2009.02.07 Today's Current News - ***NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE ***

Angel Who Cares

If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall
Reaction score
TODAY'S CURRENT NEWS - February 07, 2009. **NO DISCUSSIONS HERE PLEASE **

Mystery spokesman in Casey Anthony case baffles legal experts: Will he help or hurt?
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
February 7, 2009

<snipped>
Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, did not respond to multiple requests for a comment.
It's a curious element to the case for legal experts such as Bob Jarvis, a professor at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale who teaches legal ethics and law and popular culture.
"I don't know why you would ever have anyone on your team, whether it's attorneys, paralegals, spokespeople . . . who was tainted.
"Because the last thing you need is to introduce more distractions and make your client's case more of a circus than it already is," Jarvis said.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-casey0709feb07,0,7214847.story

Caylee Anthony service to feature sad song, heavy security
posted by halboedeker on Feb 6, 2009 5:30:00 PM

<snipped>
Conway had few details on the service. But WFTV-Channel 9's Kathi Belich reported that Conway said that it could last two hours and "we will hear one song that will break all of our hearts, and he won't tell us what it is."
Conway knew few details because Cindy Anthony is keeping the rundown to herself, WESH-Channel 2's Amanda Ober reported. There's a list of people who won't be admitted, Ober said, adding that Conway hinted that bounty hunter Leonard Padilla won't be welcome.

And what of Casey Anthony, who is charged with daughter Caylee's murder? WKMG-Channel 6 Adam Longo reported that no formal request has been made to the jail to see if Casey can watch the televised service. "It [the request] may come today or sometime next week," Longo said.
On that point, WESH anchor Martha Sugalski read a statement from corrections spokesman Allen Moore: "Just because it is allowed under policy doesn't mean that she will be able to view the event on television if a request is made."
WFTV's Belich said of the service, "The Anthonys want Caylee to get the heartfelt goodbye she deserves."

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ight-conway-said-i-dont-want-anybody-dis.html

Casey Anthony case: If she's the Fugitive, that makes Jose Baez ...
posted by halboedeker on Feb 7, 2009 11:25:04 AM

<snipped>
I'm sure there are a lot of David Janssen fans out there going: I knew David Janssen. He was a favorite of mine. Casey Anthony, you're no David Janssen.

The defense team was also comparing Anthony to Sam Sheppard, the Ohio doctor who was convicted of murdering his wife. Sheppard's case is often cited as the inspiration for "The Fugitive."
So if Anthony is like Sheppard, does that mean her attorney Jose Baez is like ... F. Lee Bailey? In 1966, Bailey gained a reversal in the murder verdict against Sheppard.

Absurd, right? Once these comparisons start, where do they stop?

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...s-the-fugitive-then-that-makes-jose-baez.html

Padilla Not Invited To Caylee Memorial
Saturday, February 07, 2009 2:44:50 PM

<snipped>
When News 13 asked why Cindy Anthony would not want Padilla there, he replied, "It's a battle of the titans. She figures it's Cindy's memorial, not Caylee's, so she can invite and disinvite who she wants. If she wants to disinvite me, I've got no problem with that."

"I'll probably be over on Suburban [Drive], at that particular location, and pay my respects there to Caylee," Padilla said, referring to the spot where Caylee's remains were discovered in December.

Padilla &#8220;Disinvited&#8221;: VIDEO
http://www.cfnews13.com/MediaPlayer...at=CAC&title=Padilla &#8220;Disinvited&#8221;

Article:
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/7/padilla_not_invited_to_caylee_memorial.html

ORLANDO, Florida (CNN) -- Caylee Anthony's remains have been released but won't be at Tuesday's public memorial service for the slain toddler, an attorney for the family said.

art.cqcaylee.jpg
Caylee Anthony, 2, was missing for six months before her remains were found.

The remains had been kept for forensic tests since they were found in early December in woods about a mile from the home of the slain child's grandparents in Orlando, Florida.
Caylee had been missing for about six months before the discovery.
The remains are at the Bryant Funeral and Cremation Chapel in Orlando. The toddler's grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, have not yet decided when Caylee's private funeral and burial will take place, according to family attorney Brad Conway.
The public memorial service is scheduled to begin Tuesday at 10 a.m. at the First Baptist Church of Orlando, the city's largest mega-church. Her grandparents are expected to attend, Conway said.

Caylee's remains won't be at memorial service

IN HER OWN WORDS: Cindy Anthony says Caylee 'will be watching over so many other children'
February 8, 2009

<snipped>
Cindy Anthony wrote this eulogy to her slain granddaughter Caylee Marie Anthony for publication in the Orlando Sentinel &#8212; her first public comments since the toddler's death was confirmed in December. A public memorial service is Tuesday.

<snipped respectfully>
Caylee Marie Anthony has captivated the hearts of so many people over the course of the last several months. Many feel a great loss for a beautiful child that they never had the opportunity to meet. They quickly fell in love with her beauty and her charming ways, as she read a story to her ailing great-grandfather, whom she loved very much.

For those who fell in love with Caylee Marie on national TV, their grief is only temporary, their hearts will soon mend, and their memory of her may eventually fade. But for those who actually had the honor to meet Caylee Marie, it will be much more difficult for them to say goodbye, and their hearts may never heal.

Caylee's life may have been short-lived on this earth, but her life will not have ended without a purpose. She will be sadly missed but never forgotten. Caylee Marie Anthony now has her angel wings and will be watching over so many other children.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/serv...onday/orl-cayleeobit0809feb08,0,6952778.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back