GUILTY GA - Three adult siblings murdered in their Athens home, 28 Jan 2009

MeoW333

Reaction score
http://www.live5news.com/Global/story.asp?S=9755852

"ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Police have charged a 52-year-old man with killing 3 of his siblings in the Athens trailer park where the family lives. Athens-Clarke Police Lt. Mike McKeel says John David Latimer has been charged with three counts of murder for the Tuesday shooting deaths of 49-year-old Thomas G. Latimer, 57-year-old Janice Carol Patterson and 61-year-old Sara Kathleen Tatum. McKeel said police are investigating the shootings and have no motive."

http://onlineathens.com/stories/013009/new_382936785.shtml

"A man once ordered to submit to a mental evaluation is charged with murdering his brother and two sisters Wednesday night in the mobile home they shared in Eastern Clarke County.
John David Latimer, 52, was booked into the Clarke County Jail on three counts each of malice murder, felony murder and aggravated assault shortly after 10 p.m., four hours after police responded to reports of shots fired at his trailer in the Hallmark Mobile Home Park, 705 Spring Valley Road."

What a tragedy MeoW333. A family almost wiped out. I read the onlineathens article you listed and it caught my eye that the judge in the DUI case didn't order the man that commited these murders to have mental health treatment even though is lawyer at the time requested it?

Perhaps, if this man had recieved the mental health treatment then these people might be alive today. Schizophrenia is a devastating illness when left untreated by medication. My heart aches for all of the surviving family members and their friends.

What a tragedy MeoW333. A family almost wiped out. I read the onlineathens article you listed and it caught my eye that the judge in the DUI case didn't order the man that commited these murders to have mental health treatment even though is lawyer at the time requested it?

Perhaps, if this man had recieved the mental health treatment then these people might be alive today. Schizophrenia is a devastating illness when left untreated by medication. My heart aches for all of the surviving family members and their friends.

It's surprising that the judge wouldn't order, especially since the man's lawyer recommended mental health treatment. If he had treatment and complied, most likely his relatives would be alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back