Casey & Family Psychological Profile #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

songline

Reaction score
Discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Casey and family in a constructive way, please do so here.
thanks.:)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70260"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69987"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76453"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78735"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72749"]Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5[/ame]

IMHO I have said from the start Casey sounded mentally ill, I was called a good Samaritan, or a humanitarian, and that Casey is just plain EVIL.
I still believe she is mentally ill, and her parents can NOT absorb this fact.

I do not think her attorney knows what he is doing.

FROM THE ARTICLE "MOMMY DEAREST": (Lots of information that I agree with).
The Mind of the Sociopath
According to Criminologist, James Alan Fox, professor of criminal justice at Northeastern University, some act on genuine psychotic delusions. Others can be motivated by selfish reasons if the child is perceived by them to be an obstacle in their relationship with a boyfriend, or preventing them from living the carefree lifestyle that they want.
>SNIP<
http://www.officer.com/web/online/Investigation/Mommy-Dearest/18$45493

IMHO I have said from the start Casey sounded mentally ill, I was called a good Samaritan, or a humanitarian, and that Casey is just plain EVIL.
I still believe she is mentally ill, and her parents can NOT absorb this fact.

I do not think her attorney knows what he is doing.

FROM THE ARTICLE "MOMMY DEAREST": (Lots of information that I agree with).
The Mind of the Sociopath
According to Criminologist, James Alan Fox, professor of criminal justice at Northeastern University, some act on genuine psychotic delusions. Others can be motivated by selfish reasons if the child is perceived by them to be an obstacle in their relationship with a boyfriend, or preventing them from living the carefree lifestyle that they want.
>SNIP<
http://www.officer.com/web/online/Investigation/Mommy-Dearest/18$45493

Being mentally ill is not reason enough to apply a defense of insanity. Insanity is a legal term, not a psychological one.

Casey has to admit she is guilty in order to plead insanity. Baez cannot do it for her.

Baez and crew left the door open for a possible insanity plea and also for an accidental death/panic disposal scenario in documents sent to the prosecutor. If you don't answer a criminal charge with those possibilities right from the start, you can't do it later, as I understand it.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html#-
However, Eyewitness News has learned that, behind the scenes, the defense team sent 30 pages of documents to prosecutors. In those documents, Casey's lawyers argued that if Caylee is dead that it was "almost certainly a tragic accident."

The documents also said Caylee could've been poisoned by chloroform or she could have died while she was sedated. They said the cause of death could have been an unwitting overdose of a sedative.

The defense documents went on to describe Casey as troubled and possibly depressed. They said her behavior had been erratic ever since Caylee's birth and particularly in the months before the little girl's disappearance.

Also, the documents state that Casey's lack of emotion after Caylee's disappearance is proof that she is not normal and could possibly be suffering from mental or emotional stress.

Baez is apparently opposed to an insanity plea:
Eyewitness News also learned that dissention among the defense team may be behind the release of those documents. The death penalty-qualified attorney, who is helping Jose Baez, said he wanted Casey to be evaluated by a nationally-known psychologist who was involved in the Unabomber and the Elizabeth Smart cases. The attorney thinks Casey is mentally ill, but Eyewitness News learned Baez rejected his suggestion.

I'v been posting that psychiatry and the law are meshed together in these types of cases but insanity is not a defense. I wondered if and have posted the question of a possible defense for KC being, "Temporary Mental Derangement," and got one response of it could be. Looking at all the clues KC has seemed to plan to leave I can't imagine any form of a psychiatri defense for KC.

I do agree that she's mentally ill. But not in the context of the law and this case. Anyway, if Baez has even suggested to KC that they go for an insanity plea, I guarantee KC said no way. She'd never admit insanity or guilt.

I do not think she is insane, just evil and used to getting her way no matter what she had to do.

I agree - she'd never plea to insanity. She doesn't have it in herself to be that introspective and admit she has any type of mental problem.

Casey's not insane. She's cunning. Devious. Manipulative. But not insane.
Insane is not lying and covering up the deed you've done.
Insane is Andrea Yates, who killed her 5 children, then called her husband and LE. She met LE at her front door and told them what she'd done.
Casey continued on with her daily life, lying to everyone about the whereabouts of Caylee. Little Caylee was out of sight, and out of mind.
Casey is a narcissistic , superficial sociopath.
Her behavior was crazy, but Casey is not.

An insanity plea does not blanket any and all mental illness. For a legal defense, the lines are very fine and KC simply does not qualify. She is a psychology lesson with certainty, but she does know (and did at the time) right from wrong-as is amplified by her efforts to cover up her crime. The fact that she continues to willfully refuse to cooperate and lie about the events only goes against any idea of an insanity plea actually working for her.

What bearing does the 30 page document have on the case now? I believe the Death Penalty Atty really does believe she is mentally ill, due to her lack of emotions, but this was filed before the body was found.

I have believed she is mentally unstable, from the time I watched her, wearing the blue hooded sweatshirt, that she bought with Amy's money, being led into custody, with such a deranged wide-eyed look on her face. Everytime I see it I have the same feeling......Detached & Deranged, it makes my blood run cold!

