2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

3dogmom

Former Member
Reaction score
He stole a gun (allegedly) from Ron. Got into a fight with Ron, why won't they release his name?

I have many of Misty's male cousins from Tenn mypace pages. Only one of them hasn't logged on in the past month.

Why wont LE release the name/photo of this person?

Investigators Question Relative of Misti Croslin in Tennessee

Posted By: Talia Naquin
bullet1.gif
Created: 2/19/2009 10:40:08 PM
bullet1.gif
Updated: 2/19/2009 11:44:00 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Following tips on a possible Haleigh sighting in Tennessee, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office has questions for someone who lives there. He is a relative of Misti Croslin, the girlfriend of Haleigh's father and the last known person who saw the child the night she disappeared.

The tip came in that someone spotted a girl matching Haleigh Cummings' description in a Carrabba's in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Witnesses report that a man with the girl shielded her face. They are said to have left in a red Toyota Rav4 with a Florida license plate.

Thursday, deputies picked up Croslin for another round of questioning. She was at the sheriff's department for five hours.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy will not say how Misti Croslin and the person in Tennessee are related, or if that person is a sex offender

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/breaking/news-article.aspx?storyid=131791&catid=17

I have 3 male cousins myspace pages.

I can rule 2 out.

The 3rd....who knows.

He stole a gun (allegedly) from Ron. Got into a fight with Ron, why won't they release his name?

I have many of Misty's male cousins from Tenn mypace pages. Only one of them hasn't logged on in the past month.

Why wont LE release the name/photo of this person?

I am behind on my reading today. So do we now know that the cousin really exists? That would put a different spin on things.

Ok, this is interesting since a Rav4 is supposedly the vehicle LE has possesion of.

I'm really surprised that LE questioned Misty for 5 hours yesterday! It seems like they're really zeroing in on her.

We've got two similar stories going on........Misty said that a cousin visited them, a cousin that had "messed with her", and the cousin stole a gun.

Then, a relative of Ron's said that Ron was in a fight with a man the night before Haleigh's disappearance over a gun. But today, Ron denied there was a fight.

I think there must have been some sort of problem with a man who may be a relative of Misty's, but can't figure out why Ron is denying it? It might be the key to Haleigh's disappearance.

If there was a fight the night before Haleigh disappeared, maybe the man abducted Haleigh in retaliation?

What's really strange is that Nancy Grace, at the top of her program last night, said that LE has an abandoned car in their possession and is processing it. She said it was a red Toyota RAV-4. And then the newspapers are describing the car spotted in Tennessee as a red Toyota RAV-4. I'm now wondering if NG got that mixed up? She has made mistakes in the past.

I hope LE is pursuing the relative in Tennessee. I think there might be a connection.

If you believe Misty about the cousin, you have to believe the fight/gun story. This is where the story originated. Ron says none of it happened? So again who to believe? If Ron thought this person had Haleigh, he would be saying something or as his Mom said, "no one could stop him if he knew where she was".

Misty said during the interview today (sorry can't find the link, it's on the board somewhere; the one where she was standing next to Teresa, Ron's mother) said she wasn't sure if her cousin was involved or not when the reporter asked her if she thought he might be involved or something like that.. and then the reporter said "thats an interesting comment."

Hi everyone. I'm new here :) I've been keeping up and reading all of your posts & finally was able to sign up last night.

Here is my question/thought...

Brandon's brother, Joe (if I'm remembering correctly)... I noticed his myspace said it hadn't logged in since 1/26 I believe? Misty was/is close to Brandon based off of messages we've read on the page & she's in pictures with him on his myspace...but Brandon's brother...different story. I don't see any "known" contact between Misty & him. The last comment left on his myspace was from a 16 yr old that stated "I know you're gone but..." I don't remember it all completely & don't have access while I'm at work but I found that interesting. Why is no one thinking it's him?

Misty said during the interview today (sorry can't find the link, it's on the board somewhere; the one where she was standing next to Teresa, Ron's mother) said she wasn't sure if her cousin was involved or not when the reporter asked her if she thought he might be involved or something like that.. and then the reporter said "thats an interesting comment."

