GUILTY GA - Dr. Eugenia 'Jeanne' Calle, 57, murdered in her Atlanta home, 17 Feb 2009

NSC

Former Member
Reaction score
www.truecrimereport.com

Snip

Dr. Eugenia "Jeanne" Calle, a prominent 57-year-old cancer researcher who retired just last month from her position with the American Cancer Society, had been found dead in her condo on the 20th floor. Dr. Calle was murdered.

How did the woman her supervisor called "a major force in epidemiology" end up the victim of a brutal homicide?

Arrest Made:

Snip:

Jamal Thompson, 22, had posed as a potential buyer of Eugenia Calle's condo to gain entry to her 20th-floor home at the upscale Aqua complex on 10th Street, Atlanta police Lt. Keith Meadows said.
Police were able to track Thompson because, criminal genius that he was, he allegedly used Dr. Calle's credit cards in Southwest Atlanta. Thompson not only faces a murder rap, he has also been hit with robbery and theft-related charges.

I am such a - I believe this is her apartment as it was described that she lived in the penthouse.

http://citihomesmetro.com/search_CND_detail.cfm?myproperty=3831715

What a sad and tragic ending with such stupidy - this looser criminal kills woman who helps save others lives :furious::furious::furious:

Where was I reading about Atlanta and the citizens to be extra careful at this point?? Here, Maybe???

From August 2010:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/killer-...enia-calle-pleads-guilty-gets-life-in-prison/

A man who pleaded guilty to posing as a potential condo buyer and killing prominent cancer researcher Dr. Eugenia Calle will spend the rest of his life behind bars...

Shamal Thompson was sentenced Thursday after pleading guilty to a single count of murder...

Thompson "slammed Dr. Calle's head onto a granite countertop, fracturing her skull, and killing her," Yvette Brown, spokeswoman for the Fulton County district attorney's office, told the newspaper. "He then hid her body in the kitchen pantry and proceeded to steal her money, credit cards, and jewelry"... Thompson returned to Calle's condo the next day in order to lift items that were too big for him to carry the previous day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back