Update on Shoplifting Dog

That is too cute... I am glad that her family made the dog responsible for her actions. LoL

I think her parents should be charged with neglect. Where did they think she was for all that time? Who knows, maybe she had an abused childhood that caused her to be a criminal.

No, really it does bother me that she was able to leave home for that long. I hope they'll try to work on another way of keeping her in the yard. Maybe getting an actual fence and keep her in the back.

She was a cutie and so smart.

I was in the break room at work one day with a coworker. Had my Beagle Tater with me (avatar, he's passed away now) and he was nosing in Susan's purse. She had some medication in there in a green bottle and I teasingly said "Go for the green stuff Tater". Well he came strolling over with a DOLLAR BILL in his mouth! GOOD DOG! GET MORE!! :laugh:

Tater is a cutie. My dog will nosey around in my purse until he finds gum. He only likes the Polar Ice kind. I have to be really careful or he'll get it, hide and chew the whole pack.

Wonder if this little K-9 criminal in the article has been to Pet-Smart? She could pick out her own rawhide bone and not be in trouble there.

Can't watch the video at work (restrictions)...can anyone tell me how the dog "made up" for her "shoplifting"? Was it her owners who paid for the bone? If it was any other form of reparation, that's just silly...it's a dog! =)

Her owners took her back to the store, let her pick out another bone and then paid for it twice to make up for the one she stole.

I'm still worried how this dog could have traveled that far by herself. I hope they get a better fence (I don't like the electric ones anyway. The animal gets shocked if it leaves the yard but what keeps another animal from coming in the yard to harm it???)

We used to have a dog that was the famous "fence jumper" in the neighborhood...she cleared 8 Ft. wooden fences we installed...lol!!! Siberian Husky, though.....they could put her on a run-thingie, but it would have to be far enough away from the fence to prevent her from hanging herself =(

That's cute that they let her pick out another bone....and paid for the other one...very cute. I was wondering what the in the heck the owners could have done to make the dog "right" her "wrong". lol!

Thanks, Lizzybeth =)

I know, I know, but the video was just too cute.

This dog not only knew the way to the store, he was able to "travel" many obstacles to get there.

Mind you a dog loose could cause many problems for the dog.

But I liked it when they asked employees to identify the dog. Yup, that's him and the owner said we usually put shoplifters in handcuffs, but we only have one pair.

Amazing dog, very, very smart. Knew what he wanted and went after it.......

I love this dog and his owners! It is such a great story!

When my youngest daughter was about three, she would go grocery shopping with me. We got out to the car after shopping one day and I noticed she had one of her chubby little fists all balled up. I asked her what she had in her hand and she said, "Bubba gum". I knew I had not paid for it so I took her back into the store and made her show it to the cashier. Then I made her put it back and told her that we have to pay for anything we get in the store. She did not get her gum that day because she had just picked it up rather than asking or giving it to the cashier. LOL, she tells her children about this story now. I had told it to her several times as she was growing up.

I wonder if this dog realizes now that he cannot just go to the store for his bones and leave without paying for them? LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back