Suggestion

Blue_Dolphin308

We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some
Reaction score
On other forums similiar to this format there is an option to "thank" a poster. I really feel this would be a beneficial feature for websleuths, as we can just click a button to thank a poster rather then responding with a "thank you " post.

Oh my goodness! You read my mind.When first intoduced at another V-bulletin board,I thought it was stupid. But it is great! It can really cut down on the c/p of thos long posts when someone wants to simply ditto the sentiments.Thanks for responding to this suggestion.

Wow! Now this is an interesting feature! I just have a question. How do you know what post is a "thanks", a "groan", or whatever the other was?

Thanks, !

Wow! Now this is an interesting feature! I just have a question. How do you know what post is a "thanks", a "groan", or whatever the other was?

Thanks, !

Just thanked your post to test out these new features:)

Never mind. I figured it out. All you have to do is go to your nic, click
stats, and it's right there. I'm soooo brilliant!!!! I love when I have one of my "moments". :D

I'm sure I'm going to get a "groan" for this... but, the "thanks" and "groan" features are a hinderance in my mind. I belong to another board (not a sleuthing board) and there's a rating scale (reputation or something?). For some folks, it has turned into a popularity contest. That's one of the things I liked about Websleuths - you don't have to worry about being judged on each/every post. Even the reputation system is better, I think, because at least it's not there for all the world to see if someone disagrees with something you say...

Is there a way to see what the majority of members think? Thank you!!!!

The thanks feature simply says you agree with the poster, rather then typing up a post just to say "I agree" or "Thanks" it saves on bandwidth, and I have seen it work well on SEVERAL forums, and uit is completly different then the reputation feature...

BTW I didn't even notice the Groan feture, thats a first I have seen that!

Is the groan attacking the post or the poster?

I'm sure I'm going to get a "groan" for this... but, the "thanks" and "groan" features are a hinderance in my mind.

Is there a way to see what the majority of members think? Thank you!!!!

I was going to start a thread about how much I dislike this new feature. IMO, it breaks up the continuity of the threads. It almost seems like I am having to scroll past advertisements just to get to the next post. I'm not as worried about it being a popularity contest, although I can see that occurring, but just the fact that it is a distraction while reading the thread.

I really, really don't like it.

I was going to start a thread about how much I dislike this new feature. IMO, it breaks up the continuity of the threads. It almost seems like I am having to scroll past advertisements just to get to the next post. I'm not as worried about it being a popularity contest, although I can see that occurring, but just the fact that it is a distraction while reading the thread.

I really, really don't like it.

There is already a thread on this in the Jury Room to discuss this new feature.

By the way, I noticed this am that the "Groan" feature is gone...

I LOVE the thanks and groans! I too noticed the groans are gone this am. I like them because in certain instances it eliminates the need for quoted replies...which take up so much space.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back