Beware the Cash4Gold scam

I have seen those commercials many times and have not changed my thought about them. Ed McMahan (sp?) really needs to find another way to pay off his debts. Dork. That being.... WTH would *anyone* take what gold they own, place it in some plastic envelope, and mail it to some melting company for a check???? Is it me? Maybe I am suffering from a small moment of clarity today, but to reply to some goofy advertisement who wants your gold and they'll send you a check that *they* decide it's worth after the fact seems waaaay hinky to me. Ummm, DUH! I cannot feel bad for any person who decides to use such a scam. This is *your* gold/jewelry and it's free to walk into a bonafide appraiser for true value. And, you do not have to mail it all in a "free" (vomit) plastic bag to who knows where.

I cannot believe how many may fall victim to this.

I have seen those commercials many times and have not changed my thought about them. Ed McMahan (sp?) really needs to find another way to pay off his debts. Dork. That being.... WTH would *anyone* take what gold they own, place it in some plastic envelope, and mail it to some melting company for a check???? Is it me? Maybe I am suffering from a small moment of clarity today, but to reply to some goofy advertisement who wants your gold and they'll send you a check that *they* decide it's worth after the fact seems waaaay hinky to me. Ummm, DUH! I cannot feel bad for any person who decides to use such a scam. This is *your* gold/jewelry and it's free to walk into a bonafide appraiser for true value. And, you do not have to mail it all in a "free" (vomit) plastic bag to who knows where.

I cannot believe how many may fall victim to this.

Who would do it? Someone who has stolen the jewelry to begin with and will be satisfied with any amount they can get. This leaves the real victim with no chance to ever recover stolen items.

Who would do it? Someone who has stolen the jewelry to begin with and will be satisfied with any amount they can get. This leaves the real victim with no chance to ever recover stolen items.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yes, Annie, that is exactly who would do it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back