Peace-A New Direction

JustJax

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just got home from work and watched the memorial, start to finish.

I know there has been alot of commentary today that disected the eulogies that were delivered today by Lee, George, and Cindy. Personally I was most touched by Lee, I totally lost it when he spoke.

Regardless of any anger or frustration I have harbored for them, I salute them for having it in them to stand up before the nation/world and share thier very raw feelings and emotions with us. Though many may not agree with references to Casey, we have to remember that this family still has alot to deal with in the months and years to come in respect to her actions and the consequences of those actions that will affect them for the rest of thier lives.

Emotionally spent, I thought I would start a thread to discuss what this family can take from this to make them stronger and try to pick up the pieces and do something that may help someone, somewhere, somehow.
They now have a captive audience, so to speak, so maybe they may be open or inspired to take what they have been thru to help others in some way, and in turn, can find some peace and heal.

I believe they will turn to helping others this way Caylee lives on.The negative energy for this family ,could turn into postive energy what a better world this would be.Many families have turned their personal tragedy into helping to change laws,searching for the missing, making a difference.

I believe they will turn to helping others this way Caylee lives on.The negative energy for this family ,could turn into postive energy what a better world this would be.Many families have turned their personal tragedy into helping to change laws,searching for the missing, making a difference.

(mybold)
This is exactly what I was thinking!

I hope you all can find the time and maybe get this thread going. There has been so much negative posting about this grieving family that I thought we could have a thread that could inspire them to take thier pain, live thru it and try to help others, something that can help them get thru what they have ahead of them.
Many of you know that I have had some history with crime/victimization in my family and have met you thru reaching out and trying to understand and help others. It has been a long time since I have been active with you all, I still know what it feels like to need to have that place to reach out to, and to have a hand out to help others.
Tho I have been so pizzeded at this family for some of the behavior that has been exibited since Caylee has gone "missing", after today I can't help but feel compassion for them and want to turn some folks around, to maybe create some constructive dialouge to inspire this family. They have alot to get thru, and will forever be labeled with this henious crime, and yet still have thier lifetimes to live. If they can be inspired to use the spotlite on thier lives to have a new beginning/focus, it can help them heal and walk forward. Thier shoes? I would not ever want to walk in them.

After today they are going to feel such a void, hollow emptiness.

I have not watched the whole thing only parts of it. But it looked as though it was magnificent. I doubt that anyone can watch this and not feel something for the family. Even with all the deception and dysfucntion, I believe they loved that baby and I truly hope they find some healthy way to cope with this catastrophe.

I have not watched the whole thing only parts of it. But it looked as though it was magnificent. I doubt that anyone can watch this and not feel something for the family. Even with all the deception and dysfucntion, I believe they loved that baby and I truly hope they find some healthy way to cope with this catastrophe.

It was magnifecent, JB. If you can find the time, try to watch. I was especailly touched by the music. The soul and feeling that was sung out today just shot right thru me like a bolt right thru my heart.
I have to admit that I read thru all the commentary and translations of the eulogies realtime on the net, but did truley listen to them when I got home, with an open mind, and tried to understand what this family is trying to live thru. Especailly George, being fresh from the hospital. The courage of that man did deserve the ovation he recieved.

Jax how typical a thread coming from you darling. I hope this day is a new beginning for the Anthony's. I pray they receive the support and help that they need.

I was just thinking about GA's eulogy after watching NG. I had seen it live today and I found it touching, honest, and loving. I really think GA is gonna come out of this in the "best" shape emotionally and I'm pleasantly surprised; he seemed like the most fragile in the family and now he is seems to be further along in the stages of grief. I, along with many other WSers, were sooo worried about GA, even before his suicide attempt and out he came today with that eulogy that blew me away. I wonder if its cause GA had professional therapy (maybe the others have talked to a therapist-I don't want to assume they haven't but....) I, too, believe that the A's will continue helping others and that's something good thats come out of this.

I just got home from work and watched the memorial, start to finish.

I know there has been alot of commentary today that disected the eulogies that were delivered today by Lee, George, and Cindy. Personally I was most touched by Lee, I totally lost it when he spoke.

Regardless of any anger or frustration I have harbored for them, I salute them for having it in them to stand up before the nation/world and share thier very raw feelings and emotions with us. Though many may not agree with references to Casey, we have to remember that this family still has alot to deal with in the months and years to come in respect to her actions and the consequences of those actions that will affect them for the rest of thier lives.

Emotionally spent, I thought I would start a thread to discuss what this family can take from this to make them stronger and try to pick up the pieces and do something that may help someone, somewhere, somehow.
They now have a captive audience, so to speak, so maybe they may be open or inspired to take what they have been thru to help others in some way, and in turn, can find some peace and heal.

