Frail-looking gunman begs for oxygen tank after Robbery/Scuffle

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
An oxygen-dependent man who tried to rob a convenience store Wednesday had to beg for his portable breathing tank after an aggressive clerk tackled him.

William Basil Armstrong is accused of entering the Clark Mart at 2115 East Ave. in Kenmore about 10:30 a.m. and ordering the clerk to fill a bag with money. Akron police say Armstrong, 56, was armed with a loaded .40-caliber handgun.

The clerk didn't flinch when the frail-looking robber flashed a gun tucked at his hip.

``I was like `Man, get on,' '' gas station owner and clerk Imran Surani said. ``I didn't take it seriously.''

When the robber pulled the gun out and pointed it at him through bulletproof glass, Surani still wasn't moved.

The robber fled the store, and Surani caught up to him and tackled him.

During the struggle outside, the robber pointed his gun at Surani but could not find the trigger to shoot. Surani then slapped the man in the face, causing him to drop the gun.

At that point, the robber pleaded with Surani: ``Please, get my oxygen tank out of my car!''

A woman who was about to pump gas saw the scuffle and ran over. She rushed to a small red car parked in the station lot and retrieved a portable tank. She moved the gun away so the robber couldn't reach for it again.

``He maybe felt he needed the oxygen tank to help him relax,'' Surani said of the panicked robber.

Armstrong is charged with aggravated robbery, attempted aggravated murder and felonious assault.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/local/8710517.htm?1c

i can't help laughing at this scenario...glad he couldn't find the trigger! sometimes i wonder what these people are thinking/ or smoking! another in the annals of America's dumbest criminals. last month a guy well known to us robbed a local bank and next day huge photo of him on front page from bank camera...we all exclaimed.."HEY THAT'S WELDON H." just had to go over his house and get him. heh heh

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back