Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Continue here please.

Newbies

WELCOMETOWSBLUE.gif

I am sad we all are meeting under these circumstances.

Please read RULES/TOS.

Ugh! I don't want to lose the general discussion threads here. I find not having general discussions a pain in the neck!! Running to find the "appropriate" thread is something we never had to do before until the "other" case. A "think tank" means to toss out various ideas spontaneously and we lose that part of sleuthing, imo.

I don't see a problem if someone wants to open a thread in the basement for links, but then our guests cannot view them which seems unfair.

Yes, I agree. What about a thread with NO discussion, only supply pertinent info with links, and NO duplicates...no thank you's or convo or anything. Just the facts, in order to keep it centralized.

It's unfortunate that we live in a world with predators that prey on our young innocent children. I have a horrible feeling about what's happened to this child. It just goes to show you that if somebody wants your child bad enough, they will stalk, and then go in for the kill as soon as you let your guard down, and it doesn't matter where you live. Danielle Van Dam lived one mile from my house in a high class neighborhood. Heleigh and Jess lived in a not so high class neighborhood and they were abducted. It's just heartbreaking that we have to live like this.

I hate to post something so morbid...but I hope they search the crawl spaces under ALL of the trailers there.

I'm not sure how good their word is, or if it's really been looked into

Exactly! For all we know, maybe they were there but Misti told them that Haleigh was asleep, playing in her room, was in time-out being punished, was outside playing, etc, and they never actually SAW her.

I can't keep all these underage pregnancies, kids, teens, sound-alike names straight. Is anyone actually married? Where are the real adults in this situation - grandparents, older aunts and uncles?

TES and LE will search everywhere allowed by law. You can't go underneath people's homes without permission or a warrant, as far as I know.

I still have a huge problem with Misty's statements..
She said in one interview that she got up to go to the bathroom, found the door open, then found Haleigh missing..
Then in another on the same day she said that Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom and when she didn't return, she got up to check on her..
Someone please tell me how she slept through someone coming in and taking this child out of her bed, but didn't sleep through the child getting up to go to the bathroom?

I see charges coming this weekend..

Yes, I agree. What about a thread with NO discussion, only supply pertinent info with links, and NO duplicates...no thank you's or convo or anything. Just the facts, in order to keep it centralized.

That is an idea. Have one thread, here in missing section, so public can view, for all docs/pert links. There will be a forum if this continues. Then you will have it already here and I can just move it. Call it Haleigh Commings Pert Info NO DISCUSSION or something of the like?

I also agree with SS, gen discussion is great!

Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20090213/ARTICLES/902130291/-1/news?Title=Search_will_broaden_for_Haleigh

snipped

"The search for Haleigh Cummings, 5, was approaching its 80th hour..."

"Other elements that emerged from the morning news conference:

* Investigators planned to conduct more interviews of relatives and others today. That includes some re-interviews. Hardy declined to list names, to talk about polygraph examinations or to say why people were being re-interviewed.

* All 44 registered sex offenders who live within a 5-mile radius of the Cummings home have either been interviewed or had their whereabouts confirmed.

* There were more than 100 volunteers on the ground and at least 50 law officers. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement officials on the ground were either veterans of these kinds of cases or have received special training - or both.

* Hardy declined to address the issue of whether Croslin - the girlfriend of Haleigh's father - has changed her story in any substantial way. First reports indicated that Croslin, who is 17, had been sleeping in the same bed as Haleigh. Later, the girlfriend said they were in the same room but different beds."

I still have a huge problem with Misty's statements..
She said in one interview that she got up to go to the bathroom, found the door open, then found Haleigh missing..
Then in another on the same day she said that Haleigh got up to go to the bathroom and when she didn't return, she got up to check on her..
Someone please tell me how she slept through someone coming in and taking this child out of her bed, but didn't sleep through the child getting up to go to the bathroom?

I see charges coming this weekend..

I doubt she was home for any of it; she came home realized Haleigh missing, didn't call 911 right away, waited a half hour. If she had just woke up and realized it could potentially mean a predator still in the house, so first thing you'd think she'd do is call 911. So it sounds more like she walked upon the situation rather than woke up to it

OK, elle1919....it's the term "is not actually a bluff at all".....as per my sis....whom I quoted as giving me this info originally...yeah, that's it....I'll blame her!!
At any rate...."Buffalo Bluff" isn't ACTUALLY a "bluff" at all.....but as mentioned in TUBA's post....it's really "low lying ground with lots of growth"

Hope this makes sense.....it's "not actually a bluff at all". It's "low lying ground with lots of growth"....so basically, the places name is ambiguous....thus "Buffalo Bluff" isn't a bluff at all, just named that....I'll stop babbling.

I think I heard on NG, that all neighbors had opened their homes to LE.

Yes but did they let them look everywhere in there houses?
I know that Destiny Norton's killer let Le search his house as well, but told him the basement had never been used, since they moved in. Le turned around and got a search warrant.

We could have news by the end of the day. If so, they will move forward with the investigation to declare it moved to Homicide case or keep it as a missing person case.

Evidence has been in the possession of LE for over 72 hours now and they should have some preliminary results to follow up on. They are not going to name POIs, Suspects, or make any arrests until they have some clear cut evidence pointing to the person/persons involved so the clock doesn't start running and they lawyer up.

It's unfortunate that we live in a world with predators that prey on our young innocent children. I have a horrible feeling about what's happened to this child. It just goes to show you that if somebody wants your child bad enough, they will stalk, and then go in for the kill as soon as you let your guard down, and it doesn't matter where you live. Danielle Van Dam lived one mile from my house in a high class neighborhood. Heleigh and Jess lived in a not so high class neighborhood and they were abducted. It's just heartbreaking that we have to live like this.

The Van Dam case is the one that keeps coming to mind for me. The guy that lives next door only got out a year ago and he did a pretty long sentence. I would really like to know if he is at home, what his demeanor is like, or if he conveniently isn't around.

The other weird thing with the guy next door is no one (unless I have missed it) can find his court records, a news story about him, even his inmate number brings back nothing.

That is an idea. Have one thread, here in missing section, so public can view, for all docs/pert links. There will be a forum if this continues. Then you will have it already here and I can just move it. Call it Haleigh Commings Pert Info NO DISCUSSION or something of the like?

I also agree with SS, gen discussion is great!
:blowkiss: Great idea!

Can someone tell me what the g/f's brothers address is again? I can't remember where I saw it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni