Did KC Think She Could Get Away With It?? POLL

What did KC Think Would Happen???

• Did not think it through at all

Votes: 94 23.7%
  • Did not think Caylee would ever be found so she would never go down for murder

Votes: 76 19.2%
  • She thought she had enough imagination she could cover any result with a good lie

Votes: 212 53.5%
  • She would get lots of media attention as the "Victim"

Votes: 33 8.3%
  • Did not care as long as Caylee was gone

Votes: 36 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

karenz

Reaction score
I am interested in where KC was coming from mentally. As a (somewhat!) normal sane person, everytime I think if doing something, I play the tape through. What are the possible outcomes? What are the pros and cons? Now I am talking about teeny things like speaking to HR at work about an issue. But for big things I ALWAYS do the same thing. What do you think KC thought the outcome would be?

i think she thought her story was elaborate and believable, she thought "they can't prove i did anything"
she didnt think she'd leave any clues, she didn't think the LE would be smart enough to figure her out
i think where she goofed up big time was the smell in her car, had there been no smell it would have been a bit harder to point the finger at her
people like her think they're smarter than everyone else and sneakier
i hope i understood your question lol

btw i wanted to add that i don't think she thought the body would be found, she thought she would put the body close to him because "the cops will never think of looking so close to the home"
i really believe she thought she was smarter than everyone else....

I think that Casey valued Caylee so little that it was inconceivable to her that anyone else would raise a ruckus about her disappearance. She expected others to buy her lame stories, and she fully intended to move on in her life as though Caylee Marie Anthony never existed.

Remember KC said to CA, "one more day"? I think KC was planning a trip to California, and was never coming back.

With Murder 1 hanging in the balance...why Casey took on the check fraud spree is just baffling. The 10-minutes-at-a-time frame of mind is just beyond anything I can comprehend. The check writing thing has me squarely on her being self-confident in her ability to "misconstrue".

And, of course, IF the June 21 diary entry is proven to be '08 (which IMHO it will be)...well...then...she was only a little bit worried.

Grrrrrrrr.

I feel she truly believed she could lie her way completely out of it. After all, she has spent years honing her "craft". Obviously, at least for her family anyway, it has always been so much easier to just turn a deaf ear to her tall tales. Why in the world would anyone want to confront her with her obviously violent behavior?

Yep! She knew what she was doing. She also knew what she was going say for the most part..... however absurd her story may have seemed. Of course for the unscripted parts, she just did a little ad-lib.

My, oh my, isn't she brilliant?... In her own mind.....

You know,I didnt vote because Im still not clear how much she thought it through beyond the murder.
Of course she thought she would get away with it.
But I wonder if she had been so successful most of her life compartmentalizing people and coming up with lies as the situation demanded without ever being seriously challenged or made to account that she really thought she could do the same thing in this instance.
I mean her story and excuses were so half assed its hard to imagine much prior thought went into them.
I think she was more concerned with partying and hanging out with TonE then the details of disposing of Caylee which I guess she thought she would work out later when it came down to it.
I do think she gave Caylee's murder considerable thought but beyond that...I dont know.

Remember KC said to CA, "one more day"? I think KC was planning a trip to California, and was never coming back.

I always agree that she was getting ready to take off and never come back.
I still wonder if the LE did not stop Cindy where would Casey be now.

KC thought she could get away with it because she's "gotten away" with so much else in her life up til now. Every member of her immeidate family was her enabler. They believed/ignored her lies, never held her accountable, never delved too deeply into her crazy scenarios, never really looked too hard at her actions, excuses, etc. I think CA was getting tired of it on some level, but having her grandchild around made it even more important to believe all KC's nonsense. KC's world is very small and her experiences are only those of a 22 year old who's never really been anywhere--no worldly experiences. Her world was her family and whatever friends she had at the time. She never thought outside of herself. And so she figured no one would confront her or question her. And I think her world just got even smaller.

Casey had never been held accountable for her actions in the past. She was acustomed to her parents getting her out of stealing from family and friends. No big deal to her. I think that is what she was thinking when she stole from Amy. She just doesn't think beyond that 10 minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if she followed the Trenton Duckett case closely. She didn't think that Caylee's remains would be found until after she had been aquitted for Caylee's murder and they couldn't retry her again.

It is hard to get into the mind of this girl.

First thoughts were murder-suicide. Then didn't have enough guts to finish the job. Moved thru the next month detached from reality.

It appears to me that KC's lies were not questioned/investigated by anyone before this, so she assumed her lies would not be questioned/investigated now.

KC has already stated that she is a victim (in one of her jail house visits with her parents). Therefore, I believe she thought she would receive attention as a victim.

I think she was planning on taking off but TonE kept her around. With that in mind, I don't think she thought she would get caught, she thought she'd just lie and say her and Caylee took off to get away from CA.

I always agree that she was getting ready to take off and never come back.
I still wonder if the LE did not stop Cindy where would Casey be now.

She'd still be at Tony's place ..
Casey had a month to leave town and didn't ..

What makes you think she was going to leave town?

I would have voted "all of the above". Each one of the poll options ring as strong possiblities to me.

She'd still be at Tony's place ..
Casey had a month to leave town and didn't ..

What makes you think she was going to leave town?

I think she was setting MH up for it.

She might have obsessed over Tony enough to kill Caylee for him, but she still loves herself more.

If Cindy would have given Casey one more day, Casey would have fled town like a bat out of h3ll.

If it hadn't been for the smelly car, I don't know if Cindy would have freaked out and called LE. Casey's plan might actually have been good enough.

JMO

I think that she thought that her parents and family would believe her lies and she would get away with it. She believes that she is above the law and that no one would ever dream that she would hurt Caylee. She never dreamed SHE would be charged with murder - that thought never crossed her mind, and that's why she hyperventilated when she saw the news coverage of Caylee's body being found while she was in jail. A flash of reality hit her for just a moment.

She thought she could lie her way out of it and if that did not work, mom and dad and bro would help her lie her way out of it....kinda like what is going on eh?

I voted that she thought her lies would get her out of it. To me, she didn't put much thought into this, she was very careless..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back