Votes: 11 4.1%
  • Don't care

Votes: 61 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
It seems as if every day there is some new bombshell that makes us all question the ability and sanity of Jose Baez and the quality of representation he will provide her.

Latest is the Todd Black/Felon story and the speculation that "Todd Black" may be paying for the defense so he has rights to the story.

But there has been the "smuggling of contraband" with the bracelet last week.

Baez' pathetic motion writing skills

Baez' propensity to have the prosecution do all of his work for him.

Inappropriate contact with Casey at the jail.

Bar complaints against Baez.

I don't know much about laws with regard to removing representation against the wishes of a defendant but right now I believe any guilty verdict will be at risk for appeal because of Baez.

I do believe Casey is guilty but I also believe the people who are supposed to be helping her are actually exploiting her for their own gains- financially and noteriety.

She is entitled to capable legal representation and she does not have that right now.

Can the courts remove Baez as her attorney of record and appoint someone else? What are the procedures involved? What is the likelihood this could happen?

And this is just MO, but I have to wonder if Baez will make it through this murder trial and retain his Florida Bar affiliation

KC & JB are two of a kind and deserve each other, but he has no clue how to defend her. I do not want her case thrown out or a new trial due to his stupidity. The whole defense is a circus.

I don't want her to get an appeal just because he's inept!

It seems as if every day there is some new bombshell that makes us all question the ability and sanity of Jose Baez and the quality of representation he will provide her.

Latest is the Todd Black/Felon story and the speculation that "Todd Black" may be paying for the defense so he has rights to the story.

But there has been the "smuggling of contraband" with the bracelet last week.

Baez' pathetic motion writing skills

Baez' propensity to have the prosecution do all of his work for him.

Inappropriate contact with Casey at the jail.

Bar complaints against Baez.

I don't know much about laws with regard to removing representation against the wishes of a defendant but right now I believe any guilty verdict will be at risk for appeal because of Baez.

I do believe Casey is guilty but I also believe the people who are supposed to be helping her are actually exploiting her for their own gains- financially and noteriety.

She is entitled to capable legal representation and she does not have that right now.

Can the courts remove Baez as her attorney of record and appoint someone else? What are the procedures involved? What is the likelihood this could happen?

And this is just MO, but I have to wonder if Baez will make it through this murder trial and retain his Florida Bar affiliation

IMO, there is no way the Court will interfere with her right to choose her own counsel, at least at this stage.

Re John B., I wasn't all that surprised to hear he's an ex-con. I've known other defence lawyers to hire ex-cons before.....not bad for business (criminals know criminals) and who better than a defence lawyer to give an ex-con a break. I know it sounds odd to many of you, but at least SOME (and i'm not saying necessarily John B.) do deserve a second chance after doing their time.

Other than his bumbling in front of the media, I really don't think he's doing that bad a job....please don't hate me for it. He may have lost some of his Motions, but that's the way it goes...you make the application to cover yourself on appeal. At least where I come from, you can't raise a matter for appeal generally, if you did not take the objection, make the applications etc during the proceedings.

He's gathered a decent panel of experts (I'm not saying i like them all), and thankfully is now getting assistance from more experienced counsel.

So, unless there is some proof that he is doing something improper, and right now it's just allegations, I can't see how he could possibly be removed.

Re the bracelet, imo, not a biggy. IMO, pretty obviously put in there by Cindy and I think she has a lot of gall denying it and getting him in trouble for it. I would bet she has a box of them at home, and JB probably never even saw one til it showed up in the media. His big mistake was trusting Cindy to not try to sneak in any contraband. I myself have in the past checked in clothes for people in jail, and have never thought to double check pockets etc if I trusted the people I got them from. At the end of the day, I think it was Cindy with the intent, not JB.

Please don't hate me, but those are my opinions.

I truly don't care. Either way she will be found guilty, no doubt in my mind.

I think they both deserve each other. One is a bigger fool than the other.

She needs to keep JB.

His track record of getting the accused child murderers he defends convicted is exactly what she deserves.

It doesn't really seem to matter. She has a mountain of evidence against her. All of the wanting volunteers info, questioning CSI's ability, Questioning the labs, filing to let Def. "experts" watch the autopsy, etc. are smokescreens. When you know your client is caught and done, you put out a million smokescreens and cartoon motions to try and confuse the facts. At the end of the day it will not matter which attorney sets the screens. The evidence will show that she is guilty after a long, expensive wait followed by a sickening trial.

IMHO, JB is delaying the inevitable. It benefits him to get his mug on TV every day. In the long run the publicity should pay financially. The part he forgets is that it will cost him later too. You cannot question all of LE, SA, and the Judges professionalism, ethics and/or abilities without expecting a repeated heavy payback for years to come. The smart attorney plays golf with the judge and buys him drinks. The dumb one takes unimportant decisions the judge makes to appelate court.

Maybe he feels it is worth it as long as he and Gerry Rivers are still BFF.

Who knows?

Pirate, I totally agree with you. I've been saying for weeks she is not getting fair representation.

I voted "not sure" because I don't know all the ramifications. I just don't want a technical issue to result in either an acquittal or a reduced sentence.

From a practical point, how could Casey make a change ? Baez seems to have her completely isolated - no contact with anyone outside his law firm. Who would she talk to about changing attorneys ?

