GA - 130 Possible Deaths Tied to Suicide Group

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
The Kennesaw-based Final Exit Network offered a methodical way to commit suicide by helium gas that quickly asphyxiated the victims and left no trace. Perhaps as many as 130 deaths may have been hastened by the group, according to a court document.

Now investigators are trying to figure out how often members of the group simply witnessed the deaths, and how much they helped in taking lives.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...ted_suicide.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

What do y'all think of assisted suicide?

me too,, absolutely.
it is a testament to how sick and unevolved we are as a society that we cannot help other adult humans end their lives.. easily, cleanly, with dignity and comfort, if that is their CHOICE... when there is no other option. instead we force them to stay alive and suffer, painfully,, when they are done with living and ready to move on. wow, that's really so humane of us.

I agree with both of you 100%. I felt like I had to put this in Crimes in the News because it is against the law here and people were arrested, but it's a terrible terrible law. Is assisted suicide legal in any state?

Many associated with this particular group are upstanding members of their community.

The Kennesaw-based Final Exit Network offered a methodical way to commit suicide by helium gas that quickly asphyxiated the victims and left no trace. Perhaps as many as 130 deaths may have been hastened by the group, according to a court document.

Now investigators are trying to figure out how often members of the group simply witnessed the deaths, and how much they helped in taking lives.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...ted_suicide.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

I ain't touching that with a 10 foot pole!:rolleyes:

You might as well just call Mom and discuss politics!:crazy:

You shall not kill,
Almighty God

Euthanasia is murder, no doubt about it.
Starving/dehydrating a person to death is a horrible way to die no matter what the propogandists say.

Today, there are so many drugs and pumps to keep acute pain away, that the only reason for assisted suicide is to save insurance companies more money.
It's propaganda. For big business.

Found this propaganda pic. Promoting euthanasia of disabled people in Germany during the Hitler era. I don't read German, but I know the reason why they promoted this was to save money in bad economic times, and to ease the suffering of these people. The rationale today has not changed. People are considered cruel, uncivililized, and inhumane if they oppose these acts of homicide cloaked in false compassion and mercy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda#Current_propagandaink;

Poster promoting eugenics and euthanasia of disabled people.

oh yeah, it's....

I agree with both of you 100%. I felt like I had to put this in Crimes in the News because it is against the law here and people were arrested, but it's a terrible terrible law. Is assisted suicide legal in any state?

Many associated with this particular group are upstanding members of their community.

physician assisted suicide has been legal in Oregon for several years. I think it just became legal in Washington State within the last year. However anyone can go before a judge when they have a family member who is unable to cognitively speak for themselves, and is being medically fed with a tube, as in the Terry Shiavo case and request an order to remove the tube thus causing the death of their loved one. It happens in every state. Only when other members of the family dispute it, do we hear about it through the media. It is a horrific way to die, slow torturous. dying of thirst and hunger, nutrition. It is the way Hitler's doctors murdered many.

Action T4 (German: Aktion T4) was a program, also called Euthanasia Program, in Nazi Germany spanning October 1939 until August 1941, during which physicians killed 70,273 people[1] specified in Hitler's secret memo of September 1, 1939 as suffering patients "judged incurably sick, by critical medical examination,"[2] but described in a denunciation of the program by Cardinal Galen as long-term inmates of mental asylums "who may appear incurable."[3] The Nuremberg Trials found evidence that German physicians continued the extermination of patients after October 1941 and evidence that about 275,000 people were killed under T4[4].
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_T4

You shall not kill,
Almighty God

Euthanasia is murder, no doubt about it.
Starving/dehydrating a person to death is a horrible way to die no matter what the propogandists say.

Today, there are so many drugs and pumps to keep acute pain away, that the only reason for assisted suicide is to save insurance companies more money.
It's propaganda. For big business.

Found this propaganda pic. Promoting euthanasia of disabled people in Germany during the Hitler era. I don't read German, but I know the reason why they promoted this was to save money in bad economic times, and to ease the suffering of these people. The rationale today has not changed. People are considered cruel, uncivililized, and inhumane if they oppose these acts of homicide cloaked in false compassion and mercy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda#Current_propagandaink;

Poster promoting eugenics and euthanasia of disabled people.

oh yeah, it's....

I think it should be a PERSONAL choice.

I respect your religious beliefs but I don't share them.

I would very much appreciate it if you could respect mine.

People should be able to end their physical life whenever they want and for whatever reason they want. It's silly that suicide is illegal in some places.

I can see and appreciate the "slippery slope" that may bother some when we contemplate this subject. But personally, I deeply respect the difference between ending the life of someone who has not expressed a desire to end their life and compassionately assisting someone who has.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back