I thought the service was beautiful & I think Caylee would be proud of her grand parent's. I hope & pray Casey will find it in her heart to just tell the truth & give her parent's the chance to heal.

As much as I might not like the Casey comments they made, it is exactly what Caylee would want, she loved her mother, no matter what. That is the beauty & innocense of child hood.

As a mother & grand mother, I can not imagine their pain. I am so grateful I have not had to walk in their shoes. Although many of their actions have made me down right angry, I can not find fault with them today & I won't. The service was tasteful & full of love. I hope they find some kind of peace & I hope they will continue to let their faith help them heal. Regardless of my feelings in this case, I am very very sorry they or any other family has had to endure such a loss. It is just so senseless & I think that's why we all have gotten so passionate about this case. We are trying to make sense of something that is impossible to make sense of.

To my own children & grand children: LeLe loves you to the moon & back a million times over & that's a lot.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

With all due respect, the A's should help each other before they consider helping others. Right now there is still too many unanswered questions for them to be child advocates.

George's speech touched me the most. He was truly greatful for all the support and love for Caylee. He added the most tidbits about Caylee's life - how she loved Vegetails, Sponge Bob, and how she could polish off a plate of green beans in no time. I cried the entire time he spoke. Of all the Ant's, I think George will be the one who forges ahead and reaches out to help others. I say this even inspite of his hospitalization a few weeks ago. He's struggling, but I also saw amazing strength in him today. His speech was pure emotion - no games, no hidden messages, just his feelings.

I think Cindy will eventually be able to reach out and help others one day, but she has a lot hurdles and barriers in her way. - and she has to get through this trial (if it goes to trial). She didn't say it today, but I think she still blames LE and "the kidnappers" for this mess. Until she faces the truth, I can't see her helping others right now. Poor woman needs a therapist, and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. She won't be of help to others until she gets help herself. I do feel for that family.

It was perhaps the most respectful and tasteful memorial I have had the honor to witness.

One thing I sensed coming from this is that George, Cindy, and Lee are coming together in a positive way. I saw sincere support from each of them towards the other today. They are not circling the wagons but instead baring their souls publicly.

Going out a bit on a limb here, but I sense they accept the fact that KC is responsible. They don't know what went wrong...it was a shock...she loved that baby...and her parents still love her. But...I could sense that they are ready to let KC suffer the consequences. Tough love, if you will.

KC had, quite frankly, been tearing that family apart for years. Caylee seems to be the only thing bigger than KC, as it appears she is able to bring them back together.

In honor of peace, I bring my thoughts up. There has been much talk about how the Anthony's respond to KC possibly being a murderer and supporting her, how could they, etc. My mother is Irish and has told me that if I murdered my child, she would drop all contact with me. She raised me; I believe her. Myself, I don't know what I do, but I am betting that I would be circling the wagons as they are and supporting my daughter. It took me a long time to conceive my children, and I think I would support them no matter what they did. By support, I mean love. I couldn't just drop my love for my daughter.

Also, it seems as if they have a small family unit and need to be a strong and unified front. Maybe they have alienated others in their family but I still understand this action. My mom is an only child, parents are gone, and she had 2 daughters. She has 1 aunt still living. My parents divorced when I was 15 and I have been close to my mother ever since. As far as on my mom's side, there is only my mom, sister, me, and her grandchildren (plus spouses). That's it. I don't cast stones; we are as dysfunctional as can be. But you better bet that we would stand by each other in times of strife because that is all we have.

As an off topic, and perhaps a smile, my girls and I were watching NG tonight and they were playing the photo montage of Caylee with the song "Gone Too Soon." My girls were playing "make believe" before this song came on, one was Belle and one was the prince. They slow danced to the song as it was playing and at the end kissed. It was a nice finale to the day and made me appreciate life, the tenderness of it, the shortness of it, and the humor of it: At the end when they kissed, the daughter who played prince yelled "EWWWW! I kissed Belle!" Had to smile, whilst in tears, and appreciate the heaviness of it all.

Hold the ones you love dear tonight, everyone, and think of the Anthony's in this horrible time, no matter how you feel about them.

I thought the service was beautiful & I think Caylee would be proud of her grand parent's. I hope & pray Casey will find it in her heart to just tell the truth & give her parent's the chance to heal.

As much as I might not like the Casey comments they made, it is exactly what Caylee would want, she loved her mother, no matter what. That is the beauty & innocense of child hood.