It doesn't really seem to matter. She has a mountain of evidence against her. All of the wanting volunteers info, questioning CSI's ability, Questioning the labs, filing to let Def. "experts" watch the autopsy, etc. are smokescreens. When you know your client is caught and done, you put out a million smokescreens and cartoon motions to try and confuse the facts. At the end of the day it will not matter which attorney sets the screens. The evidence will show that she is guilty after a long, expensive wait followed by a sickening trial.

IMHO, JB is delaying the inevitable. It benefits him to get his mug on TV every day. In the long run the publicity should pay financially. The part he forgets is that it will cost him later too. You cannot question all of LE, SA, and the Judges professionalism, ethics and/or abilities without expecting a repeated heavy payback for years to come. The smart attorney plays golf with the judge and buys him drinks. The dumb one takes unimportant decisions the judge makes to appelate court.
Maybe he feels it is worth it as long as he and Gerry Rivers are still BFF.

Who knows?

Personally, I'd prefer to have an attorney that is more concerned about preserving my rights than becoming golf buddies with the judge. And in any event, I think JB has been quite respectful of the Judge and handled himself well in court proceedings.

I don't think he has enough experience to try this case. He seems more concerned with talking to the media. I have never heard of a defense attorney trying to replace the prosecution. I feel he is holding up the burial of Caylee. I heard this case may not start untill next year. If I'm in jail waiting for my trial to start and I'm innocent I'm going to want this trial to start quickly so I can get out after I'm found not guilty. Why isn't Casey thinking about that? I know because she's guilty.

I voted yes because I feel in my heart that defending Casey is not why he is on the case. I feel that he see's this as his meal ticket to life, and exactly what he needs to make himself known to this world. I do not think he has her best interest at heart, not whatsoever.
I would much prefer someone who comes into to this case with the SOLE purpose of upholding the constitution..not someone who is only out for themselves.
I know in my heart she is guilty, and I know that leaving Baez will get her convicted quickly, however, I don't want there to be any basis for an appeal down the road.
I honestly think she needs a new attorney who will advice her of exactly what she is facing, and to be honest with her about her options.. Baez, IMHO is not doing that.

I voted "Don't care" because I don't really think it will matter much either way. JB is a poor excuse for a defense attorney and I'm sure there will be an automatic appeal on the grounds of inadequate counsel. However, if she fires him, she might actually get someone who knows what their doing.

I don't think JB has enough experience for this case, but he does have LKB working with him. Of course she didn't fair much better blathering away in court Friday. I know she is a big time attorney, but I have been soooooooooo un-impressed by what I've seen of her so far and you'd think she'd be guiding JB better. :confused:

I don't know, I think KC likes having JB, she's got him cow tied and she likes it that way. I don't think she wants to be bothered charming/hypnotizing another attorney. And I wonder if a good attorney would put up with her? Look at MNJ bailing as the A's attorney. If KC got a really good ethical attorney that expected her to listen to him, instead of the other way around, I doubt he'd last long.

I don't want her to get an appeal just because he's inept!

That in tiself is why I want to see new counsel....He is definitely inept and full of it....<which does NOT make for a good combination when youre hiring a professional>

Personally, I'd prefer to have an attorney that is more concerned about preserving my rights than becoming golf buddies with the judge. And in any event, I think JB has been quite respectful of the Judge and handled himself well in court proceedings.

My point is that it does his career no good to alienate the judge and the whole legal system. He will suffer for years to come because of it.

Handled himself well? Maybe you and I have been watching different cases. I will say that I am not an attorney and have never needed one so my scope is limited. I can say that I am familiar with the English language and public speaking. In my job I hear many Fortune 500 CEO's speak. They are fluent and do not start every other sentence with "Umm".

I also follow many cases. The judge seldom has to walk the attorney through how to properly file motions. Other attorneys media statements are clear and concise. Not bellicose and obtuse. I am also not sure if I have ever heard another attorney giving a press conference where he whines about treatment received from everyone involved in the judicial or enforcement communities. It is all just a smokescreen to try and take the focus away from a heinous crime and overwhelming evidence. Give me Mr. Nejame anytime over Mr. Baez.

Cheers y'all

KC & JB are two of a kind and deserve each other, but he has no clue how to defend her. I do not want her case thrown out or a new trial due to his stupidity. The whole defense is a circus.
Agreed! Agreed! Agreed!:clap::clap::clap:

My point is that it does his career no good to alienate the judge and the whole legal system. He will suffer for years to come because of it.

SNIP

Snipped by me

I don't think he cares who he alienates because he doesn't intend to actually practice law, locally, after Casey's trial. I believe he thinks he will be able to catapult himself either into a Geraldo, Nancy Grace role or onto another high profile defense team. Realistic ? I don't think so.

I don't think JB has enough experience for this case, but he does have LKB working with him. Of course she didn't fair much better blathering away in court Friday. I know she is a big time attorney, but I have been soooooooooo un-impressed by what I've seen of her so far and you'd think she'd be guiding JB better. :confused:

I don't know, I think KC likes having JB, she's got him cow tied and she likes it that way. I don't think she wants to be bothered charming/hypnotizing another attorney. And I wonder if a good attorney would put up with her? Look at MNJ bailing as the A's attorney. If KC got a really good ethical attorney that expected her to listen to him, instead of the other way around, I doubt he'd last long.

Agree, completely. Unless JB is "removed" from the case, I don't see KC removing him. They're birds of a feather. KC has JB right where she wants him. JB has KC where he wants her too, it's "mutually beneficial" for them at this point. LKB, don't really care for her, but she has experience & that keeps KC from later saying "ineffective counsel", or similar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back