Where Should Boulder Police Start?

Maikai

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Assuming this will be an objective investigation, what has to be done to get the investigation going again, in the right direction? Some thoughts:

l) Review the hundreds of tips right in the beginning. Many were discarded without a second look.....the answer may be in one of those discarded tips.

2) Retest evidence for DNA that may have been missed.

3) Review the Michael Helgoth suicide and evidence found around him. Do the dog/wolf hairs found on JBR really match those of the wolfhounds Helgoth had?

4) Review violent crimes and evidence taken from them prior to l2/26/1996.

5) Develop a psychological profile assuming it was a kidnapping gone bad by an amateur...perhaps other profiles based on motive, and analyze which are most plausible.

Back to the very start........I guess from the dinner party ,on.......

I always wondered how many prints were on the duct tape.......I know JR
pulled it off, but was PR's on it also?

They should start where you always start: from the beginning.

And frankly, they shouldn't develop ANYTHING based on an assumption.

Assuming this will be an objective investigation, what has to be done to get the investigation going again, in the right direction? Some thoughts:

l) Review the hundreds of tips right in the beginning. Many were discarded without a second look.....the answer may be in one of those discarded tips.

2) Retest evidence for DNA that may have been missed.

3) Review the Michael Helgoth suicide and evidence found around him. Do the dog/wolf hairs found on JBR really match those of the wolfhounds Helgoth had?

4) Review violent crimes and evidence taken from them prior to l2/26/1996.

5) Develop a psychological profile assuming it was a kidnapping gone bad by an amateur...perhaps other profiles based on motive, and analyze which are most plausible.

I agree with all the above. I'm not familiar with touch DNA, but I do wonder whether it can be ran through CODIS.

They should start where you always start: from the beginning.

And frankly, they shouldn't develop ANYTHING based on an assumption.

The beginning would be the 911 Call.......to me, a very critical piece of evidence and I do hope that there have been major improvements to the enhancement process so that the reports of three voices on that tape can be validated.

Reinterview Burke for starters. He wasn't asleep--and he was definitely old enough at the time for him to remember whatever he heard/saw. He's hasn't been allowed/encouraged to talk about this incident at all.

Reinterview Burke for starters. He wasn't asleep--and he was definitely old enough at the time for him to remember whatever he heard/saw. He's hasn't been allowed/encouraged to talk about this incident at all.

Great idea, of course, but he'll never be allowed to talk to police. As he is not a suspect, if for no other reason than he was under age 10 at the time, he can't be compelled to talk to them. His father will never allow it. Nor will his lawyer.
Yes, he does know more than he has said- he has said virtually nothing anyway. But as I said, if he has asked his parent(s) about that night, he may have been told things happened differently than what they actually did. And because he was young, kids tend to remember events they way they are told they happened rather than the way they actually happened.
If it does turn out that the killing was committed by BR, I fear this new investigation will run into a brick wall. Because he was under 10 at the time, under Colorado law, he can't be charged (even today) even if he did commit the crime.

I agree with RR, they should start with that 911 call...and then go to that War and Peace Ransom note, next.

the warehouse full of evidence never tested.

Was just wondering.................

can/will they exhume the body now?

Was just wondering.................

can/will they exhume the body now?

Gosh, I sure hope so.

Off topic...I saw a picture of a little girl that had died from a respiratory infection back in 1920...and she had been buried in the Catacoms...(I know that is not spelled right) with mummies, that had died hundreds of years before her. ANYWAY...I have NO idea how this happened, but it looked as if she had been placed in the coffin just yesterday. Very eery. I checked it out on snopes.com I will try and find the link to post here. How does this related to JB? I wonder IF this little girl was so well preserved for almost 100 years, then maybe JB may be as well. Maybe it had something to do with the little girl being buried in a cave, instead of the ground. It was very weird.

Here is one article about it..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...packed-with-mummies-pictures-115875-21082253/

I hope they do too,I can't wait for them to finally be able to prove to Lou S. that those AREN'T stun gun marks! :)

I hope they do too,I can't wait for them to finally be able to prove to Lou S. that those AREN'T stun gun marks! :)

I just hope that she is preserved well enough, to be able to get new evidence.

must have been the fact she was in a cave though,as I recall Deedee posting that JB's body would not be very well-preserved after 12 yrs.hopefully,it would still be worth a try,though.what have they got to lose?I think they should at least try.

must have been the fact she was in a cave though,as I recall Deedee posting that JB's body would not be very well-preserved after 12 yrs.hopefully,it would still be worth a try,though.what have they got to lose?I think they should at least try.

I agree. John will say that he doesn't want anyone to disturb her peace, so he won't agree to it. They will have to go over his head...which they will...if HE becomes a suspect again.

I agree they should try. But I am pretty certain there would be not much soft tissue left. The fact that the cave you mention contained mummies (either naturally occurring or as a result of mummification embalming) means that the cave was dry. Look at the ancients of Egypt. They are remarkably well-preserved, to the extent of extracting DNA from some, after thousands of years. But the climate of Egypt is not like Atlanta. Moisture is what wrecks havoc on bodies. JBR is buried in Atlanta (a humid, warmer clime) and burial in the earth is different than a cave burial. The study of forensic entomology explains just how quickly a body buried in soil is returned to the elements. Coffins are not vacuums. They are not airtight. Rainwater will get in. Concrete grave lines can crack with the shifting of the soil that occurs with temperature change.

I dont believe there would be much left at this point. Also highly doubt that the tissue containing the "stun gun" marks would be in good enough condition to make any kind of definitive decision regarding the marks. In my opinion, considering the other evidence that exists, these marks arent all that big of an issue.. probably more important to consider the fact that there is no evidence to indicate that anyone else was present that night, IMO.

I would really like to see them test all possible (male) innocent sources,to try and find a match for the dna.All playmates JB had recently,ppl who had been in the home,kids that were at the White's that evening..and so on and so forth.Even instructors where Patsy took the art class,since it could have come from the paintbrush handle.

I agree they should try. But I am pretty certain there would be not much soft tissue left. The fact that the cave you mention contained mummies (either naturally occurring or as a result of mummification embalming) means that the cave was dry. Look at the ancients of Egypt. They are remarkably well-preserved, to the extent of extracting DNA from some, after thousands of years. But the climate of Egypt is not like Atlanta. Moisture is what wrecks havoc on bodies. JBR is buried in Atlanta (a humid, warmer clime) and burial in the earth is different than a cave burial. The study of forensic entomology explains just how quickly a body buried in soil is returned to the elements. Coffins are not vacuums. They are not airtight. Rainwater will get in. Concrete grave lines can crack with the shifting of the soil that occurs with temperature change.
o/t a bit,but since we're talking about it,I'm sure you would agree;there really is no earthly explanation for the incorrupt bodies of the Saints.
If JR is worried that JB will be that well-preserved,although she was an innocent child,she was not a Saint.
Perhaps more interesting than exhuming her would be JR's reaction to it,should they decide to give it a try.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back