Does their RELUCTANCE to sit forthe CIVIL depositions affect your opinion of the A's?

Does the reluctance to sit for deposition affect your opinion of the A's?

• Yes, it is a negative for me.

Votes: 304 88.6%
  • No, they were within their rights.

Votes: 39 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lin

Reaction score
This came up in another thread and I'm curious as to the opinions of others here. Does the A's reluctance to sit for civil depositions as scheduled on February 26, 2008, affect your opinion of them?

Since I goofed on adding the poll, looks like this is an essay poll unless the mods can fix it to make it last a few days. :)

Absolutely - I was really starting to think that George was coming out of denial - I still think he is led around by Cindy, and I think if given his own choice he may have gone forward with the depos.

As for Cindy - WAKE UP! I know she's your daughter and you love her more than life - you carried her, you raised her, you had a deep relationship with her - but Cindy, she MURDERED your beloved granddaughter and has been lying about it.

I know you want tp protect your own child, but it is too late! Let her suffer the consequences and pay penance - only then will you begin to heal.

Yes, exactly! No matter how much you love someone, can you imagine if they're successful in their efforts, how they can live with her, see her every single day knowing what she's done?

But then again, they did it when she was out on bond. And they had to have some suspicions, at least. I just couldn't do it, myself. I'd think of it every time I looked at her. Imagine seeing her on holidays, etc.

I can't say their refusing to appear at the deposition has effected my feelings about them. I already don't have a high opinion of Cindy and George.
Throughout the search for Caylee they did more to cover for their daughter than seek their grandchild.
It's not their emotional situation that makes them fight the deposition so hard. They don't want to touch the Zanny the Nanny subject. If they admit under oath they don't believe there was ever a Nanny, they show themselves and their daughter as liars and also shoot down the very story their Casey used to explain Caylee's disappearance.
The Nanny took Caylee may still be the defense her team will use. Casey's parents have caught themselves in a web of lies and coverup. It always happens when you try to deceive the law.
jmo

Are you talking about civil depositions? or criminal depositions? I haven't been around so I am not sure what you mean.
I thought the depositions were related to the civil case by ZFG, but the answers are related to Caylee being found, and other things related to Caylee,so i am confused. can someone help me please :)

They are just postponing the inevitable, IMO. They need to step up, face the facts and get this thing going. Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.

Where's the option for "No, my opinion of them is already about as low as it can get."?

I think it's likely that George is in a pretty fragile state right now. But I'm not sure what is so taxing about stating that they don't know anything about a woman who doesn't exist.

I would think that, at this point, it would be in their best interests to portray themselves as compassionate for others--like the woman their daughter accused of stealing her child.

But it doesn't change my opinion of THEM as much as it makes me question the counsel they are receiving.

Are you talking about civil depositions? or criminal depositions? I haven't been around so I am not sure what you mean.
I thought the depositions were related to the civil case by ZFG, but the answers are related to Caylee being found, and other things related to Caylee,so i am confused. can someone help me please :)

mw_oops.gif
mw_sorry.gif

Edited op to reflect civil and date they were scheduled. :)

THE A FAMILY work the media so good..........no one is FRAGILE, IMO......
stalling for time.......DRAMA!!! I have NO RESPECT for GA/CA.......none anymore!

They are just postponing the inevitable, IMO. They need to step up, face the facts and get this thing going. Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.
Bolded by me

ABSOLUTELY - BRAVO. Could not have said this better myself.

Forget about your daughter lying and stealing from you.

Take it to another nightmarish level - your daughter murdered your beloved, beautiful, innocent, TRUSTING grandchild.

Now, I thought for a long time that it would be impossible for them to accept that their daughter could have done this unspeakable act, and therefore I could ALMOST understand them defending her.

But now, they have got to know. They certainly would get more out of the document dumps and learn about KC's guilt than any stranger.

CA and GA - this is horrible for you, but sometimes you have to let go... in more ways than one.

Where's the option for "No, my opinion of them is already about as low as it can get."?

Believe me, I thought of that but then I'd have had to have a dozen options. I thought my opinion of them was as low as it could get but seems they keep hitting new lows, so I ultimately decided to keep it simple.

I think it's likely that George is in a pretty fragile state right now. But I'm not sure what is so taxing about stating that they don't know anything about a woman who doesn't exist.

I would think that, at this point, it would be in their best interests to portray themselves as compassionate for others--like the woman their daughter accused of stealing her child.

But it doesn't change my opinion of THEM as much as it makes me question the counsel they are receiving.

bolded by me

This may be, but he was strong enough to go help out in Haleigh's case, but not strong enough to sit in a chair and answer a few questions about ZFG?

That's what changed my opinion about GA.

Cindy has always been a bit lower in my opinion.

Their love for Caylee, an innocent little child, should trump their love for their daughter.

I'll probably get in trouble for generalizing here, but it's been my observation that in families with similar dynamics (criminal child, defensive/protective parent), the problem child often shares many undesirable character traits with the defending parent. Cindy and Casey are a lot alike, IMO, hence Cindy's fierce protection of a child she identifies so closely with, whether she wants to admit it or not.

I can't say their refusing to appear at the deposition has effected my feelings about them. I already don't have a high opinion of Cindy and George.
Throughout the search for Caylee they did more to cover for their daughter than seek their grandchild.
It's not their emotional situation that makes them fight the deposition so hard. They don't want to touch the Zanny the Nanny subject. If they admit under oath they don't believe there was ever a Nanny, they show themselves and their daughter as liars and also shoot down the very story their Casey used to explain Caylee's disappearance.
The Nanny took Caylee may still be the defense her team will use. Casey's parents have caught themselves in a web of lies and coverup. It always happens when you try to deceive the law.
jmo

That's the thing -- CA has already admitted it to LE. This may be more about poisoning the jury pool. BC said in December that they still believed in the ZFG story; was shown on JVM last night. Link is in the media thread.

Also consider BC has previously stated he wanted immunity before any testimony. They may have concerns of their own legal situation.

You guys if this thread is going to stay open, it just can't turn into another Anthony bashing thread. Whether you want to voice your feelings or your rational reaction, either way it is totally fine, but just do it in a constructive way.
Please. Otherwise it will be 30 pages of bashing posts.

As others have pointed out, he's not too fragile to go on Geraldo, appear at memorial on national TV nor to go to Satsuma on a missing child case very shortly after Caylee's memorial.

Their unwillingness to testify -- to continue to put it off -- hasn't so much changed my opinion of the A's, it has confirmed it and has intensified my dislike of this family. I'm really tired of it all and want this to be over. Justice in both the civil and criminal cases is not on the horizion yet. The A's have a long road ahead of them, as those of us following this case do.

To those of you that think that ZFG's case is frivolous and should be tossed, are you bothered by the fact that the Anthony's are putting off the depo?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back