The Pink Shirt

nursebeeme

Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread on the pink shirt as this, I believe, will tie into this case in more relevant ways in the future. We know that Misty first reported Haleigh missing in a pink shirt. Now the amber alert has been changed to not reflect ANY clothing and no further info was given on this as to the why...

thoughts:
1)why was it in the laundry? Did the perp take it off? Did the child? DID MISTY?
2)WHAT was she wearing if not the pink shirt?
3)When did Misty last see the child in the pink shirt?

Either way, the pink shirt puts many questions into mind....espcially since LE would not say why or offer another clothing description...

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

PALATKA — After investigators said today they are chasing down a tip that the 17-year-old girlfriend of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings' father may not have been home at some point when the girl disappeared, she emphasized she was home.
Misty Croslin told the Times-Union this morning that she was at home, that she took a polygraph test with detectives and passed.
She said she did not know where the tip to investigators came from.
She also said she was in the mobile home for the first time Monday with investigators and found the pink Hannah Montana shirt Haleigh was wearing in the laundry. She said the little girl was wearing the shirt when she went to bed. Tuesday investigators changed the Amber Alert clothing description and would only say they have the pink shirt but wouldn't elaborate.

Oops! I hit submit too soon! I had more to add...;)

As far as the shirt, I really don't know what to think of/about it!

I do find it interesting that the shirt that Misty claims Haleigh was wearing in the laundry when she was allowed in the house with investigators on Monday. Interesting that Misty would find the shirt...or the shirt she claims is the pink shirt...and in the laundry especially after all the talk of washing the blankets she has rambled on about in interviews. Honestly, I have never heard that it was a Hannah Montana pink shirt when hearing a description of missing Haleigh...just a pink shirt...The Hannah Montana part seems like something that you would definitely add when telling police what she was wearing...JMO!

I'm wondering if Misty didn't just see the pink Hannah Montana shirt in the laundry and decide to tell them that that in fact was the shirt that Haleigh was wearing?

wow. once again, this could be huge or nothing, but it seems like more and more things that COULD be huge keep pointing to misty.

was it an honest mistake by misty?

or is misty responsible for this and overlooked that the pink shirt would need to be gone with haleigh?

was it in the dirty laundary or was it freshly washed (to maybe destroy evidence along with the blankets)?

I think Misty just spouted off that she was wearing a pink shirt when LE asked her what the child was wearing.

I just cannot get passed the Hannah Montana pink shirt being found in the trailer and in the whole time Haleigh has been missing it hadn't been mentioned it was a shirt that had Hannah Montana on it. I can see Misty saying, she had on a pink shirt but I can also imagine, and maybe I'm wrong, LE asking specifically if it was plain pink or a graphic tee! IDK, I just find it odd!

wow! thanks for that link! Now I am even more confused. Misty needs to get her crap straight! I actually am not of the school of thought that she had anything to do with this but she really needs to tell the story right the first time or she is going to wind up going down for something she didn't do and this child will never be found! I just want to give her a pot of coffee and some jolt and tell her to smarten up! The whole nation is watching her fumble the ball and it WILL crush her when she ends up on the bottom of the pile...

Misty.....WHAT WAS SHE WEARING AND WHAT WERE YOU DOING THAT NIGHT? (sorry.....nurse is just frustrated)

I didn't find the link, just carried it over from another thread once I seen this thread had started! ;)

Confusion is amongst us all I believe!

I just cannot get passed the Hannah Montana pink shirt being found in the trailer and in the whole time Haleigh has been missing it hadn't been mentioned it was a shirt that had Hannah Montana on it. I can see Misty saying, she had on a pink shirt but I can also imagine, and maybe I'm wrong, LE asking specifically if it was plain pink or a graphic tee! IDK, I just find it odd!

I do too. You would think they would've put as much of a description out there that they could.

I changed the main body of the post to reflect ksgirl78s link (thank you!) that Misty found the pink shirt in the LAUNDRY!

Side note... when the man was interviewed on nancy grace...the one who used to live in the same double wide...he said you had to go thru the laundry to get to the master bedroom.... it IS possible the perp (working on the thought it was a stranger abduction) could have thrown the clothing into the laundry area)

naturally, they didn't give us enough info to know what this means.......

did they confront her like "why is the shirt that she went to bed in now in the laundary?"

or did misty find it on her own and bring it LE's attention? if this is the case, i wouldn't expect a guilty person to do this.....

Still thinking about this "Hannah Montana" pink shirt that Misty found in the laundry Monday...Just thinking out loud...and going off of the idea that she is lying...

Why was there no mention of the pink shirt having "Hannah Montana" on it? (This is really bothering me)

What would it purpose Misty to say this was the shirt Haleigh had on, if she is lying about it?

Does she think that maybe finding a pink shirt in the laundry and telling police/investigators that it was the one Haleigh had on take some suspicion off of her?

IDK...just thinking and rambling!

Why, if LE had access to this house this entire time, did they not already discover the pink shirt in the laundry? What possible motive could Misty have for pulling that shirt out of the laundry and giving it to LE, if she is guilty of anything?

I changed the main body of the post to reflect ksgirl78s link (thank you!) that Misty found the pink shirt in the LAUNDRY!

Side note... when the man was interviewed on nancy grace...the one who used to live in the same double wide...he said you had to go thru the laundry to get to the master bedroom.... it IS possible the perp (working on the thought it was a stranger abduction) could have thrown the clothing into the laundry area)

I don't get it? Do you mean he took her out naked? Or he changed her clothes? I wonder how "far down" in the laundry that shirt was.

I don't get it? Do you mean he took her out naked? Or he changed her clothes? I wonder how "far down" in the laundry that shirt was.

Even if someone took her out naked, I don't think they would take the time to make sure the shirt was in the laundry.
Misty just needs to come clean. If this was a Hannah Montana shirt that she was wearing, there is no way that would not be on the Amber Alert. No way!

Ow "Come clean" are you guys making puns?

I gotta repeat what hubby said when he got home that eve & I told him that LE had found the pink shirt, so now the pink shirt was taken off the description, and evidently they had no idea WHAT she was wearing when she disappeared....and he said...."My guess would be- Duct Tape."

it IS possible the perp (working on the thought it was a stranger abduction) could have thrown the clothing into the laundry area)

A domestic perp?:eek: I cant even get my own kids to put their dirty clothes in the laundry basket!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back