that Medical Examiners may be overworked especially in high crime rate areas such as Durham, NC. Things needs to be changed though. This is not a case of a random crime, a drive-by shooting by gangs, a drug crime, a hate crime, this was the case of a young mother murdered in her home.

I believe Law Enforcement in this case really want to catch themselves a bird.

I know myself that the talented sleuthers here could probably put together a good case at trial. I think there is plenty of circumstantial evidence to get this murderer off the street.

After the media attention on the case, it seemed like everything abruptly shut-down on this case.

I think there was some sort of misconception that media on a case is good, cause I think it's quieter now than it was before, it's quieter on the Michelle Young's case, Lisa Stebic's case, Stacy Peterson case, I wonder why that is, those seem to have a lot of media attention.

Maybe it's time that Senators, Governors got letters and calls about how it seems to be so much harder to get murdering husband's off the street?

Everyone knows who the murderer is, what's the hold up on these cases?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=680985&postcount=428"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Evidence[/ame]

I'd like to rehash something that was said in the past by "Rooster"

"I think Janet fought the rapest/murder and he killed her. I think maybe he was only intending to rape. But ended up killing her because she fought back.
He then probably ran..."

Since this is one speculated theory by someone very close to Raven, we know that Janet didn't end up fighting anyone back, the person that killed her was able to get close enough to get their arm around her from the back, as in a hug and then stab her, this is easy to tell based on the wounds.

Rapists leave behind foreign dna, if there was any hair, any saliva any foreign dna, anything to indicate that anyone but Janet & Raven were in that room we would have heard.

I also find the statement "only intending to rape" really sad.

Rape, incest, molestation and inappropriate sexual behavior should never be considered "only".

This is a good way for people new to Janet's case to go back and revisit some of the other threads from the beginning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back