Morgan to Depose George, Cindy & Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovejac

Reaction score
Anthony Attorney Fights Sworn Depositions
POSTED: 10:55 am EST February 23, 2009
UPDATED: 3:05 pm EST February 23, 2009

The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of slain toddler Caylee Anthony, is promising a court fight to keep them from having to give sworn depositions Thursday.

Lee Anthony is scheduled to testify Friday. His lawyer said he does not plan to block the deposition because Lee knows nothing about Fernandez-Gonzalez and will say so.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18775504/detail.html

Neither do Cindy and George...so what are THEY fighting about? Hmmm...maybe they don't want to say the truth as it will harm Casey's case...but the fact that Lee is NOT fighting it adds some weight to his honor...

I really don't get what BC is so up in arms about. Unless he fears that his clients might tell "mistruths".

Neither do Cindy and George...so what are THEY fighting about? Hmmm...maybe they don't want to say the truth as it will harm Casey's case...but the fact that Lee is NOT fighting it adds some weight to his honor...
Transcript from one of the jailhouse video visits:
CINDY ANTHONY: OK. We never really got a full description of Zanny. I know she`s got brown curly hair.

CASEY ANTHONY: About shoulder length. She wears it straight.

CINDY ANTHONY: But it`s curly.

CASEY ANTHONY: It`s curly, but she also wears it straight. That`s what I`m telling you. It`s called a straightener, remember? She`s the one that gave me my straightener.

CINDY ANTHONY: That`s true. OK. How tall is she?
Cindy saying "That's true" indicates that Casey had spoken to her mother about Zanny the nanny (or Somebody the nanny) giving her a hair product at some point in the past.

I'm sure Mr Morgan will have a question or two about exactly what it was Casey had told her that Cindy believed to be true.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0812/31/ng.01.html

Anthony Attorney Fights Sworn Depositions
POSTED: 10:55 am EST February 23, 2009
UPDATED: 3:05 pm EST February 23, 2009

The lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, grandparents of slain toddler Caylee Anthony, is promising a court fight to keep them from having to give sworn depositions Thursday.

Lee Anthony is scheduled to testify Friday. His lawyer said he does not plan to block the deposition because Lee knows nothing about Fernandez-Gonzalez and will say so.

How can the Anthonys fight it?

I'd like to know that, too! Unless the judge decides that the testimony would hamper the criminal trial in some way, I do not see how they can refuse this! But, I don't have a law degree so can't say.

I think Conway might try to claim bereavement, but so could Luka, I mean, Lee loved Caylee too.

Wonder if cindy is okay with Lee not fighting it?:waitasec:

I wonder what can happen to the A's if a judge orders them to be deposed & they don't comply... contempt of court with a fine or something like that? OJ had to testify in the civil case against him so there must be something that a judge uses to "encourage" one's participation, lol. I would be afraid to say no to a judge, I'm curious to see how this is resolved. I don't think it's fair to ZG to have to wait so I hope the G & C depos go forward soon.
:gavel:

I think Conway might try to claim bereavement, but so could Luka, I mean, Lee loved Caylee too.

Wonder if cindy is okay with Lee not fighting it?:waitasec:

I don't buy the 'too grief stricken' to answer to deposition. Cindy is one tough, strong woman. One of the toughest, strongest I have ever seen. And George, well, I am just not convinced the 'suicide attempt' wasn't designed to avoid answering any more questions.

I don't buy the 'too grief stricken' to answer to deposition. Cindy is one tough, strong woman. One of the toughest, strongest I have ever seen. And George, well, I am just not convinced the 'suicide attempt' wasn't designed to avoid answering any more questions.

I agree. Just a quick question. If any of the A's had taken a lie-detector test with LE in the beginning of the investigation and had been asked about ZG, what they knew, etc. and had passed the test, would they have still been subject to give depositions? :confused:

I really don't get what BC is so up in arms about. Unless he fears that his clients might tell "mistruths".

:crazy: oh those naughty mistruths.

o/t bailee, i just love that little dog!

Or to manipulate Casey into giving CA and GA permission to handle Caylee's remains, because what was stated to media was he needed a funeral, for closure, and CA had her cremated so she could wear the necklace with the ashes inside. Casey gave her only public statement ever. She didn't want a cremation.
So I thought it was a manipulative move, then and now.
Casey got duped, and CA got Caylee back, albeit in ashes.

I don't see the judge being swayed by the "grief" card. BC better have case law other than that feeble excuse.

O/T thanks law girl, she is a schnoodle, schnauzer poodle cross (coming in for a kiss)

They have a right to file a motion with the court asking that the subpoena be quashed or modified. It will then be up to the judge.

That they do ! Has a motion been filed ?

The Anthony's lawyer said attorney John Morgan's plan to depose the Anthonys in front of the press is ludicrous. He plans to ask a judge to at least postpone the depositions until the Anthonys are in better shape psychologically to answer more questions.

I hear ya! First George and Cindy couldn't give a polygraph because they were on medication. Was that ever followed up? Did we see anything in the med cabinet that would preclude any polygraph? Did we ever see any George blood pressure pills, for that matter?
They have played the sympathy card too long to try and hide behind it once again. It is obvious to me they will do and say whatever they have to to keep their daughter from being found guilty.
Brad Conway just happened to call Sgt. John Allen when George went missing? GMAB!
I hope the judge does not fall for this. Let the depositions begin!

BC does not want them to testify because it locks them into specific answers about dates/times etc.
When was the first time you recall Casey mentioning a nanny named ZFG ?
Basically what did you know & when did you know it.

But this then becomes public record and can be used in the criminal trial to refute KC's statements.

I hear ya! First George and Cindy couldn't give a polygraph because they were on medication. Was that ever followed up? Did we see anything in the med cabinet that would preclude any polygraph? Did we ever see any George blood pressure pills, for that matter?
They have played the sympathy card too long to try and hide behind it once again. It is obvious to me they will do and say whatever they have to to keep their daughter from being found guilty.
Brad Conway just happened to call Sgt. John Allen when George went missing? GMAB!
I hope the judge does not fall for this. Let the depositions begin!

Yes, 1 of the meds that Cindy is/was on, she could have said anything and it would have registered as "ok". Making the whole thing rather a mute point.

BC does not want them to testify because it locks them into specific answers about dates/times etc.
When was the first time you recall Casey mentioning a nanny named ZFG ?
Basically what did you know & when did you know it.

But this then becomes public record and can be used in the criminal trial to refute KC's statements.

But if everyone is telling the truth, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth