Please Do Not Dilute The Great Work You Are Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After going over this forum and reading what is going on I need to make some things very clear to all of you.

First and foremost, thank you for all your hard work. Because of your hard work and dedication family members of the missing have hope. Thank you so very much.

It has come to my attention that people are diluting the efforts of Websleuths.

By constantly contacting Law Enforcement with tips regarding any white person with the most slight resemblance to Benjamin does so much more harm than good.

By doing this you are making Websleuths seem like we don't know what we are doing and in the future, Law Enforcement will not take our calls nor will they take what we do seriously.

I can't stop you from doing what you want but I can stop you from doing it using Websleuths.

Please, no more contacting Law Enforcement with every little thing. You must stop this. It's not that I don't appreciate or understand your wanting to help but it is making things so much worse I can't tell you.

And please DO NOT contact other family members of missing people because you think you have a match. This is cruel beyond measure.

When you think you have a serious match, when you have all discussed it and feel it is a serious match, then and only then, do you alert law enforcement.

At that point it should be up to law enforcement to contact the family. However there are extreme situations where it would be appropriate to let the family know. As of right now there is not one reason I can see to contact a family member about any missing people we are dealing with.

Again, it is up to you what you do but please, if you do not agree with what I am saying then feel free to leave and do not use Websleuths name or forum as a source of information.

Again, this does not take away from the wonderful work you are doing. By not contacting LE for every little thing we in turn are looked upon as a serious and helpful tool for Law Enforcement and families of the missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288