Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

Tom'sGirl

Former Member
Reaction score
* * * Please stay ON TOPIC of this thread title * * *​

Bringing this over because while I was answering thread was locked before I could post :)

I have heard of Brian Selzer and his dog Eli.Very good reviews.Was this dog Eli one of the dogs that made the hit? Media has not identified which dogs and/or which of the dog trainers alerted
If this was the dog that made the hit.I strongly believe something was there.Did some one say the dumpster had things in it from a contruction site?It was described a construction type dumpster, from what I saw last night it was a rather large open topped dumpster (like a huge bin)Did I hear right a nursing home?As far as I know that was speculation by posters and not verfied.Maybe the dogs smelled something if some one died from that nursing home and things were put in the dumpster or it could be from Haleigh.I just don't know.Are they saying any thing new about what happened today with the search and the dogs?All that has been reported is that dogs will be out searching again today.

My responses suzannec4444 are in red.

I was watching the video when the thread got locked. And that video didn't show me much. It's 7 minutes long, but worth watching. My quesion is why keep the dogs on a chain? Heck, if you can't keep up..... then don't do a cadaver search.

I was watching the video when the thread got locked. And that video didn't show me much. It's 7 minutes long, but worth watching. My quesion is why keep the dogs on a chain? Heck, if you can't keep up..... then don't do a cadaver search.

That was what I was wondering. There was a dog who clearly was interested in something to the side of the road and the handler just kept walking straight. I was wondering if that was for real? For show? Were they going to a specific spot and were ignoring that spot? Was there a bird? A ball?

I'm not locating any nursing homes in Satsuma.

ETA: Searching because it was speculated that the items in the dumpster could have been from nursing home.

That was what I was wondering. There was a dog who clearly was interested in something to the side of the road and the handler just kept walking straight. I was wondering if that was for real? For show? Were they going to a specific spot and were ignoring that spot? Was there a bird? A ball?
And she kept reeling him in. So much for that group.

As we said on the other thread, a dog is only as good as their handler.

I'm not locating any nursing homes in Satsuma.

ETA: Searching because it was speculated that the items in the dumpster could have been from nursing home.
I'm still trying to figure out what items. A dog supposedly hit there. I should put supposedly in BOLD.

I trust the dogs. LE may have specified to their handlers where to direct the search.
Since they hit on the dock and the dumpster, i had been thinking maybe something used to conceal a corpse was thrown in the dumpster after the dock, etc.
I don't doubt their noses, a corpse was in that dumpster at some point, whether or not related to this case.

Keeping the dog under control is more for the safty of the dog. It is also the way some dogs are trained. For example, when I train a service dog and I put on his cape....he KNOWS it's work time vs play time. A search dog may end up in a very unsafe area.

I trust the dogs. LE may have specified to their handlers where to direct the search.
Since they hit on the dock and the dumpster, i had been thinking maybe something used to conceal a corpse was thrown in the dumpster after the dock, etc.
I don't doubt their noses, a corpse was in that dumpster at some point, whether or not related to this case.

I agree, three dogs and handlers. Make no mistake something was there at some point.

I wonder where the dogs were searching today.

I was just thinking this myself. I haven't really heard anything about the search they were going to conduct today. Everything I'm hearing on television is about the search yesterday. I personally thought it was kind of odd that the media was all over yesterday's search, especially after the search of the dumpster was underway, but yet today we are hearing nothing about it!

Keeping the dog under control is more for the safty of the dog. It is also the way some dogs are trained. For example, when I train a service dog and I put on his cape....he KNOWS it's work time vs play time. A search dog may end up in a very unsafe area.
Rescue and Recovery dogs are not chained. They do put boots on them to protect their feet though. Think of a building collapsing and you may understand where I'm coming from.

The dog being "interested" in something is different then a "hit". The handler would know the by the reaction of the dog if it was a "hit" or some other intersting smell to the dog. The dog only "hits" on decomp. Remember, for the dog, this is one big game.

I really don't think we should judge the dog handlers, unless we have full knowledge of the training and actual individual dogs themselves. Every dog is different and their handlers know them inside and out.. imo

Rescue and Recovery dogs are not chained. They do put boots on them to protect their feet though. Think of a building collapsing and you may understand where I'm coming from.

Yes and they are trained to be off leash. It's a nessasary part of their job. They are trained differently. Not so with decomp dogs. Search and rescue dogs live a dangerous life.

This would have had to have been a planned cadaver dog search,set up in advance,because ten minutes after Misty is put in car,she wouldn't have even gotten into station and sit down yet.Maybe it was just an overall planned day of these events.I don't think Ronald would have been pulled into trailer if dogs hit on decomp inside the trailer.So,maybe they were just doing this all at one time while they were out at the park.

The dog being "interested" in something is different then a "hit". The handler would know the by the reaction of the dog if it was a "hit" or some other intersting smell to the dog. The dog only "hits" on decomp. Remember, for the dog, this is one big game.

That reminded me Pinkypoo. Don't the trainers teach their dogs to respond in a very specific manner if they do alert? (ex: head down and scratch the ground, lay down and refuse move..you know...)

Yes I would imagine dogs will still be dogs and sniff around at other things too along the way but just not alert.

I give LE alot of credit in this situation, as I read or heard that they were keeping all of the garbage from the dumpsters confined to one specific area in the landfill. So if they need to go back they will know exactly where to look. They have been one step ahead of everybody kudos totheir wise decisions.

I mean Ronald pulled into trailer if decomp had been found in the trailer at the same time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back