Personally, I'd go for mentally ill but guilty. She covered up. That indicates consciousness of guilt. She's still covering. She's got mental problems, no question, but she knew what she was doing, and she knows she did it. She moved on without a care after double-bagging her baby and throwing her away like stinky garbage by the side of the road. She partied on, slept around and lied like a rug. She has brought death to her own child and destruction into the lives of many who considered her a friend. She is costing decent people in Florida, and probably nationwide, bazillions with her actions. She has devsatated her family, not even having the decency anywhere in her being to relent and confess so that her family could find some closure or peace. She may have mental issues, but she's still a monster. No way should she walk among us again for a good 30 years to life.

The legal standard for insanity is the M'Naughten Rule.

M'Naughten Rule n. a traditional "right and wrong" test of legal insanity in criminal prosecutions. Under M'Naughten (its name comes from the trial of a notorious English assassin in the early 1800s), a defendant is legally insane if he/she cannot distinguish between right and wrong in regard to the crime with which he/she is charged. If the judge or the jury finds that the accused could not tell the difference, then there could not be criminal intent.

Casey's behavior to cover-up her crime would rule out an insanity defense.
I believe the legal system should revisit this standard in light of our current understanding of mental illness as compared to the early 1800's.

The legal standard for insanity is the M'Naughten Rule.

M'Naughten Rule n. a traditional "right and wrong" test of legal insanity in criminal prosecutions. Under M'Naughten (its name comes from the trial of a notorious English assassin in the early 1800s), a defendant is legally insane if he/she cannot distinguish between right and wrong in regard to the crime with which he/she is charged. If the judge or the jury finds that the accused could not tell the difference, then there could not be criminal intent.

Casey's behavior to cover-up her crime would rule out an insanity defense.
I believe the legal system should revisit this standard in light of our current understanding of mental illness as compared to the early 1800's.

interesting test. but by this standard, if andrea yates called the cops, then she DID know what she did was wrong, right? and someone could argue that by not calling the cops, casey showed that she wasn't even aware there was a problem. now, not saying i believe this, but just sayin'...there are issues with this rule.

Answer: Because Casey, who may be mentally ill, is not legally insane.

interesting test. but by this standard, if andrea yates called the cops, then she DID know what she did was wrong, right? and someone could argue that by not calling the cops, casey showed that she wasn't even aware there was a problem. now, not saying i believe this, but just sayin'...there are issues with this rule.

Yup--I agree. There are big problems with it, which is why I think it needs to be looked at.

Casey's not insane. She's cunning. Devious. Manipulative. But not insane.
Insane is not lying and covering up the deed you've done.
Insane is Andrea Yates, who killed her 5 children, then called her husband and LE. She met LE at her front door and told them what she'd done.
Casey continued on with her daily life, lying to everyone about the whereabouts of Caylee. Little Caylee was out of sight, and out of mind.
Casey is a narcissistic , superficial sociopath.
Her behavior was crazy, but Casey is not.

Don't forget that it took two trials for a jury to find Andrea Yates insane. The insanity defense just doesn't seem to float with jurys.

Casey doesn't have a history of being on meds and having to be hospitalized because of a mental illness. She's never been on a 72 hour hold or anything.
A jury would never find her insane. I believe that she is a sociopath.

Casey was aware there was a problem because she took steps to HIDE the problem.

The duct tape negates temporary insanity OR Casey not knowing there was a problem.

If Casey put duct tape over Caylee's mouth to STAGE a kidnapping, Casey was aware of what happened. Putting duct tape over a living Caylee's mouth so the neighbors won't hear her scream is an act of deliberation. Mothers who temporarily go insane from rage don't duct tape first.

Making plans with Cindy to get her out of the house so you can get in the house for shovels, gas, trash bags and food for your boyfriend also requires the ablility to plot your wrongdoings.

IMO

The medical definition of mental illness is any of various disorders in which a persons thoughts, emotions, or behaviour are so abnormal as to cause suffering to himself or other people...clearly Casey qualifies in this regard.

In the legal world in order to use an insanity defense the defense team is asserting that at the time of the commission of the acts constituting the offense, the defendent, as a result of severe mental disease or defect, was unable to appreciate the nature or quality or the wrongfulness of his acts....Casey did appreciate that what she was doing was wrong as she went to a lot of trouble to cover her crime.

IMO she does not qualify for an insanity defense based on this fact.

Casey has to admit she is guilty in order to plead insanity. Baez cannot do it for her.

Baez and crew left the door open for a possible insanity plea and also for an accidental death/panic disposal scenario in documents sent to the prosecutor. If you don't answer a criminal charge with those possibilities right from the start, you can't do it later, as I understand it.

Baez is apparently opposed to an insanity plea:

WOW!! Thank you lots of good information.
I do not understand what his game plan is his (Baez) strategy can not possibly go with her nanny story and blame the fevidence forund in her computer on ???
Either Casey is Crazy like a fox and knows that enough time has gone by that there is nothing that can tie her DIRECTLY to the crime, or she is mentally ill.
Her Lawyer is taking a dangerous gamble pleading innocent. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member