Cousin Arrested in Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dogmom

Former Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the cousin thread but didn't want it to get lost in such a long thread.

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/02/23/missing-five-year-old-taken-by-pedophile-family-acquaintance/

Florida (ChattahBox) – The family of missing five-year-old Haleigh Cummings have said that they are terrified that she may have been taken by the cousin of her father’s girlfriend, a convicted pedophile.

The man, whose name has not been released, is currently being questioned about the incident. Family says that he was visiting at the time of the disappearance.

“What we’ve been told is that he’s a sexual pedophile,” Teresa Neves, who is the missing girl’s grandmother, said. “I couldn’t tell you anything about him.”

The man was arrested by police and held for questioning, after an anonymous tip came in from a line in Tennessee, where the cousin is from. It said that a man was in a diner, with a child who looked like Haleigh, and that as they left he was trying to ’shield her from view’.

Police admit that a sexual predator is in custody, and that a car was apprehended in the arrest, but they have given no further details.

The family have publicly pleaded for the safe return of the young girl.

“I want to say to my baby, we love you sweetheart, and we will find you,” Neves said at an emotional press conference.

Haleigh had been asleep in her room when she vanished without a trace.

Your link didn't work for me. Here is another one to the same story:

Police admit that a sexual predator is in custody, and that a car was apprehended in the arrest, but they have given no further details.

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/02/23...n-by-pedophile-family-acquaintance/#more-5066Thanks for posting this since I missed it! It explains the car!

This could be huge, but we don't know why he was arrested. I wonder if this is Joe?

the link did not work for me... couldn't find anything at wftv or firstcoast on this..

I posted this in the cousin thread but didn't want it to get lost in such a long thread.

http://chattahbox.com/us/2009/02/23/...-acquaintance/

Florida (ChattahBox) – The family of missing five-year-old Haleigh Cummings have said that they are terrified that she may have been taken by the cousin of her father’s girlfriend, a convicted pedophile.

The man, whose name has not been released, is currently being questioned about the incident. Family says that he was visiting at the time of the disappearance.

“What we’ve been told is that he’s a sexual pedophile,” Teresa Neves, who is the missing girl’s grandmother, said. “I couldn’t tell you anything about him.”

The man was arrested by police and held for questioning, after an anonymous tip came in from a line in Tennessee, where the cousin is from. It said that a man was in a diner, with a child who looked like Haleigh, and that as they left he was trying to ’shield her from view’.

The family have publicly pleaded for the safe return of the young girl.

“I want to say to my baby, we love you sweetheart, and we will find you,” Neves said at an emotional press conference.

Haleigh had been asleep in her room when she vanished without a trace.

Please O Please, let this be the break, and that she is found safe, today!:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

By chance do you know what the date on that article was? Would this be another cousin?

I cannot get thaat link to work, 3dogmom! This is really news! When was it written? TIA

Nuttin on HLN...and they are talking about the story....but no mention of an arrest.

Arrested and held for questioning..
(I think they said this guy was not a POI)
A car was seized, however LE would not comment on it.
A SO was arrested for curfew violations, so that part is true too, but not linked to Haleigh..
I think this is just bad reporting myself.

Nevermind I was able to open a link to the article.

Is this a different cousin than Joe O.?

Also I'm confused about the reference to a diner, sounds very much like the carraba's reported sighting.

I think I need more coffee :waitasec:

ETA: thank you for looking up the date for me

Any one know anything about that site? Is it a good one?

I think the article is talking about when he was brought in and questioned,the LE already had the car and the RSO is the Timothy L in custody from last week.

I hope mods close this down. That article isnt news worthy and isnt a media affiliate with any worthy source. This isnt even a valid news article.

Maybe we should search for a related news story in that area instead of brushing this off so easily. ;)

Headline News just said they have an update in just a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth