Baez files motion to keep KC out of court -

yeknomaras

Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/18577477/detail.html

saying that people discuss her appearance and it adds to the "circus."

he attached an article for "proof" that was from the Sentinel.... and all it did was describe what she wore and how long her hair was.

:confused::confused::confused:

how does that prove his case? although i agree she should be there, it looks as if SS has made a "special case" out of this and won't LET her waive her right to appear...

sorry, it's gonna take me a few years to process this one!

I wonder why he is so concerned now about what the public thinks of her physical appearance?
Anyways, I never heard of an attorney filing a motion for his client to stay out of the publics view at trial because the of how her physical appearance will be described by the media.
How could JB actually face the judge with that type of motion? Stop wasting the judges time and spending the counties money with these ridiculous motions.

I'm still trying to find the 'unsubstantiated rumor' that the Sentinel was spreading in this article.

hmmmmm :confused:

no worries folks. Judge S. gets the last say.

he sure does.

i just don't get why Baez added the OS article. it's not like they said "she looked hideous! like a murderer!"

i mean, c'mon Baez :rolleyes:

Boy-Oh-Boy... She reeeally does not want to face the music. I hope Judge S. sticks to his ruling and makes her appear to hear every motion in person.

I don't understand why he chose the article that he attached. It was completely objective and factual and I don't see how it would "undermine the integrity of the process."
I understand why he is making the argument, but the evidense he chose seems downright irrelevant.

I wonder why he is so concerned now about what the public thinks of her physical appearance?
Anyways, I never heard of an attorney filing a motion for his client to stay out of the publics view at trial because the of how her physical appearance will be described by the media.
How could JB actually face the judge with that type of motion? Stop wasting the judges time and spending the counties money with these ridiculous motions.

I can't figure out why he wasn't concerned with her walking in and out of his office with the tight jeans, strutting like a (I don't know what..well, I do, just not saying it..lol), and wearing a shirt asking for help to find the daughter that she killed and threw away like trash, yet he is concerned about a jumpsuit and shackles? OMG and don't let me forget the sunglasses she wore that she bought with a forged check!:bang:

Boy-Oh-Boy... She reeeally does not want to face the music. I hope Judge S. sticks to his ruling and makes her appear to hear every motion in person.

Does anyone eles think Baez may be convincing her that she should stay away from court so she doesn't see him in action?

Exactly, you'd think he'd have a few other things he could work on in her case instead of this ridiculous stuff, wouldn't you?

I can't figure out why he wasn't concerned with her walking in and out of his office with the tight jeans, strutting like a (I don't know what..well, I do, just not saying it..lol), and wearing a shirt asking for help to find the daughter that she killed and threw away like trash, yet he is concerned about a jumpsuit and shackles? OMG and don't let me forget the sunglasses she wore that she bought with a forged check!:bang:

Thank you!!!!!:blowkiss:

I haven't read the article critically, but at first blush I concur with Baez.Just read this forum and you will see that her physical appearance is clearly a distraction to the facts at hand and have nothing to do with Caylee or this case.
JMHO of course.

We had a really, really good discussion about this, including case law, and now I can't find it. It's driving me NUTS.

There is a very specific term in relation to waiving right to appear. It is, "something something appearance' in the statutes. Does anyone recall it so I can go find the great thread it was on?

KC knows that she cannot show correct emotions and facial expressions, and so she wants to stay away from the public eye as long as she can. BooHoo! Tuff said da judge!:)

Does anyone eles think Baez may be convincing her that she should stay away from court so she doesn't see him in action?

Would not suprise me at all,:waitasec: but she obviously does NOT want to be in court. Good... even more reason to make her attend, along with possible future appeal issue.

We had a really, really good discussion about this, including case law, and now I can't find it. It's driving me NUTS.

There is a very specific term in relation to waiving right to appear. It is, "something something appearance' in the statutes. Does anyone recall it so I can go find the great thread it was on?
a good constructive discussion? I will find it for you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back