FL FL - Linda Lois Little, 43, Daytona Beach, 11 Oct 1991 *charges 2022*

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Linda is loved and missed by her family.

Linda Lois Little was last seen in Daytona Beach, Florida on October 11, 1991. She was spotted leaving a 7-11 convenience store near the beach and riding a blue and rust-colored Murray beach cruiser.

Height: 5’ 11” Weight: 180 lbs DOB: 10/29/47

Hair: reddish Brown Eyes: blue Case: 91027584

If you have any information concerning Little's whereabouts, please contact: Daytona Beach Police Department 904-255-1431 or 904-254-1596.

All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCIC Number: M-522587051

A printable poster can be found here:
http://members.cox.net/kelly_projectjason/
http://www.projectjason.org

that is such an old cold case,,,i am cop in north florida. give me some more information. what was her story?

Wow, Linda, what a coincidence, we are looking for LE officers in Florida to particpate in the compassion awareness training and also be sponsors as LE agencies. Please contact either myself, Lanie at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com or Kelly at Kelly.Jolkowski@projectjson.org so we can refer you to the CMA and the agents handling the training.

We need sponsors for every state, probably at least 10 for every state....more for the larger states, of course.

Thank you for responding. Maybe as an inside gal, you can help with this case. God bless you, Linda, and please contact us right away so we can add you to our lists.
With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com
Proud partners of Project Jason & 18 Wheel Angels
www.projectjason.org/

As a LE officer, I would imagine that you could contact the DB authorities and find out whatever information they can release to you. I am in contact with a close family member and I have no additional information, no juicy gossip, nor any conspiracy theories. Should you be privy to any valid information that could help resolve the case, I'm sure you would share that appropriately with those who are handling the case. Thank you for your interest.

Kelly

deputylinda said:
that is such an old cold case,,,i am cop in north florida. give me some more information. what was her story?

Linda, we still are waiting for your research. Thanks so much for offering to help on this case.

Blessings, Lanie

i apologize for not getting back to you sooner, because i did not want or intend to give false hope...i have no authority there, but i did talk to a couple friends off the record in ormond p.d....as close as i could get...it's so "old and cold" (forgive the phrase) ..that no-one had anything new to say...but please remember these are just locals who are not vested in case as DB. your hope remains with them and their dedication. my personal schedule , 12 hour shifts, precludes me from any sort of life of my own as it is and i cannot commit any resources at this time...except for a few inquiries i made. also...it is considered not to be a good thing to step on the toes of another agency when i have no standing in the case. i wish for your success in finding your loved one, and that you not give up hope. i am also no longer in north fla.have relocated to another agency. Godspeed. very sincerely, linda.

Prayers for Linda, and those who search for her.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Linda Lois Little

THE CRIME

Suspicious disappearance

Date of crime: Last seen Oct. 11, 1991

Little, 43, finished her waitress shift at the Chart House restaurant in Daytona Beach and rode off on her bicycle about 1 a.m. Oct. 11, 1991. She stopped at Matey's Brig bar on Broadway and two hours later was spotted riding toward the Broadway bridge, heading to her beachside apartment. But she didn't report for work the next day and was never seen again.

THE INVESTIGATION

THE SURVIVORS

THE UPDATE

In 1996 someone called a relative to say he had met Little in North Carolina and she had told him to reach her at that number; he hung up after refusing to give his name. Police have attempted to match Little's description to unidentified bodies over the years, without success.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Local/03AreaEAST08082905.htm

Bump

This month will mark 19 years that Linda has been missing. Come home soon.

Families fear waning attention in search of missing loved ones

[snip]

For more than 20 years, Wanda Hinson and her family have searched unsuccessfully for Linda Little, who vanished sometime on Oct. 11, 1991.

The family has put up billboards, and Little's face has appeared on the sides of Volusia County buses, but no trace of Little has surfaced, said Hinson, Little's sister.

"I know it's an almost impossible case, but there are miracles out there."

Police say the 43-year-old got off work from the Chart House on South Beach Street in Daytona Beach and rode her bicycle across the Broadway Bridge and stopped at Matey's Brig. Hours later, Little was seen at a nearby 7-Eleven that morning.

She was never seen again.

Whether Little is alive or dead remains to be seen, but family members suspect Oba Chandler is responsible for what may have happened to Little. The former Volusia County man was executed last year for drowning an Ohio mother and her two daughters in the Gulf of Mexico. He never confessed to the triple murder or any other crimes.

More: http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...attention-in-search-of-missing-love-ones.html

Man charged already in prison!
Oct 25 2022
1666707667323.png
''A man already serving life in prison was indicted Monday on a charge of first-degree murder in the cold-case killing of a woman who vanished three decades ago in Daytona Beach, according to a press release from the State Attorney's Office.

Michael S. Townson, 53, was indicted in the killing of Linda Lois Little, according to the press release from 7th Circuit State Attorney R.J. Larizza's Office.

Townson is already serving a life sentence for beating Sherri Carmanto to death with a steel pipe at her home in Titusville in 2007, according to the release. A Brevard County jury convicted him of the killing in 2008.''

'This is a developing story. Check back for updates. '
Michael S. Townson, 53
1666707736447.png

'''Headquarters: 129 Valor Boulevard, Daytona Beach, FL, 32114 | (386) 671-5100 Press Release Subject:

1991 Cold Case Indictment Date: October 24, 2022 Report Number: DB910027584 Details: On 10/14/1991,

Linda Little was reported missing with the Daytona Beach Police Department by her friend. Linda Little was last seen on 10/11/1991.
The Daytona Beach Police Department investigated Linda Little’s disappearance, but Ms. Little’s case remained unsolved. Although between 1991 and 2022, there were little to no leads or evidence developed in this case. The detectives continued to follow up and obtain more information to develop a suspect. If not for the hard work and dedication from the Daytona Beach Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Department, it would have not been possible in developing a suspect in this case.

Today we are proud to inform the community that an indictment for First-Degree Murder was handed down this afternoon by a Volusia County Grand Jury. The indictment is for Michael Townson who is currently serving a life sentence in Brevard County for a 2008 First-Degree Murder charge of beating a woman to death in Titusville. Townson is accused of killing Linda Lois Little more than 31 years ago. If not for the corroboration with the State Attorney and the Daytona Beach Police Department this case would have remained unsolved.''

A man who is already serving a life sentence for a brutal murder in Brevard County now faces charges for the death of a woman that has gone unsolved since 1991.

A Volusia County grand jury indicted Michael Townson, 53, on a charge of first-degree murder Monday in the 1991 disappearance of Linda Little, according to a news release from the state attorney’s office.

Linda had two sisters, a son and a grandchild. I hope they are still around to receive this news. Apparently her father died a year after she went missing.

Townson would have been 22 when Linda went missing. Wonder what he was doing between 1991 and 2008.

Investigators have not said what evidence pointed them toward Townson as a suspect in the woman’s disappearance 31 years ago.

The CBS affiliate in Memphis, WREG, interviewed Townson in 2019 after he claimed to have killed at least nine people, including two women in Tennessee, according to the station’s reporting.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back