Identified! GA - Albany, Woman found dead in parking lot, Jan'09 - Joyce Hutchinson

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
http://www.walb.com/global/Story.asp?s=9748035

By Delivrine Registre - bio | email

January 28, 2009

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - ALBANY - The body of a woman has been found in the back of a car parked in the Walmart parking lot in Lee County.

The body was found in the backseat of a burgundy four-door Saturn, which had a Dougherty County tag.

The unidentified woman is white, and in her 50's. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is investigating her death. They say there were no obvious signs of trauma.

"There was a lady laying in the back seat, and she was nude fro the waist down, and I told him not to look, and he told me I needed to call 911, and I did," said Annette Smith, who discovered the body.

Chief Deputy Lewis Harris of the Lee County Sheriff's Office said, "At this point it's hard to determine if there's any visible injuries to the victim. Once we get inside the car to investigate, we'll be able to tell more."

Investigators are interviewing store employees, and checking to see what they can find on surveillance video. They ask anyone who may have information to call the Americus GBI Office, or the Lee Co. sheriff.

An autopsy should be conducted Thursday.

http://www.walb.com/global/Story.asp?s=9756817

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The woman found dead inside a car at Walmart had been dead for at least 10 hours.

Family members told Sheriff's investigators the last time they saw 58 year old Joyce Ann Hutchinson alive was Sunday night.

Her body was found around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon in the backseat of a car parked outside the Walmart garden center. She was naked from the waist down. The crime lab performed an autopsy this afternoon and found no signs of trauma or foul play.

Right now, Hutchinson's death is considered to be from natural causes although toxicology results won't be complete for another eight weeks.

Does this sound like natural causes to you?

Strange, very strange. It just makes no sense, imo.

No it doesn't sound like a death from natural causes. Why would she have no clothing on from the waist down? Makes no sense to me either.

Naked from the waist down ???
No trauma or foul play ?

Perhaps someone was GOING to rape her and she had a heart attack ?

What is also strange is she was supposed to have been dead for 10 hours.

This Super Walmart is busy constantly all during the day and is open 24 hours a day.

So I am hoping that they can see when her car drove in and parked by looking at the surveillance tapes.

I wonder if she was at someone's house and they gave her some bad drugs and she died and then they drove her there and left her.

They may have stripped her from the wast down trying to make it look like it was an attempted sexual assault.

It sure is puzzling though.

imoo

EDIT: nevermind... that commenter apparently is full of it.

I wonder what in the world happened. Someone maybe drove her there and dropped the car off? What about surveillance cameras.... I wonder if Walmart had any for that area. It was right in front of the garden center they said.

I wonder what in the world happened. Someone maybe drove her there and dropped the car off? What about surveillance cameras.... I wonder if Walmart had any for that area. It was right in front of the garden center they said.

I saw that too passionategray, and on the other article someone commented that she had been living in the car. We need more information that's for sure.

This happened about 20 miles from my home. Honestly, I don't think that they are making a huge deal out of this, WALB is in Albany, and also my local news station. I have seen this reported only twice. Its sad!

She was nude from the waist up, not from the waist down (one of the comments on the the articles by a poster)

She was nude from the waist up, not from the waist down (one of the comments on the the articles by a poster)

On another site (Topix) discussing this case a poster said that she has been told certain things. Now I cannot verify what she says is true but she did say that they do believe that it was foul play.

She also said that the women who died lived right up the road from Walmart.

LOL ETA: Oops I see you already have it up Tonia.

imoo

This happened about 20 miles from my home. Honestly, I don't think that they are making a huge deal out of this, WALB is in Albany, and also my local news station. I have seen this reported only twice. Its sad!

It is sad but it is also very odd.

Well when the GBI investigates anything a lot of information is shutdown.

imoo

I do think they have surveillance cameras. If she came in the middle of the night or was brought there though, I am not sure the cameras would pick a lot up in the dark of night. Although they do have lights everywhere.

imoo

I hope they do have video. I know at the walmart in my neighborhood they close the GM side at night and you can only enter on the grocery side. The garden center is usually on the GM side. So that car being parked there should have been considered suspicious by the employees and especially loss prevention employees. I also know that at my neighborhood walmart (i used to work there) the theft rate of things like gps and car stereos from parked cars was higher on the GM side of the parking lot so they did have more cameras on that side.

I don't know if I believe that commenter because in the video the woman who discovered the body specifically says that she was nude from the waist down. I don't think that she would lie to the media about it unless she was trying to cover something up.... because if LE was telling her not to talk about it she would just say no comment, not make up stories about the body. JMO.

Naked from the waist down ???
No trauma or foul play ?

Perhaps someone was GOING to rape her and she had a heart attack ?

JaneinOz, i was thinking the same thing! Otherwise i can't understand how they're going to say "natural causes" if she was naked waistdown :confused:
I really hope they got something on surveillance cameras.

Did her family call to report her missing? She had been last seen Sunday at 1:30pm in the afternoon and not found until Weds? If she were my relative who hadn't returned i would have been on the phone with the police later that night!

http://www.walb.com/global/Story.asp?s=9756817

ALBANY, GA (WALB) - The woman found dead inside a car at Walmart had been dead for at least 10 hours.

Family members told Sheriff's investigators the last time they saw 58 year old Joyce Ann Hutchinson alive was Sunday night.

Her body was found around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday afternoon in the backseat of a car parked outside the Walmart garden center. She was naked from the waist down. The crime lab performed an autopsy this afternoon and found no signs of trauma or foul play.

Right now, Hutchinson's death is considered to be from natural causes although toxicology results won't be complete for another eight weeks.

Something seems off here. Why would this woman be naked from the waist down if she died of natural causes? That is really strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back