WA - Tammy Gibson for beating sex offender with bat, Puyallup, 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
TACOMA, Wash. — A judge in the state of Washington has sentenced a mother to three months in jail for hitting a convicted sex offender with an aluminum baseball bat.
Before her sentencing yesterday, Tammy Lee Gibson told the judge that laws were needed to keep convicted sexual predators away from children.
The 40-year-old mother of two pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of third-degree assault in January.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,502608,00.html

TACOMA, Wash. — A judge in the state of Washington has sentenced a mother to three months in jail for hitting a convicted sex offender with an aluminum baseball bat.
Before her sentencing yesterday, Tammy Lee Gibson told the judge that laws were needed to keep convicted sexual predators away from children.
The 40-year-old mother of two pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of third-degree assault in January.

But you are within your legal rights to shoot someone dead if they enter your property over there

:rolleyes: how messed up is that !!!

I mean how much damage did she do to him ?

HEre is antother article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=6981398&page=1

He was a SO talking to her daugther !! The daughter said that HE Tried to give her fireworks

The mother repeatedly hit his arm ..................

I dont get it she goes to Jail for 3mths and someone kills someone with a GUN in their home and they get NO CHARGES

Yes she should get an award. Kudos to her, I bet that SO doesn't talk to her daughter again, and if he does he deserves what he gets from sheer stupidity.

Yes she should get an award. Kudos to her, I bet that SO doesn't talk to her daughter again, and if he does he deserves what he gets from sheer stupidity.

No he wont

He moved states after it happend

Not just her child she protected but all the residents

He was APPROACHING A MINOR - in my view he was NOT REFORMED - he deserved this.

IF he had no thoughts of harming a minor again he would NEVER have approached any minors in any way

But you are within your legal rights to shoot someone dead if they enter your property over there

:rolleyes: how messed up is that !!!

I mean how much damage did she do to him ?

HEre is antother article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCenter/story?id=6981398&page=1

He was a SO talking to her daugther !! The daughter said that HE Tried to give her fireworks

The mother repeatedly hit his arm ..................

I dont get it she goes to Jail for 3mths and someone kills someone with a GUN in their home and they get NO CHARGES

This is off topic so mods I will understand if you choose to delete this post.

Jane I understand your outrage about our gun laws from your standpoint as a citizen of another country, it can seem arcane and lawless. I do aknowledge that.

However, to understand what a complex issue it is we have to look at the fact that the interpretations of gun laws are based on the second amendment to our Constitution.

The Constitution is the foundation of our country. The Second Amendment is a part of the Bill of Rights.

It is the most contested, interpreted and reinterpreted code in the documents that outline the structure of our existence (USA).

I do not completely understand much of it because it falls under constitutional law. A very serious matter. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights of our Country were created by our Founding Fathers and is a symbol of our quest for freedom and represents our culture.

It is not an easy feat to undo what those men did over 200 years ago. I just wanted to try to explain to you exactly why gun laws here vary widely, but because it is a right defined in our Constitution under our Bill of Rights I do not see that a ban or law to restrict could not go unchallanged and stand.

Regardless of my own thoughts as an American on our gun laws, we are a country that was established of the people, for the people, by the people (to quote my favorite Pres. A. Lincoln)

I like her! She's got spunk! Anyone know where she's serving her 3 months? I'd love to write to her:)

( would be the very first time I wrote to someone behind bars)

I would like to find out his NEW ADDRESS to keep an eye on him and write her a letter in jail, not tell her where he is, just let her know he is being properly registered and indeed following his rules of his criminal justice process.

Maybe the people who feel sorry for CA might donate some funds to this woman so she may purchase some "goodies'"

I like her! She's got spunk! Anyone know where she's serving her 3 months? I'd love to write to her:)

( would be the very first time I wrote to someone behind bars)

I agree Linda, if I had won the lottery I would have paid for her to have some high priced lawyers to beat the rap...she's a winner in my book and an inspiration!

I'm no fan of sex offenders, by ANY means, however she went TO HIS HOUSE, and assaulted him. She saw fliers in the neighborhood, and SHE went to HIS house. I don't know if he really was talking to her daughter or not, but what happened to calling the police??

