This one man...

solidarity

Reaction score
As Australia comes to terms with the loss of so many of its own, following a devastating weekend of bushfires, I'd like to share with you the story of this one man.

Like thousands of volunteer firefighters, this selfless man put on his heavy yellow coat before leaving his house, in 47C temperatures, to go fight a wall of fire. During his arduous shift, he was able to save some properties, but most importantly the lives of many strangers.

After 24 hours of fighting those relentless flames, being fanned by 100Kph winds, he returned home for some much deserved rest. When he got there, to his horror, he realised that his own home had been destroyed by the fires...his wife and children still in it!!

Many people lost their lives this weekend, thousands others were left with only what they were wearing as they scrambled for safety...but I sense that this one person needs our prayers more than most. Please take a moment to honour the heroism of this one man, who to save others, lost all he had. May the Lord help him through his recovery.

Prayers from my heart to the heavens for this one man that lost everything dear to him.

I can't imagine this man's devastation. My thoughts are with him. I've been following the stories of the affected people on Google Earth and I'm just overwhemled by the pain of it. Google Earth brings me so close to the towns and villages that are now devastated and it is so unbelievable that these communities are suffering so much. My heart to all of them.

That is so achingly sad. He and all the people suffering through these fires are in my prayers.

This is so very sad. No words can even describe this tragedy.

Oh, how horrible! What a poor man, how devastating. Thoughts, prayers and hugs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back