**all things zfg lawsuit merged **

Egoslayer

Reaction score
"The attorney representing the woman in a defamation suit against Casey Anthony wants to depose Casey's brother, Lee, in hopes of shedding light in the civil case.

Keith Mitnik wants answers to questions on behalf of his client, Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez. Fernandez Gonzalez shares the same name as the woman whom Casey claims abducted her daughter, Caylee Marie, in July of last year.

"I need people under oath, where they're required to tell me the truth, and I want to ask the questions. We've got one reason. I want to clear our client's name and I want to do it as fast as we can," said Mitnik.

"I was very surprised," said attorney Thomas Luka, who is representing Lee Anthony, adding his client is not going to be of much use in this case. "I've had extensive conversations with him about this. He has indicated to me that he does not know anything other than the fact that his sister has used a babysitter, but he did not know specific names or anything like that."

Mitnik says he has an extensive list of questions for Lee Anthony. "Merely, do you know this woman? What can you tell me about her?

When asked if he would take the opportunity to inquire about Casey Anthony's murder case, Mitnik responded, "I'll probably ask them some questions about it, and only because if there's any info that points to someone else that hurt this child, then it's not my client."

Lee Anthony's deposition is scheduled for February 27th. His parents Cindy and George Anthony are scheduled for depositions on February 26th."

source: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

UPDATE: From JVM : Depo's will be filmed & released.

This should be very interesting. I hope we can see the video/audio of this.
But, I'm wondering, why are they meeting with the lawyer in person, yet KC can write her answers on a piece of paper? I don't know much about law, but surely Zenieda's lawyer could sit face to face with her in prison with JB at her side to answer the questions verbally. It just really kills me how everything always gets twisted in her favor. I know it won't in the end, but jeez!

Sorry for the o/t rant, just had to get it out!

The judge ordered that she couldn't be questioned in person until her criminal trial was over as it might affect the outcome of that trial.

But, I'm wondering, why are they meeting with the lawyer in person, yet KC can write her answers on a piece of paper? I don't know much about law, but surely Zenieda's lawyer could sit face to face with her in prison with JB at her side to answer the questions verbally. It just really kills me how everything always gets twisted in her favor. I know it won't in the end, but jeez!

Well, supposedly KC plans to take the fifth anyway. :rolleyes:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey0309feb03,0,4855543.story

Oh lucky, lucky, lucky family. Now, they have to give a deposition in the case regarding whatever information they know about the fake nanny's existence, which will be nothing but will show, once and for all, that none of them heard of ZFG much less Sawgrass Zanny before 7/15.

Under oath or not, I don't think these people know how to tell the truth. I think they spin whatever they need to and then convince themselves it is true.

This is ridiculous! Are ZG's attorneys going after the whole family now? What information do they think that LEE could possibly give them? The more I read about this defamation lawsuit the more I think it is completely bogus.

This is ridiculous! Are ZG's attorneys going after the whole family now? What information do they think that LEE could possibly give them? The more I read about this defamation lawsuit the more I think it is completely bogus.
There family it makes perfect sense to question them. As far as it being ridiculous IMO the only thing that is ridiculous is a certain someone thinking she can use peoples names for a crime and not be slapped with a law suit.

Egoslayer;3254479 "I was very surprised said:
He has indicated to me that he does not know anything other than the fact that his sister has used a babysitter, but he did not know specific names or anything like that[/B]."

snipped/bold by me

Well then it sounds to me like he will be of great use in this case.

How can an attorney who has had "extensive conversations" about his client's participation in a lawsuit be "very surprised" when that client is deposed?

Casey has been presented with interrogatories--written questions to be responded to with (you guessed it) written responses. Interrogatories precede depositions--they can be used to help guide later questioning, among other things. They are not offered under oath, but inconsistencies between them and earlier (or later) responses are always interesting for those who are formulating questions to be asked in deposition or at trial. (I kind of look at them as not only informative in terms of helping shape later questioning, but also as a glimpse at the responder's ability to hold up well when questioned.)

Ultimately, Casey will be deposed.

"I was very surprised," said attorney Thomas Luka, who is representing Lee Anthony, adding his client is not going to be of much use in this case. "I've had extensive conversations with him about this. He has indicated to me that he does not know anything other than the fact that his sister has used a babysitter, but he did not know specific names or anything like that."

*I* was very surprised to read that Luka has determined that KC using a babysitter is a "fact". Perhaps he is the one who needs to be deposed.

I agree. ZFG's attorneys are taking this far beyond trying to clear her name, which has already been cleared repeatedly. It appears that they are actually trying to investigate Caylee's disappearance and murder, which could, IMO, be construed as interfering in a criminal case.

I think they're doing it because they know Casey is going to plead the 5th and they are trying to get someone in the family to admit there was no Zani. I bet Lee is squirming in his boots about this.

I don't think it's too ridiculous. What Lee (and the rest of the family) will testify to, if he tells the truth, is that he had no knowledge of ZFG. That he actually had never laid eyes on her or spoke to her. Thereby strengthening the case against Casey. It kind of helps prove the family had no knowledge of this person and that she has been wrongfully accused by Casey of being the babysitter.

How can an attorney who has had "extensive conversations" about his client's participation in a lawsuit be "very surprised" when that client is deposed?

Great observation!

The judge ordered that she couldn't be questioned in person until her criminal trial was over as it might affect the outcome of that trial.

Here is what I don't understand and this isn't against you, Mendz or your post :blowkiss: but isn't this part of her trial? I mean after all, Casey is claming that ZFG is the one who took Caylee. To me, this should all be included. If JB is saying that it will incrimate Casey, well, so be it. Casey is the one who is lying and hurting other people because of her own actions.. All this should be a part of Caseys murder trial.. my 2 cents :crazy:

I'm with you, I think she should be deposed now and not with this fill in the answers thing.

I think they're doing it because they know Casey is going to plead the 5th and they are trying to get someone in the family to admit there was no Zani. I bet Lee is squirming in his boots about this.

So do you think they are trying to get someone in the family to admit there is no Zani in order to clear ZFG's name or to obtain admission of this fact for the murder case?

I think ZFG should be able to sue Casey for what she has done to her and lay claim to any money the family may make off of this tragedy if so awarded. If someone took my good name and credibility away from me in order to cover up her murderous ways, I most certainly would want some avenue of retribution. How dare she? And now she doesn't even have to answer for what she has done to ZFG because she's got bigger fish to fry? Nope...not right.

And if anyone in the family bought/perpetuated this lie and so defamed ZFG on TV and/or print they should have to answer too.

Heck, I would think Jesse G is about ready to file a lawsuit by now!!!

1. KC said she left Caylee with ZG at Sawgrass Apartments and she drove a car with NY tag --- 2nd Story KC said ZG and others took Caylee from her at JBP
KC tells different people that she has known ZG for 2 - 6 years. LA and GA and CA said in interviews with LE that they had heard of ZG.
This ZG has been to Sawgrass Apartments, applied to get apt. And at that time drove a car with NY Tags. IMO it is not ridiculous for ZG to file this lawsuit - the ZG KC points to as the person that took Caylee is this ZG -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back