Since one wants to compare this case to a homeowner using a weapon in their own home, when someone breaks in, why not make it comparable? What if her house MAY have been broken into, and she found someone who had a past conviction of burglary, and she went over to their house, and beat them with a baseball bat? Does that make any sense?

Hey, WR. Didn't we have a thread going on this a year or so ago when it happened - I thought we did, but I couldn't find it.

Outside of the movies, I am not a fan of vigilante justice. I do not know how she thinks she is better able to keep her children safe from perceived threats while she is in jail.

I'm no fan of sex offenders, by ANY means, however she went TO HIS HOUSE, and assaulted him. She saw fliers in the neighborhood, and SHE went to HIS house. I don't know if he really was talking to her daughter or not, but what happened to calling the police??

Since one wants to compare this case to a homeowner using a weapon in their own home, when someone breaks in, why not make it comparable? What if her house MAY have been broken into, and she found someone who had a past conviction of burglary, and she went over to their house, and beat them with a baseball bat? Does that make any sense?

This woman is unstable and was looking for trouble, IMHO. This case cannot rightly be compared to someone protecting their home against assault because she went looking for him.

Sorry Soobs. The justice system had their chance...the SOB talked to her kid. If he so much as LOOKED at mine I wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

I can't make it comparable...we're not talking about "stuff," we're talking about a child, her baby.

And im sorry but possesions and Children - no comparison

Sorry Soobs. The justice system had their chance...the SOB talked to her kid. If he so much as LOOKED at mine I wouldn't hesitate to do the same.

I can't make it comparable...we're not talking about "stuff," we're talking about a child, her baby.

Well, I DO agree that the 2nd Amendment has nothing whatsoever to do with this case. Hopefully we won't have to debate it again.

I am sort of shocked, however, to hear that you would beat someone with a baseball bat if they looked at your child. That's rather impetuous.

Psonally Speaking I wouldnt beat someone - atlthough who knows if he did more than look at my child what I would do ? I would think I wouldn't but then people change

My entire point is WOW 3 months JAIL - PRISON for her hitting someone ON THE ARM With a BAT who is a convicted SO and was talking to her DAUGHTER

In comparison with someone stealing your possions and getting blasted with a shotgun and NO JAIL TIME!

Well, I DO agree that the 2nd Amendment has nothing whatsoever to do with this case. Hopefully we won't have to debate it again.

I am sort of shocked, however, to hear that you would beat someone with a baseball bat if they looked at your child. That's rather impetuous.

I can't say this any stronger...I absolutely despise child predators! They don't deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us.

I can't say this any stronger...I absolutely despise child predators! They don't deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us.

I don't agree with viglante justice. But I can certainly empathize with the impulse. And if he had been approaching her daughter then I could certainly understand (but still wouldn't agree with it.) For one thing, she may have gotten this SO to leave the state, but in the meantime she is not available to counsel or comfort her daughter and she leaves them open to other SO's because she isn't available to monitor their activities. Where will those children be while she is serving her time?

But here is what makes me mad. If he had molested her daughter, he very likely would have gotten less than 3 months in jail for it. How many times have we seen deals made for SO's for sentences like 6 months, time suspended, or 180 day sentences. If they don't get dismissed for technicalities that is. Or prosecutors refusing to prosecute because they didn't feel they had enough evidence (and that does happen quite a bit on younger children.)

I think they used her to serve as a warning to others- don't hit on the SO's. I could live with that if they would send a message to the SO's, don't hit on the kids!

Actually, I agree with you. I'm all for the death penalty, for the FIRST conviction, of child molesters.

In comparison with someone stealing your possions and getting blasted with a shotgun and NO JAIL TIME!

The Second Amendment isn't about possessions. It's about self-defense of your home. And you needn't question anyone of their intentions, or wait to find out if they are coming to rape you or kill you or steal your kids, if they are IN your home, illegally. The fact that they broke into your home, is enough. That's the chance that criminals take, I suppose. I don't own a gun, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to use it to protect my home, and everyone in it.

And one of the most basic "rules" of shooting a gun is, don't point it at someone unless you intend to kill them. It's one of the things that bring home the point that guns aren't toys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back