Other Cases: SIMILAR Side by Side Comparison

NSC

Former Member
Reaction score
I posted something about other cases that are similiar but don't want it to be in the wrong off topic thread.

It is a sad theme but "missing in the night" and it does happen!!! And from the cases I can recall they were mostly SO or RSO. Or they are unsolved.

There was a case in Illinois, the Jaclyn Dowaliby murder.

http://fromwhisperstor.6.forumer.co...icago-illinios-september-14-1988_post227.html

This link has some info on it.

Wasn't Polly Klaas also taken from her bedroom???

I just thought if we could make some comparisons to other cases we might be able to see what is being read into and what is not being read into. Hope it was okay to start this thread.

Jessica Lunsford and Elizabeth Smart were taken from their bedrooms at night.
Lunsford - RSO, Smart - SO

This seems more like the Jessica Lunsford case bc no one woke to hear the intruder. Polly Klaas and Elizabeth Smart were both taken with witnesses in the room.

But we still don't know if she was for sure taken by an intruder. Isn't that what the mom said in the Duckett case?

cyn - thanks. I guess I didn't realize Jessica Lunsford was taken out of her bedroom.

There is also the Danielle Van Dam case in San Diego. The predator David Westerfield was sentenced to death.

I think there is something of a "game" for these SO to snatch these girls out of their rooms. Making it a challenge or something VS just picking a kid up off the st.

I really have an awful feeling Hayleigh is a copycat sydrome or the cousin.

What does SO and RSO mean?

Gonna guess SO is Sex Offender ... RSO?

If you google Gary Graham from Tulsa, OK...there are several cases of his where he entered the bedroom with people home to rape his victims. He even removed one child and raped her before returning her to bed. He terrorized Tulsa for 4 years before they finally caught him.

Someone also mentioned the Riley Fox case in another thread. Also taken in the night. Another Illinois case that goes unsolved :rolleyes::rolleyes: IMO, being a native of the land of Lincoln if the LLE wasn't always politically motivated the might be able to solve a crime or two.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6196896&page=1

If you google Gary Graham from Tulsa, OK...there are several cases of his where he entered the bedroom with people home to rape his victims. He even removed one child and raped her before returning her to bed. He terrorized Tulsa for 4 years before they finally caught him.

***SHUDDER*** And this is why I have a state of the art security system. And locked gates around my entire premicise.

I know we are all debating on the parents innocene and guilt etc.. I think the easiest thing to do is blame the parents. Someone mentioned in what they wrote about the Jaclyn D case (btw, I brought her thread to the front in cold cases on WS) I just don't see RC Or MC having a personal hand in this. If anything they are least likely, in comparison to other cases where the parents are still innocent but lawyered up way quicker.

Correct me if Im wrong, but in all the cases with SOers, the doors were either broken into or left unlocked. But in Haleighs case, according to the dad and the gfriend, the doors were locked and theres no sign of forced entry.

Well look at Jonbenet Ramsey. She was aparently taken out of her bedroom, down to the basement and assaulted/murdered an no one in the hosue heard anything. Additionally the killer wrote the letter found at the scene while in the house. If you believe the killer was NOT a family member, then the killer was pretty busy and bold in the house.

Well look at Jonbenet Ramsey. She was aparently taken out of her bedroom, down to the basement and assaulted/murdered an no one in the hosue heard anything. Additionally the killer wrote the letter found at the scene while in the house. If you believe the killer was NOT a family member, then the killer was pretty busy and bold in the house.

Not to spark a debate because that is not my intention. But I believe the Ramsey's are innocent. And that is why I REALLY do believe this is a game to SO's. FBI has profiled serial killers in the same way - a game - trophies - keeping something from the victims. Maybe for SO's getting a child out of a home is like a victory for them. Makes whatever is that makes them tick more intense.

Gosh, just re-reading some of these cases tonight. We REALLY need legislation to put SO's on an island with no tv, no electronics, only seeds to grow vegetables to survive.

