CA and GA too "Fragile" for Depo?

lastchance

Reaction score
If they are too fragile and emotionally unable to answer questions for a deposition, how are they able to appear (in public, with media all agog, I might add,) to "support" their daughter? I am still unable to process the special treatment afforded the A menage. Is it just me? How is it possible that they get away with this? Someone with legal expertise please explain how one day they are grieving and cannot be expected to submit to the horrors of JM's deposition, and two days later are in court?

They didn't have to speak. Not even once.

Perhaps George and Cidy were in the courtroom today because they were told to be there by the defense. Maybe the idea is to present a untied front with the family. That they are standing behind their daughter and believe she's innocent.
However, at a deposition, they are under oath and there would be questions about how they reacted to the case. Also, they don't want to answer questions about Zanny. That may very well be Casey's primary defense - the Nanny took her. Certainly they don't want to shoot down that theory.
jmo

They didn't have to speak. Not even once.

That is true, they did not speak publicly at Casey's hearing this afternoon. I am still trying to understand why their attorney was there with them. Were they planning on a statement and just did not get an opportunity to offer one ? If not, why did BC need to accompany them ? To watch them watch their daughter ? I can't figure that out.

CA and GA did speak in public, with great composure and apparent relish at Caylee's memorial. In addition, George spoke, again with composure and confidence, to the media about Hayleigh Cumming's disappearance.

I have no doubt that being deposed about Caylee's murder will be more stressful than either of the public appearances cited above. However, every time the As make a voluntary public appearance, their argument about emotional fragility is weakened. A judge has determined that ZFG's case has merit and citing emotional fragiltiy to avoid a deposition regarding that case is, IMHO, manipulative. Ofcourse, I believe that CA, GA and LA knew about Caylee's death way in advance of December 11, 2008.

I think they should do the depos and get it over with. Any time I've been severely disraught, I wouldn't have been able to attend such a stressful situation as they did today without crying, at least!

No way did Cindy look "fragile" in the courtroom today. She was chomping that gum with the look of a caged bull on her face. There was some pent up energy in that one!

Fragile? Cindy? I sure didn't see it. I didn't think George looked fragile either. But definitely not Cindy! I wonder if they can get in trouble for lying about their 'condition' last week? If if they'll just say they've had a miraculous recovery? And if they HAVE had that miraculous recovery, you think their lawyer will still take the 20 days to file another pleading? Enough already. Answer the danged questions!

No way did Cindy look "fragile" in the courtroom today. She was chomping that gum with the look of a caged bull on her face. There was some pent up energy in that one!

She had a crazed look in her eyes IMO.

Cindy fragile? I haven't seen one moment of her being fragile, just the opposite. She had taken alot of something one day and seemed out of it, but never fragile.

Cindy fragile? I haven't seen one moment of her being fragile, just the opposite. She had taken alot of something one day and seemed out of it, but never fragile.

Thank you.:D
She does seem to have adjusted her intake, doesn't she?
I would guess that as busy hustlers, fully aware of the risks involved with a deposition that most certainly will address far-reaching areas of complicity in illegal, deadly dangerous and conspiratorial acts, they must continue playing the victim card. Funny how they never grieved until their lawyer suggested it.

Oh, where oh where are the charges against this loathsome group?

Poor little Caylee.

According to Mr. Conway, we should all be wary of the ".........yet."

I still can't believe he said that.

If not, why did BC need to accompany them ? To watch them watch their daughter ? I can't figure that out.

I swear BC is there because he doesn't trust JB around CA/GA or CA/GA around JB (or both). I think he wants to keep a close eye on everyone.

Or, maybe his presence is good marketing... :crazy:

JMO

I have to agree with you there. I'd say get the depos over with, as no time will be good. Hey, it may even help the defense.

If GA can help find Haleigh Cummings (which I give him kudos for), then he can sit down for a depo (IMHO).

I can only imagine how hard it will be, but after many interviews with LE and the FBI, they must be used to it by now. I think the discord here, is they now know it will be released, and that's the hold-up.

Best,

Melanie

Maybe they are up to depo after their daughter snubbed them at pre-trial hearing today...

