Lee's Handwritten List of Receipts from Casey's Purse

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeTheMiracle

Reaction score
Lee confiscated all the receipts that were in Casey's purse on July 14th, 2008. He made a list of them for LE....why didn't he just give LE the receipts? Lee claims all the receipts were found in chronological order, which was strange for his sister. Notice that on the list are two different credit card purchases made at JC Penney's. These charges had to have been made with Cindy's credit card. I am wondering if Casey went to Penney's and bought another Pooh blanket and/or laundry bag to replace the ones missing from Caylee's room? If so, then that means Casey used Cindy's stolen credit card to replace the items in which Caylee was buried. That is just awful.

LeeReceipts01.jpg

LeeReceipts02.jpg

I was also thinking I could line up the purchases with the cell phone pings. I don't have time right now, but maybe some other enterprising member does?

(Just a side note, we have a Members Only Room set up for the lady who took the garbage from the Anthonys. She has promised us she will post pics and/or reveal the contents of the bag. We are sitting on pins and needles right now waiting to hear what threads were printed out from WS, among other finds. She did post a list of Caylee's "firsts" that she found in the bag, crumpled up and thrown away. )

Thank you for posting this. I had seen this a couple of days ago and wondered about the JC Penney and Target at Fashion Square purchases. I wanted to go and check the dates that George said he was working at Fashion Square against these receipts and never got around to it.
Thanks for reminding me!

I vaguely recall that LE was not interested in the receipts.

I could be - and most probably am - wrong though. Smart and helpful of Lee to write them out though, assuming he didn't omit anything.

Lee confiscated all the receipts that were in Casey's purse on July 14th, 2008. He made a list of them for LE....why didn't he just give LE the receipts? Lee claims all the receipts were found in chronological order, which was strange for his sister. Notice that on the list are two different credit card purchases made at JC Penney's. These charges had to have been made with Cindy's credit card. I am wondering if Casey went to Penney's and bought another Pooh blanket and/or laundry bag to replace the ones missing from Caylee's room? If so, then that means Casey used Cindy's stolen credit card to replace the items in which Caylee was buried. That is just awful.

LeeReceipts01.jpg

LeeReceipts02.jpg

I was also thinking I could line up the purchases with the cell phone pings. I don't have time right now, but maybe some other enterprising member does?

(Just a side note, we have a Members Only Room set up for the lady who took the garbage from the Anthonys. She has promised us she will post pics and/or reveal the contents of the bag. We are sitting on pins and needles right now waiting to hear what threads were printed out from WS, among other finds. She did post a list of Caylee's "firsts" that she found in the bag, crumpled up and thrown away. )

BeTheMiracle, thanks for posting this. I was thinking maybe LA knew the OCSO would take those receipts into evidence, so I'm feeling as though he handwrote these for his own backup. You would have thought he'd just make copies of them all, since they all probably have the corresponding tele #'s to each store, time & date, and sku including very brief description. I'll even bet he wrote these while the LE was talking to their whole family. It really bothers me that if he was copying the receipts because he was questioning his sister, then why didn't he write down the corresponding descriptions? If the receipts only showed skus, all he would have to do is go to that store and ask them to check the description for those skus...heck, he could call it in for that matter! Maybe the date of 7/29 is the date he turned it over to LE? What say you?

I don't understand why LE would except this hand written list. I would think that they would want the originals. That just seems extremely odd IMO.

LeeReceipts01.jpg

LeeReceipts02.jpg

I'm not sure how to get to the Members Only Room--could you help me?

I don't understand why LE would except this hand written list. I would think that they would want the originals. That just seems extremely odd IMO.

Yeah, to me too. Maybe he was doing his own investigating...that's what I'm leaning towards. I faintly remember something about some receipts found in KC's room by LA. Maybe this is his way of noting them all b/c he was bothered by them all? Maybe the date is the day these particular receipts were turned over to the OCSO? I remember it being reported that CA would not release her cc statements to the OCSO. Have we found this to be fact yet? If so, shouldn't LE be able to get those records legally?

LeeReceipts01.jpg

LeeReceipts02.jpg

Could you please tell us where the Members Only Room is??? Can you provide a link? :rolleyes:

Do I remember correctly that LA turned these actual receipts over to Baez? If so, has LE gotten them from Baez?

In CA's interview she skirted the question about the CC receipts by saying there was "nothing on there" IIRC? I wonder would LE be able to supeona her CC statements if neccessary?

OT I can't read his writing very well. It looks like chicken scratch to me.