This thread was started to compare other cases to this one, so lets do that.

Some posts have gone way off topic from discussion of other cases similar to this one.

I have young kids. This thread is scaring the voo-doo out of me.

One other coincidence between Haliegh case and another -

Trenton Duckett's Amber Alert mentions Ocala National Forest.
Haleigh Cummings home is near the northern side of the Ocala National Forest.

I don't believe there is any other similarity in the cases, and I do not think that the two children met similar fates.

This thread should scare some of you here. We need to put them away for ever. The compulsion never leaves a SO, they repeat offend for most of their lives. I had a cousin who came to our house with a pedophile, he was not in any system because it was before they had them. My cousin drove him over to our house and left him in the car to wait while he talked to my parents about something. I was 8 and playing with my dolls on the front porch. He got out of the car, broad daylight and tried to get me to leave with him to some nearby woods. Long story short, later that night he walked over to our house and came in our home and was looking for me. He was 18 and used the excuse he was looking for my brother when my dad caught him. I finally told my parents and at the time, no one really called the cops for stuff like that, so they called my cousin and told him to never bring him to our house again. That year he raped and murdered a 5yr old girl in her home. He was visiting a friend and the friend said he wanted to run out for smokes, he offered to watch his sister while he went out. When the friend came home, he found his sister beaten to death and raped. He did his time, got out, and did it again. But the second time he didn't get caught, no DNA science yet, so they thought it was him, but he was never arrested. He is still out. I moved.

This thread should scare some of you here. We need to put them away for ever. The compulsion never leaves a SO, they repeat offend for most of their lives. I had a cousin who came to our house with a pedophile, he was not in any system because it was before they had them. My cousin drove him over to our house and left him in the car to wait while he talked to my parents about something. I was 8 and playing with my dolls on the front porch. He got out of the car, broad daylight and tried to get me to leave with him to some nearby woods. Long story short, later that night he walked over to our house and came in our home and was looking for me. He was 18 and used the excuse he was looking for my brother when my dad caught him. I finally told my parents and at the time, no one really called the cops for stuff like that, so they called my cousin and told him to never bring him to our house again. That year he raped and murdered a 5yr old girl in her home. He was visiting a friend and the friend said he wanted to run out for smokes, he offered to watch his sister while he went out. When the friend came home, he found his sister beaten to death and raped. He did his time, got out, and did it again. But the second time he didn't get caught, no DNA science yet, so they thought it was him, but he was never arrested. He is still out. I moved.

Oh Bern, I'm so sorry you had to endure such a horrifying experience. It is so sad these weirdos are allowed to walk around. You are right! It is scary! Thank you for sharing your experience with us as I'm sure the memories are terrifying. Hugs, matilda

There also a case in Evrett Washington, Roxanne Doll (1995) she was abducted from her bedroom that she shared with her younger sister ,raped and and stabbed to death. Her body was found a week later down a hill. Evidence led investigators to a man the family had trusted as a friend . Richard Clark.

There also a case in Evrett Washington, Roxanne Doll (1995) she was abducted from her bedroom that she shared with her younger sister ,raped and and stabbed to death. Her body was found a week later down a hill. Evidence led investigators to a man the family had trusted as a friend . Richard Clark.

I remember that case. :mad:

Oh Bern, I'm so sorry you had to endure such a horrifying experience. It is so sad these weirdos are allowed to walk around. You are right! It is scary! Thank you for sharing your experience with us as I'm sure the memories are terrifying. Hugs, matilda

The point is this, if I had gone, no one would have known who took me. He never went in the house the first time, he sat in the car, waiting. You have to be careful who you let around your kids, I really believe there needs to be tighter laws and better ways to get them off the streets. I live in what is considered a "good" neighborhood, and we have 168 RSO, within a 5 mile area. I have ADT and my gates are locked but I still don't feel safe.

Waltz, I feel lucky because I didn't go with him. I just knew not too.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of cases where the family has taken poly's and how long it took LE to come out and say they passed?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back