DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

benn8

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have posted a few messages on the Chandra Levy forum at websleuths, and someone over there posted a message saying that they had posted it here first without any response, so they took it over there.

I am a Chandra Levy investigation nut, so I will try what the other poster did, in reverse. I will bring Chandra Levy over here. I have never seen what I am going to mention anywhere in the news, so you may see it first here.

After the Connie Chung interview of Congressman Gary Condit in August of 2001, Congressman Condit went around to various other news media the same day, and maybe a few days afterwards, doing interviews for the media. I have looked, and I have checked, but I have not found anything, and what I was looking for is why did not Connie Chung, or any of the other media interviewers, ask Condit if Chandra had keys to his apartment?

That would have been a much better question than asking him about an affair with Chandra.

Keys are pretty hard to sidestep, keys are not very mysterious, and they more or less take a yes or no answer. Someone might have been able to pin Condit down, but none of the interviewers did (that I could find).

Did Chandra have keys to Condit's apartment? Well, Paul Katz, Chandra's uncle, said she did on the Larry King Live Show July 30, 2001, which was before the Connie Chung interview in August, and all of the other interviews.

Rep. Condit seemed to be lucky one more time. He seems to be able to dodge the punches. In the meantime I can not even find an address for Connie Chung so that I can tell her what she did, or did not do. <smile>

Maybe someone has some comments about Chandra, or Gary Condit, etc. Maybe you know who did it. That would be interesting.

benn8

There is already a Chandra Levy thread here for those of you who can't accept a simple mugging victimized because she went jogging wearing a walkman and was not alert enough to threats in the area.

Toth, hello, I am a new poster here. I will tell you what a Congressman's staff member told me once, and also a police sergeant. "You don't know that."
Why didn't Connie Chung ask Rep. Condit if Chandra had keys to his apartment? Why did it take the Washington police 11 weeks before they searched Condit's apartment.
benn8

Is it true that there were several Washington interns that wound up dead over the last few years and they thought it might be some kind of serial killer?

Baby Blue, that is true. I really haven't looked that up much lately. Joyce Chiang was one intern some posters got concerned about in the Washington area. I was concerned there, but there was not a lot of evidence with Joyce. There seemed to be some feeling by some that Joyce had committed suicide, but I don't think anyone knows that for certain.

I could say a little more, but it would be off the top of my head and might not be 100% correct.

If you are really interested in more of what has occurred in Washington, DC, you can try going to www.justiceforchandra.com and there are various news items there, and people who are also interested in the Chandra Levy case and other similar cases.

Myself I am a Californian, living only about fifty miles from Modesto, California, and I wish that the local law authorities around Modesto could get more involved with the Chandra case. Right now Modesto is concerned with the Scott Peterson and Laci Peterson case, but the Modesto authorities have been working hard, and they do not back down.

When Chandra first disappeared the Stanislaus Sheriff's department sent a deputy to Washington to see if Chandra's home county could help in the search. The Washington police promptly sent the deputy back to Modesto, told Modesto not to investigate, and to turn over all of their investigation papers.

That atitude changed on the part of the Washington police a little later, but the Stanislaus County Sheriff's department was a little confused at first as to why Washington did not want Chandra's home county to participate in the search for her.

I don't know what the relationship is now between Stanislaus County law enforcement and the Washington, DC police.

In one instance, which I refer to a little over at the regular Chandra Levy forum here, the Washington police asked for assistance from the FBI to interrogate at least one witness in Stanislaus County, because of course the Washington police could not do that themselves, in another part of the country.

It seems like local law enforcement around Modesto could have handled the situation much easier, knowing the territory, and the residents in that area.

Thanks for the remarks, Baby Blue, and sorry that I am not more up to date on missing interns in the Washington area. It does seem that interns are fairly young people, and they should not be dating elderly Congressmen, or Congressmen should not be dating interns.

cheers,
Benn8

Originally posted by BABY BLUE
Is it true that there were several Washington interns that wound up dead over the last few years and they thought it might be some kind of serial killer?

Baby Blue, maybe Toth is right, maybe I should not be posting here about Chandra Levy. I found an article, accidently, that might interest you. It is not about interns, but it is about pregnant women in Washington, D.C.

It was written before Chandra Levy disappeared, so it is an independent report.

It may be of interest to others, so I will make a separate topic for it also.

http://www.house.gov/norton/20010215.htm

cheers, benn8

Does anyone know any updates on this case? It seems so unfair that the Levy's still haven't gotten justice for their daughter!

What happened to the Jonbenet forum? I've been a way with my little boy who was hospitalized in another province....so I missed the old going and the new coming in. My email has also changed so how do I fix that with administration? Thanks

River,

Living in the area and being familiar with the area as well as DC law enforcement, (my Dad was on the force 30 years), I TRULY believe this is a mass cover-up orchestrated by the Condit camp............I believe the DC MPD were told in one way or another to "put a lid on it"............DC is 100% dependent upon Congress for everything, since it has no representation or any say really in it's own welfare, esp. financially.

There hasn't been any news coverage here of the case for a long time............tho many people have several theories and had "seen Condit" at suspicious places right around Chandra's disappearance........