Click the link in my sig, that will take you to our forum.....you'll have to either log in, or register, registration is automatic, so it only takes a second.....once you are registered, the Members Only Room will appear for you, right at the top of the forum!

I'm not sure why LE wouldn't want the actual receipts, and why would they just take Lee's word for it? Lee and Casey were conspiring to keep info from LE, so I don't know why he would "provide" the cops with this. Of course maybe at the time, Lee didn't know what was going on. I don't know.

I don't think LE would have any problem getting credit statements but cash receipts might be another story unless they knew where her shopping sprees took her.

Do I remember correctly that LA turned these actual receipts over to Baez? If so, has LE gotten them from Baez?

In CA's interview she skirted the question about the CC receipts by saying there was "nothing on there" IIRC? I wonder would LE be able to supeona her CC statements if neccessary?

Yes, I believe you are correct. Jose took the receipts. :doh: We have not been told whether or not LE has gotten them from Baez. IIRC, Lee also said that a receipt from JCPenney for the 27th of June (I believe that was the date) was not accounted for.

Here's the thing. Casey has said that Zanny had a key to the house. Therefore, anything that is missing from the house could still be tied to Zanny, and Casey could still claim that Zanny snuck into the Anthony home, took Caylee's things, then killed her and tried to frame Casey by using the Pooh blanket and the laundry bag from the Anthony home.

However, if Casey purchased the missing items to replace them, (so Cindy wouldn't notice they were missing,) then that shoots Casey's "Zanny framed me," story all to bits.

And yes, Baez is said to have the original receipts from Casey's purse.

And Cindy wouldn't turn over the JC Penney statement to the police. I wonder why?

Click the link in my sig, that will take you to our forum.....you'll have to either log in, or register, registration is automatic, so it only takes a second.....once you are registered, the Members Only Room will appear for you, right at the top of the forum!

I'm not sure why LE wouldn't want the actual receipts, and why would they just take Lee's word for it? Lee and Casey were conspiring to keep info from LE, so I don't know why he would "provide" the cops with this. Of course maybe at the time, Lee didn't know what was going on. I don't know.

Thanks for the info BeTheMiracle:) I registered but cannot see the Members Only Room. Am I missing it? I see the others. TIA.

I don't think Baez has to turn those receipts over to LE. Am I right or wrong on that point? If this list is what LA gave to LE, with no details at all of what was purchased, then no wonder he needs immunity! :furious:

I don't think Baez has to turn those receipts over to LE. Am I right or wrong on that point? If this list is what LA gave to LE, with no details at all of what was purchased, then no wonder he needs immunity! :furious:

I think if Baez enters them as evidence to the court, then the prosecution gets them too.

bold me
YES, I too remember that, I think it was in one of Lee's statements to LE, Baez has those receipts, don't think LE can get them back since Baez was representing Casey at that time.
I believe Lee was asked to write down for LE, what the purchases where on those receipts, that he remembered and I think that is what we are seeing.
Because Baez has the receipts is probably why LE asked Cindy for her JCPenny statement..I would assume LE got those statements by way of subpeona.
JMO

Thanks for the info BeTheMiracle:) I registered but cannot see the Members Only Room. Am I missing it? I see the others. TIA.

Hi Lil Miss, I just figured this out myself - after you register, you still have to log in, so click on the Log In button towards the top, and type in your log-in name and password. then you'll see it!

The Members Only Room is at the very top, and the garbage thread is called, "Q&A with MaddiesGram"

Nosey, you could be right....and that is only ONE of the reasons Lee needs immunity.

Here's the thing. Casey has said that Zanny had a key to the house. Therefore, anything that is missing from the house could still be tied to Zanny, and Casey could still claim that Zanny snuck into the Anthony home, took Caylee's things, then killed her and tried to frame Casey by using the Pooh blanket and the laundry bag from the Anthony home.

However, if Casey purchased the missing items to replace them, (so Cindy wouldn't notice they were missing,) then that shoots Casey's "Zanny framed me," story all to bits.

And yes, Baez is said to have the original receipts from Casey's purse.

And Cindy wouldn't turn over the JC Penney statement to the police. I wonder why?

That Winnie the Pooh bedding set was sold as an exclusive item, exclusive to Target stores. It was only available in that pattern at Target. Also, Target discontinued that particular set in 2007. If KC replaced the bedding set at JC Penney it wouldn't match the one that was missing and CA would have noticed the difference.

LA refers to these receipts in his interview with LE. He does state that he turned them over to Baez. When he got them back the JCP receipt from the 27th of June was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk