Defense hires new media rep - "Todd Black" out

Oh yeah. Now that everybody knows who 'Todd Black' is, they dump him. Doesn't count in my book. The right thing to do is to dump a disreputable person and their firm as soon as YOU know their background... not wait until everybody else finds out.

Defense gets a big zero points for this one.

Well that is a excellent move in my opinion

Im sorry that a man has lost his job but if he had been upfront in the first place and not used a alias then it wouldn't have shrouded this case in MORE mystery than it already is !!

Next time he needs to be honest about his jail time !

Oh yeah. Now that everybody knows who 'Todd Black' is, they dump him. Doesn't count in my book. The right thing to do is to dump a disreputable person and their firm as soon as YOU know their background... not wait until everybody else finds out.

ITA. I don't know if anyone caught JVM Tuesday nite, but one of the lawyer pundits was saying he didn't think JB had the experience or smarts to be the lead defense atty in a case of this caliber. Of course we've discussed that on the boards, but it's interesting to hear it on TV.

ITA. I don't know if anyone caught JVM Tuesday nite, but one of the lawyer pundits was saying he didn't think JB had the experience or smarts to be the lead defense atty in a case of this caliber. Of course we've discussed that on the boards, but it's interesting to hear it on TV.

I heard that as well and fear that the fact that there has been so much drama with the defense that this case may end up in a mistrial or acquittal. Baez seems so ignorant most of the time, then there are times where he does things that makes you think for a second, but I think anything he has done that is smart is coming from the advice of Mrs.Baden.

I know Marti. She yelled at me when she found at I was writing a book about Lisa Nowak. Then she called my publisher, St. Martin's Press and gave them grief, too.

Did she think she was the only one who could authorize a book? Is she a media selling one just like Jose's last PR person?

We need to research Marti, I guess.

I was really surprised because I actually jumped through her little hoops and contacted her about the Nowak book rather than trying weasel my way around her. She returns my professional courtesy with a rant. Not very PR-ish if you ask me.

I know Marti. She yelled at me when she found at I was writing a book about Lisa Nowak. Then she called my publisher, St. Martin's Press and gave them grief, too.

LOL, I'll bet she did! I'd certainly be running scared if I knew Diane Fanning was writing a book about my client! ;)

I doubt the PR switch-over will make much difference as far as the public's perception of Casey and Co., however. The damage has been done, and if in fact the reports about fingerprints on the duct tape are accurate, then all of Madison Avenue couldn't save her now.

ITA! It's about 6 months too late, the damage has already been done IMO.

I guess better late than never. :rolleyes:

What, just because she was PR for Nowak she thought she owned her and the rights to her story?

She get a big, fat whatever from me.

Why do they even need a PR for anyway? A waste of time if you ask me. Wonder who is paying her bill, the ever elusive "family from CT"? :razz:

ETA: NOW WHERE IS THAT FLIPPING DOC DUMP!!??!!

As much as I am happy about this move, I wonder how long it will take for JB to give another interview....

Marti Mackenzie seems to be good at what she does in front of the media. If JB takes her advice, I predict a new polished look to the defense and the accused. Press releases will be more professional, no more street corners competing with car horns. The bun will disappear and a young, sober, conservative KC will be revealed. Will it work? Who can tell? Maybe not with WS but the general public may see it differently.

Will this affect your book on this case?

Diane, I remember her on Nancy Grace talking about Lisa Nowack case, she was full of herself, of course she came on there with an attitude and Nancy quickly smacked her around and let her now she wasn't putting up with the BS.

I wonder if she will go on Nancy's show again?

She makes her living by distorting facts, and using PR spin to fool the public into trying to get scum bag criminals like Casey off the hook.

Not a very nice woman.

Marti Mackenzie seems to be good at what she does in front of the media. If JB takes her advice, I predict a new polished look to the defense and the accused. Press releases will be more professional, no more street corners competing with car horns. The bun will disappear and a young, sober, conservative KC will be revealed. Will it work? Who can tell? Maybe not with WS but the general public may see it differently.

You are correct. In public she is impeccably professional. I was thoroughly amazed that she didn't behave that way one-on-one.

Why do they even need a PR for anyway? A waste of time if you ask me. Wonder who is paying her bill, the ever elusive "family from CT"? :razz:

[/B]

Great question, you don't need a PR person to spin the facts unless you are guilty. The Ramsey's had a PR person, all the while refusing to talk with police...

There's really no need to have a media representative in the first place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back