Stun Gun

Nedthan Johns

Reaction score
Website
www.
Intersting discussion over at Forums for Justice that I wanted to bring over here. I wish Trish would consider a merger of the two forums.

"Guilty
City man convicted of stun gun attack
Troy Sellers Sun-Gazette Staff
It was Mark D. Tanner who lured a 10-year-old girl into a Newberry alley late in 2001 and zapped her three times with a stun gun, a jury in Lycoming County Court ruled Friday.
Tanner, 27, was found guilty of carrying out the vicious attack on the girl, which included counts of kidnapping, aggravated assault and unlawful restraint. Tanner, however, was acquitted on two counts of attempted kidnapping related to an incident in July 2002.
“I think, thankfully, the jury found he didn’t go quite far enough (in the second incident),” Assistant District Attorney Donald F. Martino said. “We stopped him in time.”
That wasn’t the case on Dec. 4, 2001, however, when Tanner spoke to three children in the area of the 800 block of Poplar Street. The man said he needed help finding his dog. A few minutes later, Tanner was alone with the girl, led her down an alley and into a secluded yard, where he tackled her, choked her and zapped her with the stun gun three times.
Tanner wasn’t charged until last year, however, after the incident in the same area. Tanner was accused of approaching two children and asking for their help in finding his daughter. One of the youngsters’ older brother alerted his mother.
Later, neighbors helped police find Tanner, who gave a confession to police. He also showed officers the different points where he met the children and the alley he took the girl into.
In court earlier this week, the three children identified Tanner as the man who approached them. Those identifications or the confession could have stood on their own, Martino said.
“Either one of those two gets us a conviction,” he said. “In this case we had both.”
Testimony covered three days before the jury began deliberations late Thursday. At that point, they informed Judge Kenneth D. Brown they wished to break for the evening.
Friday morning, the jury asked for the definition of attempted kidnapping to be re-read to them. Less than an hour later, they had their verdicts.
Tanner, formerly of 614 Pine St., has been in the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $500,000 bail since his arrest. Brown retained bail at that figure and scheduled sentencing for Oct. 14.
According to Martino, a sentence in the range of 10 to 20 years is possible.
“I think that would be appropriate, given the injuries to (the victim),” he said.
“I’m glad he’s off the street.”
As appearing in Saturday - August 23, 2003 edition of The Sun-Gazette"

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=6796

This is interesting and I would like more information on this case. In regards to where this little girl was stunned. Certainly the abuse was photographed and if Lou is still out there reading the forums, I would hope he would follow up on cases like this to compare photos to JB’s autopsy photos.

We now have 2 accounts of stun guns being used on children age 9,10 neither of which left either uncoincious. In fact if you check the story over at FFJ you will see the 9 year old kept screaming it hurt after the fact.

If JonBenet were in fact stunned 2 times as Smit believes with the intensity that it would have taken to leave the deep impressions and burn marks (as Lou describes them) in her skin, then she certainly was screaming in a lot of pain. No doubt about it. The intruder would have had to hold his hand over her mouth or smother her with something to keep her quiet. There is NO evidence of this. No saliva on JB’s pillow or sheets, blankets indicating this. If the intruder was wearing gloves, where is the evidence of fibers left around JB’s mouth from keeping her quiet?

Nedthan Johns said:
Intersting discussion over at Forums for Justice that I wanted to bring over here. I wish Trish would consider a merger of the two forums.

"Guilty
City man convicted of stun gun attack
Troy Sellers Sun-Gazette Staff
It was Mark D. Tanner who lured a 10-year-old girl into a Newberry alley late in 2001 and zapped her three times with a stun gun, a jury in Lycoming County Court ruled Friday.
Tanner, 27, was found guilty of carrying out the vicious attack on the girl, which included counts of kidnapping, aggravated assault and unlawful restraint. Tanner, however, was acquitted on two counts of attempted kidnapping related to an incident in July 2002.
“I think, thankfully, the jury found he didn’t go quite far enough (in the second incident),” Assistant District Attorney Donald F. Martino said. “We stopped him in time.”
That wasn’t the case on Dec. 4, 2001, however, when Tanner spoke to three children in the area of the 800 block of Poplar Street. The man said he needed help finding his dog. A few minutes later, Tanner was alone with the girl, led her down an alley and into a secluded yard, where he tackled her, choked her and zapped her with the stun gun three times.
Tanner wasn’t charged until last year, however, after the incident in the same area. Tanner was accused of approaching two children and asking for their help in finding his daughter. One of the youngsters’ older brother alerted his mother.
Later, neighbors helped police find Tanner, who gave a confession to police. He also showed officers the different points where he met the children and the alley he took the girl into.
In court earlier this week, the three children identified Tanner as the man who approached them. Those identifications or the confession could have stood on their own, Martino said.
“Either one of those two gets us a conviction,” he said. “In this case we had both.”
Testimony covered three days before the jury began deliberations late Thursday. At that point, they informed Judge Kenneth D. Brown they wished to break for the evening.
Friday morning, the jury asked for the definition of attempted kidnapping to be re-read to them. Less than an hour later, they had their verdicts.
Tanner, formerly of 614 Pine St., has been in the Lycoming County Prison in lieu of $500,000 bail since his arrest. Brown retained bail at that figure and scheduled sentencing for Oct. 14.
According to Martino, a sentence in the range of 10 to 20 years is possible.
“I think that would be appropriate, given the injuries to (the victim),” he said.
“I’m glad he’s off the street.”
As appearing in Saturday - August 23, 2003 edition of The Sun-Gazette"

http://www.sungazette.com/articles.asp?articleID=6796

This is interesting and I would like more information on this case. In regards to where this little girl was stunned. Certainly the abuse was photographed and if Lou is still out there reading the forums, I would hope he would follow up on cases like this to compare photos to JB’s autopsy photos.

We now have 2 accounts of stun guns being used on children age 9,10 neither of which left either uncoincious. In fact if you check the story over at FFJ you will see the 9 year old kept screaming it hurt after the fact.

If JonBenet were in fact stunned 2 times as Smit believes with the intensity that it would have taken to leave the deep impressions and burn marks (as Lou describes them) in her skin, then she certainly was screaming in a lot of pain. No doubt about it. The intruder would have had to hold his hand over her mouth or smother her with something to keep her quiet. There is NO evidence of this. No saliva on JB’s pillow or sheets, blankets indicating this. If the intruder was wearing gloves, where is the evidence of fibers left around JB’s mouth from keeping her quiet?

Super post regarding stunguns +; there's alot of stungun info in the book called "TRANCE formation of American" which is a true story of trauma-induced mind-control on children + FWIW/(for what it's worth) FYI (for your info)...

Nedthan Johns said:

Several years ago when this stun gun theory came out, I talked to an ex-cop who owned a gun shop about the effects of being zapped -- on a child. He was adamant that a kid would scream and scream if zapped. He said JonBenet wasn't stunned. Seems like he was right on the money!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back