I wish the Levy's could find some peace......

Rubydoo

Now sleezy Condit is suing the tabloids for over 200 million. Wow, it would be great if the case was opened and the DC cops are FORCED to take action. He could be very sorry that he opened this can of worms. Condit was the only one elated on 9/11 as it took the heat off of him. Imagine how Susan and Bob Levy feel.

This "psychic detective" Lysa Mateu discussed her input to police on Chandra's case today on Crier Live 1/14/04. She said a limo driver and 2 others Chandra didn't know killed her. That Condit "didn't say go kill her he said go take care of it". Talked about a missing bracelet and that she correctly named the park where Chandra was found long before the discovery. FWIW

Now Condit is suing the tabloids for ruining his reputation. He and he alone killed Chandra and I fully agree that the DC cops let it ride. Then came 9/11 and he was off the hook. PITIFUL.

Condit is not even a suspect in the case. He and Lin Wood are suing the tabs for millions, and they will win because he was libeled by them.

Evidence shows Condit behaved strangely. What about the trip he took out of town? What about his wife (who rarely went to Washington) appearing? My personal beliefs are that Condit told someone to take care of Chandra, although, of course, I have no real evidence to back that claim.

The sad thing is that if the DC police have put a lid on the case, which seems very possible, it's kind of like the old days under Josef Stalin when someone would just disappear, and no one dared to ask. Have certain segments of our society come to this? Kind of makes you want to revisit the murders/suicide allegations connected to the Clinton administration, doesn't it?

I agree that Condit knows more than he is saying. I've said it before on this forum (pre crashes) and I'll say it again. Condit didn't commit the act, but he let everyone around him know that Chandra was giving him grief, along with his wish that the "problem" would just disappear.

Furthermore, I believe that the DC cops intentionally bungled the investigation because it may have involved a Congressman. DC gets all of its funding by Congressional appropriation, hence they had a motive not to upset a potentially influential member of Congress. They didn't want to bite the hands that feed them.

I'll bet that to this day the key members of Condit's staff at the time were never interrogated or subjected to lie detector tests.

I feel for the Levys. They will never have the answer they deserve.

Agree that Condit is somehow involved. Sorry, her disappearance and murder were just a little too coincidental for me...

nanandjim said:
Agree that Condit is somehow involved. Sorry, her disappearance and murder were just a little too coincidental for me...

I couldn't agree more. He knows who did it, or he knows something key about it.

I saw the original clip of the police looking in the park--and they were mostly cadets looking--and I immediately said to Mr. Tex--"that is one pitiful job of looking." You could tell they had no more interest in finding her than -- well, pick your metaphor, but they weren't going to find her quickly."

There's something Gary Condit knows about her disappearance, and is not telling, and that something I truly believe is key to finding out what happened to her.

I have also long believed that Condit had something to do with Chandras death. These guys like to play around but when things get complicated they want to get rid of them in anyway possible. I also hope they reopen the investigation. If Condit thinks he got away with it once, who is to say he wouldnt do it again...many do.

There is still some dna evidence in the Chandra Levy case, but no one seems to want to look at it.

The dna would prove whether Condit told the truth to the FBI when he said that he did not know Jennifer Thomas, Otis Thomas's daughter, whom Otis said had an affair with Condit in 1994, if I remember my dates right, anyway it was about 7 years before Chandra disappeared.

The FBI interviewed Otis Thomas, but then eventually said that Otis lied. I don't know how they could tell if Otis lied, Jennifer Thomas had a son with the father's name withheld on the birth certificate. A dna paternity test could tell if Condit was or was not the father. If Condit is not the father he should welcome the test because a paternity test could prove with 100% accuracy that he is not the father.

The FBI could not locate Jennifer Thomas and never did interview her. While we definitely respect people's privacy nevertheless this is a murder case and Jennifer Thomas should co-operate with law authorities in telling them what she knows.

I have thought that the Stanislaus County law enforcement authorities could have done a better job than the FBI and the DC Police.

Why won't any law enforcement authorities make this paternity test of Jennifer Thomas's son? Granted, it is not a welcome subject for the principals involved, but how else can this case be solved if evidence is available but will not be looked at.

It is said that Chandra asked Condit about his supposed affair with Jennifer Thomas, and Chandra told her mother that Condit explained it all.

This was just before Chandra disappeared, so there may be something here that is being covered up. The Levy attorney is not digging into the case like a Geragos might do. The problem with Geragos is that he is on the wrong side.

Anyway I thought I would throw the dna paternity test of Jennifer Thomas's son out in the hope that someone might be able to figure out how to have it made. The only thing that seems to show up here is coverup.

benn8

There are a lot of unexplained things about the CL case, as well as Condit. There was damaging evidence in Condit's disappearance between the suspected time CL disappeared and the police report of her disappearance. Has anyone really documented where/why (especially WHY) Condit drove from Washington and where he went?

CL left everything behind. Strange. Could someone have entered her apartment and logged on to her computer as her?

What about the scream that was heard during the night?

What about Condit's strange reactions?

There are a lot of unanswered questions. There are also parents who it looks like will never know who killed their daughter.

Why isn't the case active?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back