Bedtimes and blankets

My take is that MC's blanket was in the van and the van was no longer there. I don't know who owns the van, but I think it will turn out to be her brother Tommy, and the blanket went home with Tommy and his boys. Maybe one was cold and she gave him a blankie for the ride home. We don't know.

There was a blanket on the window (RC needs to sleep during the day, he works nights) and Haleigh's pee-pee blanket. Apparently, there are no other blankets, so MC washed and dryed them both, covering Haleigh at about 10:00pm. Sounds reasonable to me. A large load of laundry takes 2 hours from start to finish and Haleigh went to bed at 8:00pm with a sheet for a cover, as MC needed to do laundry.

Police used one or both of the blankets as a Haleigh scent item for the tracking dogs. They removed the blanket from the home and put it outside before scenting the dogs to it.

The origin of the "blanket ramble" brought up when Misty was asked during a live interview by a reporter "what happened that night'. Misty rambles on about blankets, in what appears to be an attempt to dodge the question, imo

Okay I'm having a difficult time understanding this thread..what exactly are we talking about??

The origin of the "blanket ramble" brought up when Misty was asked during a live interview by a reporter "what happened that night'. Misty rambles on about blankets, in what appears to be an attempt to dodge the question, imo

Trying to figure out why Misty was so focused on the blanket. I'm thinking maybe LE grilled her on this topic in their initial interview and she wasn't consistent then either. Maybe she's still worrying about whatever she told them. Maybe she's trying to the story right now, but not really succeeding.

Was the blanket taken off the window? If so, was the window exposed (someone could then see inside)?

Misty said she "had to wash the blanket" over the window and Haleigh's blanket smelled like urine. Her own blanket was in the van they took away. So, she does laundry then covers Haleigh with the blanket. Misti didn't say if the window was left bare or not. I wonder if Haleigh's freshly washed blanket would still have her scent for the dogs even if it never covered her that night?

Ok..not sure if it fits in here...but it does have to do with "beds". The good reverend on NG was trying to make a point, but she talked over him. When describing the bedroom, the rev. said it was 10 by 10...he said that he had a queen bed in there ...and he had difficulty moving around- it seems there is also a large tub. So how was this other toddler bed in there? And why not use the other kids rooms (even the rev. referred to them that way)?
As far as the ramblings about the blanket, I could not figure out what on earth she was talking about, but it seems as if LE has the blanket now.

It will be interesting to hear if Misty's blanket was in the van.And LE can tell if the other two blankets were washed and if there is any evidence of foulplay.People can say what they want about this family,but it is so refreshing to not see them come out in the media as the crazy bunch we've been seeing for the last seven months.They're begging searchers to stay,which is so sad,and they're thanking people for helping.The father stands next to LE and thanks them publicly.

Well,the dogs got the scent the first time,walking on the woods path to the pond and then to the railroad tracks,but Misty would take the kids walking to water and on the road to brother's house.I am not sure about the railroad tracks,though.But they did ask her on the police report if she walked the kids on the road.

Maybe they had twin mattresses four feet apart,but I also recall people say the mattresses were on the floor.

Something that has stuck out to me since I seen the interview where MC was rambling on about the blankets was how she seemed to 'break up' when she said she put a sheet over Haleigh! It sure made me wonder if she in fact did put a sheet on Haleigh but not in the way she is claiming and we are hearing!

I too am very disturbed by that statement,she did say,Haleigh peed on her blanket,and bio Mom and grandma said she hasn't done that since she was two.So,making this statement she can justify why she had to wash the blanket,because it makes no sense why she would have to wash blanket hanging up in window.It wouldn't be dirty,so she could throw that over her.If she peed on the blanket,it would stand to reason the whole bed would be peed on and she'd have to wash the sheets.If she put her to bed at 8pm,she went to bed at 10:30,no way you could get "two blankets"washed and dried in that time.Two blankets in a dryer would have to be dried at least a cycle and a half,because I doubt they had a new bigger dryer that would do it so fast.

I also can't be past that 911 call,as I said,I've listened to it over and over,there is definitely a "ch",right before cleaning.I think she said she was bleach cleaning.If you're bleach cleaning you open windows and screen doors,because of the smell,so that would be the unlocked door.If she did open door to vent house,and she was so overtired as she said she was,or smoking pot,she didn't remember to lock it in my opinion.She said Jr was up,walked out of bedroom,but she was too exhaused,laid down and went to sleep.Haleigh could have seen SO if she was up,door unlocked and there you go.And in this theory,it's terrifying to think why she would be bleach cleaning and washing blankets.:eek:

the blanket being taken down from the window on this very night is a HUGE coincidence. i can't believe it is the reason this all happened by a perp being allowed to see into the bedroom. their trailer was the last one on a dirt road practically in the middle of the woods. i don't think there were too many people walking by......

i think taking the blanket down to stage a scene to try and make it look like someone was looking in the window is MUCH more likely. or maybe even that this blanket was used for some kind of cleanup or concealment and then washed to remove evidence. another suspicious act.......washing two blankets that night and the blanket misty normally uses gone.

The whole thing sounded to me like a way for her to explain away a missing blanket rather than describe what happened before Haleigh went missing. I would have immediately asked "what van" when she said they took it in the van. I want to know if they have found this missing blanket or if it is actually with Haleigh.

Here, again, is Misty's account of the blankets--color coded for clarity:

Quote:

"Ok.. I put her to bed about, you know 8:00 'cause that's her bedtime--she has school. I put her to bed and... (pause) Her blanket and my blanket...my blanket was in the van that they took, so we had a blanket hanging on the window and I had to wash that-- and her blanket--her blanket was--was she had peed on her blanket the night before, I guess, and I was gonna put it on her but it smelled like pee. So I washed her blanket and I gave her a little sheet to cover up with (voice breaks) and she fell asleep and I went--come in there and put her blanket on her and then I laid down."

Blanket 1: Her (Haleigh's) blanket - needed to be washed because "she had peed on" it.

Blanket 2: A blanket that was hanging on the window, that "had to be washed."

Blanket 3: My (Misty's) blanket - Was in "the van* that they took."

*Note: this vehicle (the van) has apparently been processed by LE--location and owner unknown to us at this time.

Even if the blanket had "pee" on it, how do we know if it was even Haleigh's? She also had a little brother that could have had an accident for that matter.

Even if the blanket had "pee" on it, how do we know if it was even Haleigh's? She also had a little brother that could have had an accident for that matter.

And strange how she never mentions covering Junior up, as if he weren't even there, yet feels the need to mention each blanket where it was and why it needed washing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back