As a mother & grand mother, I can not imagine their pain. I am so grateful I have not had to walk in their shoes. Although many of their actions have made me down right angry, I can not find fault with them today & I won't. The service was tasteful & full of love. I hope they find some kind of peace & I hope they will continue to let their faith help them heal. Regardless of my feelings in this case, I am very very sorry they or any other family has had to endure such a loss. It is just so senseless & I think that's why we all have gotten so passionate about this case. We are trying to make sense of something that is impossible to make sense of.

To my own children & grand children: LeLe loves you to the moon & back a million times over & that's a lot.:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Very loving and compassionate post Lele. I too think that today's service was a wonderful tribute and I left my heart open to Caylee and only Caylee, and listened to the A's with compassion and and regret for a precious child lost to them.

We may never make sence of this, how can we? But there must be something that can become of this tragedy, something that society can learn to not have this happen again. That is what I think the A's can search themselves for and try to help the others to recognize.
I think back on Lional Damer's interviews after his son's crimes. Not since that case has their been a more horrific nightmare for a parent to live thru.
But Lionel did share much of his experience with his son to try to help others to understand the criminal mind, as unimaginable as it is.

I thought the service was beautiful and I was especially touched by George Anthony's talk about Caylee and what she meant to him. I believe he is well on his way to healing but all of them have a hard time ahead of them with the trial, etc. I hope that they will use this horrible experience in their lives to bring some good to others suffering, but I think they need to be careful which organizations they choose to be a part of so that Caylee's memory will never be tarnished. What a little angel she was and it is clear that she was absolutely the light in their hearts and souls. They will be lonely for a long, long time.

With all due respect, the A's should help each other before they consider helping others. Right now there is still too many unanswered questions for them to be child advocates.

I am not considering that they should fancy themselves as advocates in any sence. I am just thinking that they should step back and heal, and use this time to learn the truth.
When the truth be told, use this stage that they have been set on to bring awareness. Awareness to mental health, recognition, and resources to prevent tragedies such as they are living thru now.
When one is a victim of a crime, believe you me you learn more about the justice system and all that comes with it that you could ever imagine. And to share that knowledge not only gives you a better understanding, it may in turn help others to cope with crisis as well.

It was perhaps the most respectful and tasteful memorial I have had the honor to witness.

One thing I sensed coming from this is that George, Cindy, and Lee are coming together in a positive way. I saw sincere support from each of them towards the other today. They are not circling the wagons but instead baring their souls publicly.

Going out a bit on a limb here, but I sense they accept the fact that KC is responsible. They don't know what went wrong...it was a shock...she loved that baby...and her parents still love her. But...I could sense that they are ready to let KC suffer the consequences. Tough love, if you will.

KC had, quite frankly, been tearing that family apart for years. Caylee seems to be the only thing bigger than KC, as it appears she is able to bring them back together.

You've summed up my feeling exactly. I saw a lot of love and support between the three A's, and I get a definite sense that they have accepted that Casey is responsible for what happened to Caylee although they may not have yet reached the point of believing that what she did was intentional. I believe they will stand behind her, but not along side her. JVM said that in 99.9% of similar cases that she's seen, the grandparents continue to support their child.

(mybold)

Me too, JWG. I did not view that any of thier comments were cryptic, only from the heart, as well as they could express without being scripted from the most prolific writer.
How would any of us said anything any better being in thier shoes, with the world watching. Give them a break today, folks.

I thought the service was beautiful and I was especially touched by George Anthony's talk about Caylee and what she meant to him. I believe he is well on his way to healing but all of them have a hard time ahead of them with the trial, etc. I hope that they will use this horrible experience in their lives to bring some good to others suffering, but I think they need to be careful which organizations they choose to be a part of so that Caylee's memory will never be tarnished. What a little angel she was and it is clear that she was absolutely the light in their hearts and souls. They will be lonely for a long, long time.

Green beans.... I will never cook green beans again without thinking of Caylee and George's generous tribute of Caylee.

You've summed up my feeling exactly. I saw a lot of love and support between the three A's, and I get a definite sense that they have accepted that Casey is responsible for what happened to Caylee although they may not have yet reached the point of believing that what she did was intentional. I believe they will stand behind her, but not along side her. JVM said that in 99.9% of similar cases that she's seen, the grandparents continue to support their child.

JVM makes sense, and although I have a nagging question, I also believe they know their daughter did it and it was an olive branch extended to KC to fess up and that they still love her. To which, I believe is totally appropriate.

JVM makes sense, and although I have a nagging question, I also believe they know their daughter did it and it was an olive branch extended to KC to fess up and that they still love her. To which, I believe is totally appropriate.

I got that impression too, mostly from Lee's speech which clearly, IMO, asked Casey to listen to her conscience and confess.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back