MeoW I missed that interview. I hope to find a clip of it later today. Thank you for sharing what you saw posted and if it's accurate that is a very odd thing for her to say on national television. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm not going to form an opinion until I get to see her say it, but off hand it sounds as if she's diverting attention to herself? I don't know yet.

it's "interesting" because she thinks her cousin might be responsible for this. you would expect her to say, "oh no, he'd never do anything like this...."

it is possible that she doesn't like him and she's just trying to divert attention from herself, though.

None of this makes sense and that might be the understatement of the year!

OK, this cousin supposedly visited for about a month. He and Ronald had a fight the night before Haleigh came up missing over this cousin having stolena gun. Then we have an abandoned vehicle police are precessing for evidence. A Rav4. Where did it come from that it was a Rav4?

Then a sighting in TN. involved a Rav4. Well, didn't the police already have possession of the abandoned vehicle when the TN. sighting happened? I do not mind admitting that I am confused.

Can someone help me out here?

Hi everyone. I'm new here :) I've been keeping up and reading all of your posts & finally was able to sign up last night.

Brandon's brother, Joe (if I'm remembering correctly)... I noticed his myspace said it hadn't logged in since 1/26 I believe? Misty was/is close to Brandon based off of messages we've read on the page & she's in pictures with him on his myspace...but Brandon's brother...different story. I don't see any "known" contact between Misty & him. The last comment left on his myspace was from a 16 yr old that stated "I know you're gone but..." I don't remember it all completely & don't have access while I'm at work but I found that interesting. Why is no one thinking it's him?

I don't have an answer to your question, but just wanted to give you a warm welcome!!:)

OK, this cousin supposedly visited for about a month. He and Ronald had a fight the night before Haleigh came up missing over this cousin having stolena gun. Then we have an abandoned vehicle police are precessing for evidence. A Rav4. Where did it come from that it was a Rav4?

Then a sighting in TN. involved a Rav4. Well, didn't the police already have possession of the abandoned vehicle when the TN. sighting happened? I do not mind admitting that I am confused.

lol. Confusing ain't it. The "police have the Rav 4 came from Nancy G herself, she made 1 statement that was never elaborated on.

However, IF and its a big IF, this story about the cousin is true. Ron is denying it, now why would he? I had a fleeting thought that hmmmm....maybe because one self expressed "media *advertiser censored*" is strangely amiss and may be in TN.....what ya think?:waitasec:

I am as confused as you are, The man would have to be plain stupid to take a kidnapped child out to eat at a resturant< i don't believe its Haliegh, unless the man seen with the child is dumber than we think:eek:

i can't believe how much bad info has already come out in this case. things keep getting changed in translation. i believe that the "sighting" in tenn involved a rav4. a reporter ASKED le if the siezed vehicle was a rav4. he didn't comment.

kind of like the vehicle in the woods thing. there was supposedly something found in one of the early searches, then it was revealed that a vehicle had been processed, and the next thing you know........there was a vehicle found in the woods. i might be wrong but i don't think this is accurate.

that is just one of dozens of examples of bad info in this (and probably all) cases.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I think he's a possibility. Do you have a link to his Myspace?

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sherriff's Office says that the FBI is investigating Misty Croslin's cousin.
Eyewitness News learned Thursday, that Misty Croslin's cousin was in town the night Haleigh disappeared. There are questions about what role he may have played in the disappearance. After the little girl vanished, he took off to Tennessee.

WFTV reporter Mark Boyle briefly spoke with Misty Croslin about her cousin.
"You said you don't trust him, why?" asked Boyle.
"I just don't trust him," she said. "He's gotten into a lot of trouble."

Both Charlie and Josh Overstreet have comments on their myspace which say "stay out of trouble", etc. And comments such as "is Josh out of jail yet".

There is a Joshua Eugene Overstreet in the Michigan Offender Database:
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=678631

He has a tattoo: Flora. Flora is his and Misty's grandmother

He is on probation for attempted armed robbery.

His alias is CHARLES THOMAS OVERSTREET

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back