Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Capri

Reaction score
Should Caylee's public memorial be broadcast? (**edited to clarify)

<<FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.

The sanctuary can hold up to five thousand guests and is pre-wired for video>>

Since it appears the location of the public memorial was chosen with it being "pre-wired for video" in mind, I am assuming it is intended to be broadcast.

How do you feel about this?

I think the question should be "Should the As be allowed to profit from the memorial?" I don't mind it being televised, but only if the money they get for the media rights is given to a reputable charity like TES and I doubt very much that that is the plan.

I think the question should be "Should the As be allowed to profit from the memorial?" I don't mind it being televised, but only if the money they get for the media rights is given to a reputable charity like TES and I doubt very much that that is the plan.

:clap::clap::clap:

My opinion exactly.

I won't be surprised if there will be an "opportunity" for memorial goers to make "donations" to KidFinders in return for Caylee memorbilia. :furious:

:clap::clap::clap:

My opinion exactly.

I won't be surprised if there will be an "opportunity" for memorial goers to make "donations" to KidFinders in return for Caylee memorbilia.
:furious:

Nor will I. In fact, I think the new bracelets were made for that very purpose. I really think it is wrong for the As to continue to ask for donations now to a "Help find Caylee" fund, when we all know she has been found. In fact, on the "Thank you" tab for Caylee's website, not ONE person is thanked, not TM, not RK, not TES, not LE, not the public, no one! But they do ask for donations on that page.

NO!!!!! Caylee's memorial service should absolutely not be videotaped!!! Media members should be welcome to attend, but no pictures, no note taking. If they feel compelled to report on what went on at the service, they can do so from memory. Why? Because if they are attending Caylee's service, it should be to grieve and mourn and pay their respects to Caylee - not to ride the Caylee circus frenzy.

I would love to attend Caylee's service. Unfortunately, I can not. I can easily put aside my own selfishness, out of respect for Caylee and my desire to see her treated with dignity. I can pay my respects to her sweet memory in many ways - by sitting in a park here in the town where I live, and looking at pictures of her, or just thinking of her and of life, reading poetry, praying in my own unique way.

The cost to Caylee's dignity is too great for her memorial service to be televised with the circus that would inevitably surround it. There is nothing about my desire or need to attend or watch her service that warrants that cost.

Caylee has been disrespected far more than enough. It needs to stop.

MOO

No. I don't think they should broadcast Caylee's funeral for any reason. It should be private.

I further do not think Casey should be allowed a video conference to "attend" either. (I think JB may try to video tape it and show it to her later...but then that could lead to someone selling it to the highest bidder later, imo.)

I dont mind if the already-public memorial is televised. But the private family funeral should be private.

I don't mind the televised part, if you think about it this whole nation has been affected by Caylee and it will give some closure.

I don't want it to be a 3 ring circus...

OTOH, it could make it harder to find jurors...

I dont mind if the already-public memorial is televised. But the private family funeral should be private.

my thought too.....

Isn't the media simply free to film a "pubic' memorial ?? I doubt CA has anything to say about that, or could even collect any monies.

I don't believe any "funeral' arrangements have been made yet.

Sure let's hold it under a big top, we can have vendors selling food and Caylee tokens....the family can all ride into the center ring and get out of a clown car. Casey should be allowed to watch and we can all see her reaction on the jumbo tron in the corner. Where in the hell did morals and common sense go with this case???????????????????????

They should keep it quiet and under wraps. No spectacle. I find it tacky that they would think of videotaping this...it's not a freaking wedding, it's a memorial service.

Just another act to the circus.

No. I don't think they should broadcast Caylee's funeral for any reason. It should be private.

I further do not think Casey should be allowed a video conference to "attend" either. (I think JB may try to video tape it and show it to her later...but then that could lead to someone selling it to the highest bidder later, imo.)

I thought I heard on one the shows, can't remember which one now, that Casey will be able to see the memorial via video. I don't know if was supposed to be in 'real time' or viewed later.

Is the jail set up with internet where a lawyer could access the funeral via the net on his laptop?

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to read "Should Caylee's Public Memorial Be Televised?"

In my opinion, a funeral is quite different than a memorial. Plus since there is discussion about there being both a public and a private memorial service, it is a bit confusing as to which service is being discussed here. :blowkiss:

Personally, I don't see a well known Church who already broadcasts a Sunday Service, allowing money to change hands with the media for the purpose of sharing this Memorial with those around the Nation who loved her and can't be there. The Anthony's don't own this church, and the Pastor has already stated that the Memorial is for the purpose of facilitating the Healing Process for everyone that has become involved, in some way, in the loss of such a precious life. I do not see any indication that the Church is organizing this service as any sort of a money making venture.

I have watched many televised Memorial Services over the years, and there was no hue or outcry at any time because a Memorial Service of a celebrity, or politician was broadcast around the world. Yes, if Caylee's Public Memorial is televised my Family will watch and pay our respects to Caylee. No, I don't feel this demeans her memory in any way. If there was a local service here we would attend, but many of us are far, far, away from The Land of Sunshine so this will be the only opportunity of this kind to be able to participate in some sort of tribute to the memory of a little girl who brought so many people together.

Again, simply my 1.9 cents on the issue ;)

<<FOX 35 has learned that behind the scenes, Cindy has been busy making preparations for a public memorial, tentatively scheduled for February 10 at the First Baptist Church of Orlando.

The sanctuary can hold up to five thousand guests and is pre-wired for video>>

Since it appears the location of the funeral was chosen with it being "pre-wired for video" in mind, I am assuming it is intended to be broadcast.

How do you feel about this?

Cindy is making plans for a "pubic memorial"......I think with "freedom of the press", they don't need any permisson to film 'pubic events'.

Why a poll on the funeral, that we have NO information about ??

Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to read "Should Caylee's Public Memorial Be Televised?"

In my opinion, a funeral is quite different than a memorial. Plus since there is discussion about there being both a public and a private memorial service, it is a bit confusing as to which service is being discussed here. :blowkiss:

Personally, I don't see a well known Church who already broadcasts a Sunday Service, allowing money to change hands with the media for the purpose of sharing this Memorial with those around the Nation who loved her and can't be there. The Anthony's don't own this church, and the Pastor has already stated that the Memorial is for the purpose of facilitating the Healing Process for everyone that has become involved, in some way, in the loss of such a precious life. I do not see any indication that the Church is organizing this service as any sort of a money making venture.

I have watched many televised Memorial Services over the years, and there was no hue or outcry at any time because a Memorial Service of a celebrity, or politician was broadcast around the world. Yes, if her Memorial is televised my Family will watch and pay our respects to Caylee. No, I don't feel this demeans her memory in any way. If there was a local service here we would attend, but many of us are far, far, away from The Land of Sunshine so this will be the only opportunity of this kind to be able to participate in some sort of tribute to the memory of a little girl who brought so many people together.

Again, simply my 1.9 cents on the issue ;)

You know one of the things that I remember about Princess Dianna's funeral was the silence from the media. If the service is broadcast, I hope that silence will be replicated.

If someone films the funeral will they have exclusive rights the way Inside Edition did to Anna Nicole's funeral?

Besides money there are questions of bias in reporting that seem to go along with "exlusives"...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back