Can this be used at the trial?

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
CB Tampa posted this in the Things Casey Never Realized Thread and it got me thinking:

"She didn't count on Caylee being found. It was reported that she went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". How did she know it was Caylee? "

We know there was that find at JB Park and we never heard of a reaction like this from Casey.

If Corrections Officers/Clergy witnessed this reaction- and JB reported this to the media, would it be admissible as testimony during the trial?

I know JB won't testify- but could tapes of his words to the media be used?

Can Corrections Officers testify?

Can Corrections Clergy testify? I know as a rule they cannot be compelled to do so. However, this was not a confessional- this was a chaplain notifying her that a body had been found- it had not even been identified at that time.

This reaction, if it was as reported, could really make a mark on the jury.

It screams that she knew it was Caylee.

They should be able to enter in at trial that the jail had to give her a sedative. Can't they use the testimony of the jails physician? Or would that be prohibited by the HIPPA laws? I'm sure they can use CO testimony-I've seen it on TRUTV. Great question-CBT and Pirate!!

Yes, and very often do.

In all fairness, I think we all knew it was Caylee, and even if it was presented at trial, I'm not seeing how it would prove anything? Enlighten me, please.

Even I knew it was Caylee, I don't get it.

They should be able to enter in at trial that the jail had to give her a sedative. Can't they use the testimony of the jails physician? Or would that be prohibited by the HIPPA laws? I'm sure they can use CO testimony-I've seen it on TRUTV. Great question-CBT and Pirate!!

But wouldn't it just be used to say "poor thing, she was devastated at the possibility that it was her daughter. All this time she thought she was alive, but now she is losing hope"

I think the defense would love to show a jury that she actually has emotions.

But wouldn't it just be used to say "poor thing, she was devastated at the possibility that it was her daughter. All this time she thought she was alive, but now she is losing hope"

I think the defense would love to show a jury that she actually has emotions.

Yep-good point!!

I'm sure that the defense would claim she was devasted not only that it could be the tot but that Zanny had done a good job of framing her....after all she is the real victim.

My thinking is she knows there is forensic evidence linking her to the remains.

I recall when this was discussed on NG. Mike Bell said when she learned a body had been found on Suburban she needed a sedative and NG said, "I'll bet she did!"
Are any jail personnel on the witness list?

This is all according to how the news was delivered to her. Time she was found, everyone and their grandmother was saying it was Caylee. LE even called Tim and said they had found her. So there is the argument that her reaction was to being told that they had found Caylee... not that they had found a body and thought it was Caylee.

In all fairness, I think we all knew it was Caylee, and even if it was presented at trial, I'm not seeing how it would prove anything? Enlighten me, please.

There had been a few false alarms before. Supposedly this was the only time she reacted to something being found. Since she knew where the body was none of the other searches or reports of evidence were of any concern to KC.

Casey reacted to the news that remains had been found just off Surburban St, before there was any identification of the remains, and before it was even known if the remains were male or female.

It could be shown that she didn't react to the news that divers brought up something from the Little Econ River, or any of the other reports of bones found...........there were a few discoveries of animal/dog bones.

There had been a few false alarms before. Supposedly this was the only time she reacted to something being found. Since she knew where the body was none of the other searches or reports of evidence were of any concern to KC.
Exactly. The BP search garnered nothing from Casey. She just walked away...

CB Tampa posted this in the Things Casey Never Realized Thread and it got me thinking:

"She didn't count on Caylee being found. It was reported that she went to her knees, ask for a sedative and said "I can't believe this is happening". How did she know it was Caylee? "

We know there was that find at JB Park and we never heard of a reaction like this from Casey.

If Corrections Officers/Clergy witnessed this reaction- and JB reported this to the media, would it be admissible as testimony during the trial?

I know JB won't testify- but could tapes of his words to the media be used?

Can Corrections Officers testify?

Can Corrections Clergy testify? I know as a rule they cannot be compelled to do so. However, this was not a confessional- this was a chaplain notifying her that a body had been found- it had not even been identified at that time.

This reaction, if it was as reported, could really make a mark on the jury.

It screams that she knew it was Caylee.