That is true, they did not speak publicly at Casey's hearing this afternoon. I am still trying to understand why their attorney was there with them. Were they planning on a statement and just did not get an opportunity to offer one ? If not, why did BC need to accompany them ? To watch them watch their daughter ? I can't figure that out.

CA and GA did speak in public, with great composure and apparent relish at Caylee's memorial. In addition, George spoke, again with composure and confidence, to the media about Hayleigh Cumming's disappearance.

I have no doubt that being deposed about Caylee's murder will be more stressful than either of the public appearances cited above. However, every time the As make a voluntary public appearance, their argument about emotional fragility is weakened. A judge has determined that ZFG's case has merit and citing emotional fragiltiy to avoid a deposition regarding that case is, IMHO, manipulative. Ofcourse, I believe that CA, GA and LA knew about Caylee's death way in advance of December 11, 2008.

Bolded by me~~

Apparently, the deposition was like a comedy club for Lee...and yet, at the Memorial for Dear Caylee, when Lee was addressing CMA (Casey) he was sobbing, and snotting, all over himself... Go Figure!!

Ma and Pa seemed composed, granted GA was the "only" one who appeared, 'genuine'. CA was just so darn happy the "spotlight" was back on her again!! The way she held her head, tilted to the side, pretending to show sincerity....heck, I got a kink in my neck, watching her.

Come to think of it, it was mentioned several times, CA planned the entire Memorial. Severely depressed people don't have that ability, and I'm just thinking from experience. When my Dad was killed, I could hardly put two sentences together...nevermind, plan his funeral!

Obviously, they have taken up "bathing" in the Casey Kool-aid...Full Strength! Drinking it wasn't quite potent enough. :sick:

Perhaps, Cindy and George should take Lee's perspective, and view it as comedy relief, as he did. It clearly appeared he was having a great time, based on all his smiles and laughter, certainly not any stress that I saw!

The whole bunch are .... I can't even think of a word that describes the likes of this family. Even Sickos seems too light, and doesn't apply...they are considerably "darker". "Creepy"! ~~~~ Poor Caylee, she didn't have a chance with this, "out of touch with reality, bunch"! :cry: IMO

Seeka :seeya:

Caylee Dear, Indeed you are "Gone Too Soon"....from a world, where people have fallen in love with you, sweet Child. Unfortunately, not "soon enough" or "safe enough", from the family that Destroyed you!

Cindy looked downright angry as she chomped her gum. She actually had that same look as she did with the protesters and the hammer!
I wonder what ticked her off?
She definitely did not appear "fragile" at all!

I swear BC is there because he doesn't trust JB around CA/GA or CA/GA around JB (or both). I think he wants to keep a close eye on everyone.

JMO

You're prolly right on that one. Plus, think of all those billable hours he's racking up. Attorney hours aren't free.

JMO

Or maybe he was just doing his job. What a concept.

I am sure the media was trying their best to get a statement out of either parent and BC was going to be ready to speak for them.

Perhaps George and Cidy were in the courtroom today because they were told to be there by the defense. Maybe the idea is to present a untied front with the family. That they are standing behind their daughter and believe she's innocent.
However, at a deposition, they are under oath and there would be questions about how they reacted to the case. Also, they don't want to answer questions about Zanny. That may very well be Casey's primary defense - the Nanny took her. Certainly they don't want to shoot down that theory.
jmo

Who is there for Caylee?

I was so angry but knew the A's would sit behind their daughters defense. I can't believe the A's don't know that KC is the one responsible for taking the life of their precious granddaughter. All the evidence found with Caylee's remains was linked right back to the A's household. How can they still hang on to the theory of the "nanny" did this, unless they like me think KC and the nanny are one in the same.

They have also made it known they do not like Baez.

Still no one is there representing Caylee except the prosecutors. I know once trial starts LE will also be there for Caylee. Seems like the A's are alright with trading one child for the other and it just angers the hell out of me...I'd want the truth and I want to slap KC so hard it sends her into next year...:mad:

ETA:
No way does CA look too fragile to testify at the civil trial. As always CA does it her way. I think when Morgan gets a glimpse of that footage in court, he too will raise that issue. I don't understand the reluctance, they need to do this and get it over with. To postpone the inevitable will only make it that much harder. CA with her mistruths will probably do KC in anyway and this is the reason to not get this done. Betrayal???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back