GUILTY CA - Garrison Burchett, 17 mos, brutally murdered, Riverside, 23 Feb 2009

The interview with the dad on our morning news was heartbreaking.

Thank you for the link JBean, I have no earphones today and can't read lips so I went to search out a text article also.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_toddler25.3f595c9.html

snipped from article:

"The toddler suffered blunt force trauma to the head and a puncture wound to the abdomen, a Riverside Police Department news release said. Information about a motive was not released."

Poor baby rest in peace.

she told one of her older kids to "get away" so perhaps he was next?
sorry about posting a video, I heard it on the news and grabbed the first video I could find.

OMG..
What is it going to take to protect the little ones on this earth?
I am so tired of seeing people take their problems out on the innocent children.
Lord please stop this, please stop the crimes against children.

There is absolutely no info on "why", besides the blanket "seeking mental health treatment"......

My prayers for this family. I would be interested to know what she was seeking treatment for - did she just get angry and she killed him inadvertantly - or was it more deliberate and somehow related to her mental illness?

He was just as cute as a button. I do feel bad for 15 yr old son he will have to live with the fact his mom killed his baby brother and there was nothing he could do to save him. So sad.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_news/?Mother-Accused-of-Killing-Toddler-Was-Se=1&blockID=222388&feedID=171

snipped from article above:

"Lori Burchett had no previous record of abuse. She had worked as the curriculum coordinator for Mt. San Jacinto College from 2003 to 2008, however, it was not immediately known why the job ended.

Greg Burchett said his wife was in the process of seeking mental help."

more info at link.

Many prayers for this family. What is up with "in the process of seeking mental help"?

Did she have an appoitment already? Was she just thinking about making an appointment? I really wish someone had provided this mother with the means, be it help finding a counselor, a ride to counseling, etc.

ETA: OMG, I just saw her pic :eek: what a disturbed woman!

Many prayers for this family. What is up with "in the process of seeking mental help"?

Did she have an appoitment already? Was she just thinking about making an appointment? I really wish someone had provided this mother with the means, be it help finding a counselor, a ride to counseling, etc.

ETA: OMG, I just saw her pic :eek: what a disturbed woman!

I'm not good at determining much by pictures, but she does have the crazy eye.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/02/baby-killed-1.html

Very Short article only one snip that caught my attention as new info:

"...The boy’s father, Greg Burchett, 48, was at work when the killing occurred and called police when he returned home and discovered his son's body, said Det. Rick Cobb.

“Apparently, he had been dead for a bit of time, we just don’t know how long,” Cobb said..."

Arraignment delayed in Riverside toddler's death

"Burchett was scheduled for arraignment Thursday at the Riverside Hall of Justice. But the public defender's office, which was appointed to represent her, requested the arraignment be postponed until March 12.

Garrison had been dead about two hours before his father returned home late Monday, said Sgt. Mark Rossi of the Riverside Police Department."

We just had a woman here in Australia kill her baby girl - she stabbed the husband but got the baby :(

There is absolutely no info on "why", besides the blanket "seeking mental health treatment"......

Is this a question that could ever really be answered?

FYI This is my actual family that is having to endure, nobody more than us wants the "why" answered, unfortunately I dont think anyone will ever truly know but her.

:confused:

Is this a question that could ever really be answered?

FYI This is my actual family that is having to endure, nobody more than us wants the "why" answered, unfortunately I dont think anyone will ever truly know but her.

:confused:

I didn't mean to offend you...I was wondering aloud whether she had given a reason...even if it isn't logical to us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back