Hey pirate. Wasn't the actual statement she was quoted as having said "This can't be happening NOW"? It seems I recall that she said the word NOW as part of that statement according to whatever source was quoting her.

To me her reaction is very signifigant in that there was no ID made if it was a female or a male, only that it was a child and where the remains had been located. To me, her going to her knees and requiring sedatives for the next few days means something. It means she KNEW that was Caylee already, without any confirmation of any kind because SHE was the one who placed her in that area. She KNEW. I recall when there was that find in the Little Econ and they told her she would have to go back to her cell, she just stood up and went with no reaction whatsoever. She KNEW then too, that Caylee was not IN the Little Econ...

I feel her reaction is damaging rather than showing her as caring...

I think the point is..while we were watching them pull things out of Little Econ we all thought it was Caylee. There are tons of "missing" kids in Florida, I wasn't 100% sure it was Caylee in those woods. KC knew it was.

NOW I don't know how true this is b/c it was reported by the media, but it was said that when the stuff at JBP was going on KC didn't finch. It was reported that she looked at the TV and walked away.

JMO!

I think the point is..while we were watching them pull things out of Little Econ we all thought it was Caylee. There are tons of "missing" kids in Florida, I wasn't 100% sure it was Caylee in those woods. KC knew it was.

NOW I don't know how true this is b/c it was reported by the media, but it was said that when the stuff at JBP was going on KC didn't finch. It was reported that she looked at the TV and walked away.

JMO!

I guess it depends on how good the defense is at spinning it. Also, if they question the person who heard it and they say "Oh, what she actually said was "My baby, I can't believe my baby is dead. I refuse to believe this is her" then it goes in her favor again.

Understand that I am not disagreeing with you, I am just thinking of how things could go with this defense team.

My reason in asking was very well explained by others- prior finds did not net the same reaction that this one did, according to what we heard.

If it is true that the find in the little econ was met with little reaction or concern while the find at Suburban was met with such a reaction- and a need for sedatives, before it was even confirmed that this body was that of a little girl, let alone that it was Caylee, it is clear that Casey knew that act 1 of her little play was over.

Casey reacted to the news that remains had been found just off Surburban St, before there was any identification of the remains, and before it was even known if the remains were male or female.

It could be shown that she didn't react to the news that divers brought up something from the Little Econ River, or any of the other reports of bones found...........there were a few discoveries of animal/dog bones.

Exactly! If she were innocent...she wouldn't have known FOR SURE that the remains that were found were that of little Caylee, because that was before the identification. When she learned, from watching the news, that something had been pulled from the Little Econ River..she didn't even stick around to find out what it was...she just turned around and left the room. Actions speak louder than her lying words....and that day her actions said.."I don't know or care what they pulled out of the river, because that is not where I put Caylee. I am going back to my jail cell to eat my oatmeal cream pies, and to slather on some more cocoa butter. Because THAT is way more important to me right now."

Hey pirate. Wasn't the actual statement she was quoted as having said "This can't be happening NOW"? It seems I recall that she said the word NOW as part of that statement according to whatever source was quoting her.

To me her reaction is very signifigant in that there was no ID made if it was a female or a male, only that it was a child and where the remains had been located. To me, her going to her knees and requiring sedatives for the next few days means something. It means she KNEW that was Caylee already, without any confirmation of any kind because SHE was the one who placed her in that area. She KNEW. I recall when there was that find in the Little Econ and they told her she would have to go back to her cell, she just stood up and went with no reaction whatsoever. She KNEW then too, that Caylee was not IN the Little Econ...

I feel her reaction is damaging rather than showing her as caring...

The false alarms were not reported so pointedly that they thought it was Caylee, but this was a child's skull, the right size. and the way it was reported was if it was almost certainly Caylee. I felt sure it was Caylee, and I definitely didn't have guilty knowledge.

I don't see how at first Casey would NOT have expected her to be found soon, considering she was so close to the road and to the home.... but after time went by and nothing happened, Casey must have thought the body would never be found. So if she really said "this can't be happening NOW" I do find that significant.

But I am just not sure how effective this will be at trial because the defense could spin that utterance as meaning Casey was devastated and not wanting to accept her daughter was dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back